It doesn't matter which country you choose to apply for your student visa, that could be the UK, USA, Canada, Australia or any other country, SOP is a mandatory application requirement.
A well-crafted comprehensive SOP plays a significant role in a successful study visa application for any country. This guide presents to you a Statement of Purpose (SOP) sample for students who are looking to enrol on Management.
These are the quick tips you need to follow while composing your SOP for Management:
- Clearly mention when you developed a passion for your intended course management
- Present your independent research and reasons behind choosing management and Care, country and the university.
- Mention your academic achievements. Also, do not forget to write about your projects, research papers and experiences.
- Assert your career plans and how the chosen degree will help you in achieving them.
- Talk about your goals based on your home country.
Statement of purpose (SOP) sample for Master of Management
I am <your name>, a permanent resident of <address>. There are ** members in my family including me, my Father, Mother, *** and ***. My father, Mr. <name> is currently working at <compnay name and address>. His annual income is <amonut>. My mother works at <company name>. My brother, <name> who is a Chartered Accountant (CA) is working at <company name> and his annual income is <amount>
Academically, I have done my schooling from <school name and address>. I scored 8.9 CGPA out of 10 scales in 10th standard in [date]. Then I scored an aggregate of 3.6 CPA in 12th standard in [date]. After completion of my Higher Secondary School, I have joined the [university name] and pursued Bachelor in Commerce and complete in [Date]. After completing my course I join <company> and work there from [date] to [date]. Now I decided to study master in abroad. As a result, I joined International English Language Testing System (IELTS) classes. I took my IELTS examination which was conducted on [date] in which I scored an overall 7 (Listening 7.0, Reading 6, Writing 6 and speaking 6.5).
After rigorously researching the options I have related to my choice of course of study here in <home country> and abroad, to be decisive of a particular country was really challenging. However, this confusion did not last for long. I had made up my mind to study abroad because of my keen interest in studying management as the main subject. There are other courses related to management here in <home country> but only in a few colleges. Moreover, once done these courses/ programs are not globally recognized/ accredited. I have done my research about other countries like the USA, UK, Canada regarding my education but I found all of them a bit expensive and not suitable for me. Studying in a multicultural country with excellence in education along with the governmental and institutional support for international students are some of the aspects that have made international students choose Australia. It is obvious to most of us that Australia is a leading country that imparts quality education to thousands of national and international students every year with a wide range of courses. Australia is an educational destination that comprises 43 universities of which 7 universities stands among the top 100 universities in the world. Australia provides the spirit of mentorship to the developing countries and gives opportunities to learn, express, research, innovate in a given field. It also has the ESOS act which protects international students in various ways. It also provides work experience with post-study work arrangements. These are the major points that made me choose Australia as my higher education destination. Sydney is the most livable city in the Australian state and the people over there are friendly and cooperative. Climate is favourable and the environment is vibrant. It will be easy for me to adjust to such an environment.
After research and details given by experts, I thought that pursuing a master of management at <university> will be the best option for my career. As I found this <university> to be one of the best educational institutions for management with the excellence in teaching, good facilities of classrooms, computer lab, library, study rooms etc. The teachers are more experienced with the favourable environment for international students. It also mainly focuses on practical/ experiential education which will be helpful for my future. I also found <university> much more affordable and well-reputed than other <university> in < ** university, university of ** and university of **> Thus, these made me think that this institution will be the best choice for my course.
To sum up my career, I have chosen the Mater of Management course which is the duration of 24 months (12 units). I will have to complete subjects such as; Principles of economics, business statistics, auditing and reporting, tax plans and compliance, corporate governance etc. This course is developed in consultation with key industry partners and can assist in acquiring the knowledge and skills that need to launch or advance my career.
In my view, acquiring knowledge of management will not only be extremely useful but also personally rewarding and enjoyable. It is a fascinating area of study and one that I will certainly be able to apply to my future work. I am well-prepared to face the challenge of studying at my chosen institution, and I have the determination to realize my goals and complete my studies successfully
Equipped with the specialist knowledge I will gain from my university’s course, as well as the cross-cultural understanding that living in Australia provides me, I expect to be able to progress smoothly into a career in the management world when I graduate. Management has got a very wide scope and area of application. Its use is not confined to the business world alone but spread over in all the spheres of society and in all professions. Nowadays, in any social institution or professional activity, whether that is profit earning or not, financial transactions must take place. So, there arises the need for recording and summarizing these transactions when they occur and the necessity of finding out the net result of the same after the expiry of a certain fixed period. Besides, it is also the need for interpretation and communication of that information to the appropriate persons. Only management use can help overcome these problems.
As for my future plans, I hope to acquire expertise in business, and especially management, that will enable me to work as a professional in a multinational company. I hope to develop the language skills, leadership and organizational abilities, cultural understanding and professional expertise that will make me an effective and successful businessperson. Furthermore, I want to give new practical dynamism from the knowledge gained by me during my higher education in Australia.
After completing my higher education in the field of management from <university> I will return back to my native land instead of staying there. I then will work in different companies or banks like (bank of **, ** Company, ** of **) for the post of an Office Manager or Budget officer or assistant manager or financial analyst. I expect to earn *** to *** per month which will be my initial salary and after gaining some years of experience I will earn more than this. I believe the knowledge and skills gained from my chosen college and country will help me to improve accounting principles and policies here in my own country. So that I can enable myself to cope up with the growing changes in economy and business in my nation, as well as within the world.
Lastly, I have fully understood the visa conditions under the 500 subclass which are as follows:
- I can work up to 40 hours a fortnight while the course is in progress.
- I must maintain an overseas student health cover (OSHC) policy for the full duration of my Visa.
- I have to inform DIBP/University of any change in address within seven days.
- I must maintain at least 80% attendance in my course as per the education provider.
- I must Score a minimum of 50% in each subject to pass.
- I must maintain the payment of tuition fees by the census date of each term in which I am enrolled to study.
- I hereby confirm that I will obey all the rules and regulations of the Australian Government and my chosen college to establish my career and for my further studies.
Passport number : <number>
If you are having a hard time developing an SOP, check out this Statement of Purpose Template (SOP) | All you need to know.
You can also have a look at other SOP samples:
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) for Australia: A Brief Guideline
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) for UK: a brief guideline
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) for Canada: a brief guideline
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) for USA: A Brief Guideline
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) for Master in Data Science
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) for Nursing
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) sample for IT
- Statement of purpose (SOP) sample for Business
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) for Social work
- Statement of Purpose for Hospitality Management
- Statement of Purpose for MBA
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) for Public Health
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) for Accounting
- Statement of purpose (SOP) for Nutrition and Dietetics
- Statement of purpose (SOP) sample for Artificial Intelligence - AI
- Statement of purpose (SOP) for Masters in Professional Accounting - MPA
- Statement of purpose (SOP) for Counselling
- Statement of purpose (SOP) for Cyber Security
- Statement of purpose (SOP) sample for Education
- Statement of purpose (SOP) sample for Computer Science
- Statement of purpose (SOP) sample for Networking and Network Security
- Statement of purpose (SOP) sample for Early Childhood Education and Care
- Statement of purpose (SOP) for Civil Engineer