Bachelor of Business Studies in Nepal is taught via combinations of lectures, group discussions, problem-solving exercises, guest lectures, practical work, and project work. This course is 4 years long and is offered by:
- Tribhuvan University (TU)
- Mid Western University
- Far Western University
BBS graduates can find scope and career opportunities anywhere from banking to corporate house, business and IT companies, sales and marketing etc thanks to the comprehensive curriculum and the needs of managers in any field. Students need not appear on any entrance examination to study BBS in Nepal.
In addition to that, BBS is also quite cheap in comparison to other management and business courses in Nepal like Bachelor of Business Management (BBM), Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) and Bachelor of Information Management (BIM).
BBS is popularly known as one of the easiest courses to study after class 12th in Nepal.
Goal of Bachelor of Business Studies
- Impart students with conceptual understanding and knowledge of business, management and administration to help them develop the foundation of business and management perspective.
- Help build entrepreneurial capabilities and leadership skills in students so that they can be the agent for the necessary change and transformation of Nepali society needed for a better tomorrow.
- Develop skills in students which will help them make a career in fields such as teaching, research and consultancy.
- Develop required attitudes, abilities and practical skills in students, which constitute a foundation for their growth into competent and responsible business managers.
Eligibility Criteria for admission in BBS in Nepal
To study BBS in Nepal, the entrance test is CMAT is not mandatory.
- Students/ applicants must hold an intermediate degree or 10+2 degree (in any streams) with mathematics or economics as a full paper from TU or Higher Secondary School Board or equivalent board.
- Students must have studied English as a full paper during High school of +2.
- Students must bring a minimum of 45% during the intermediate level.
BBS Course fees in Nepal
In short, The Bachelor of Business studies fees in Nepal ranges from NPR 1.5 Lakhs to 4 Lakhs for the 4-year course.
List of BBS College in Nepal
Government BBS Colleges in Nepal
- Padma Kanya Multiple Campus, Bagbazar, Kathmandu
- Shankar Dev Campus, Putalisadak, Kathmandu
- Koteshwor Multiple Campus- Mahadevsthan, Koteshwor (Community Institution)
- Nepal Commerce Campus- Minbhawan, Kathmandu
- People’s Campus, Paknajol, Kathmandu
- Pashupati Multiple Campus
- Janamaitri Multiple Campus
- Lumbini Banijya Campus
Private BBS Colleges in Nepal
- Campion College
- Texas International College
- St. Xavier’s College, Maitighar, Lalitpur
- National College of Computer Science (NCCS), Paknajol, Kathmandu
- Prime College, Nayabazar, Khusibun, Kathmandu
- Thames International College, Old Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- Global College of Management, Mid-Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- DAV College, Jwalakhel, Lalitpur
- Nepal Mega College, Babarmahal, Kathmandu
- KIST College, Kamalpokhari, Kathmandu
- Trinity International College, Dillibazar, Kathmandu
- Brihaspati College, Bhairahawa, Rupandehi
- Balkumari College, Narayangarh, Chitwan
- Malpi International College, Baluwatar, Kathmandu
- Nepal Institute of Management & Science, Mahalaxmisthan, Lagankhel, Lalitpur
- Triton International College, Subidhanagar, Tinkune, Kathmandu
- Khwopa College, Changunarayan Road, Bhaktapur
- Bagmati Modern College, Sukedhara, Kathmandu
- Brookfield International College, Sinamangal, Kathmandu
- Everest College of Multiple Studies, Samakhusi Road, Kathmandu
- Nagarjuna International College, Pulchwok, Lalitpur
- Dillibazar Kanya Multiple Campus, Dillibazar, Kathmandu
- Kathmandu Bernhardt College, Bafal, Kathmandu
- Kathmandu Model College, Bagbazar, Kathmandu
- Lincoln College, Samakhushi – Ranibari Rd, Kathmandu
- Madan Bhandari Memorial College, Rudmatti Marg, Kathmandu
- Modern Nepal College, Sorhakhutte Bahati Pokhari, Buddha Tole Marg, Kathmandu
- Premier College, Devkota Sadak, Kathmandu
Click here to know more about the best BBS Colleges in Nepal.
BBS Course subjects and syllabus
|BBS First Year (Each subject worth 100 Marks)||Second Year (Each subject worth 100 Marks)|
|MGT 201: Business English||MGT 205: Business Communication|
|MGT 202: Business Statistics||MGT: 206: Macroeconomics|
|MGT 203: Microeconomics||MGT 212: Cost and Management and Accounting|
|MGT 211: Accounting for Financial Analysis||MGT 214: Fundamentals of Marketing|
|MGT 213: Principles of Management||MGT 216: Foundations of Human Resource Management|
|Third Year (Each subject worth 100 Marks)||Fourth Year|
|MGT 204: Business Law||MGT 220: Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Development (100 Marks)|
|MGT 215: Fundamentals of Financial Management||Concentration I (100 Marks)|
|MGT 217: Business Environmental Management||Concentration II (100 Marks)|
|MGT 218: Taxation and Auditing||Concentration III (100 Marks)|
|MGT 219: Organizational Behavior||MGT 221: Business Research Methods (50 Marks)|
|MGT 401: Final Project (50 Marks)|
The concentration areas are:
- ACC 250: Accounting for Banking
- ACC 251: Accounting for Business
- ACC 252: Advanced Financial Accounting
- ACC 253: Advance Auditing
- ACC 254: Budgeting and Controlling of Profit
- FIN 250: Fundamentals of Corporate Finance
- FIN 251: Commercial Bank Management
- FIN 252: Foundations of Financial Institutions and Markets
- FIN 253: Fundamentals of Investment
- FIN 254: Insurance and Risk Management
- MKT 250: Fundamentals of Selling
- MKT 251: Customer Relationship Management
- MKT 252: Foreign Trade and Export Management in Nepal
- MKT 253: Fundamentals of Advertising
- MKT 254: Fundamentals of Services Marketing
- MGT 250: Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- MGT 251: International Business
- MGT 252: Management of Industrial Relations
- MGT 253: Productivity Management
- MGT 254: Quality Management
Students need to pick 3 concentration courses from these 5 functional areas. For further detail on the coursework of Bachelor of Business Studies by TU, click here.
Evaluation and Grading System of BBS
The BBS students need to fulfil these requirements:
- The successful completion of 19 courses of 1950 marks and submit a final project report of 50 marks as prescribed with passing grades in all the courses.
- The passing scores were obtained in all theory and practical components of the courses separately.
- Completion of courses for the fulfilment of the BBS programme must occur within the time limit as prescribed by Tribhuvan University.
There will be an internal and final evaluation to analyze the performance of students.
The final evaluation is conducted by the Office of the Controller of Examinations via Annual examinations. Students can only appear on the final examination if they satisfy these criteria:
- Record a minimum of 70% attendance during the classes
- No student will be allowed to appear in the second year final examinations without first appearing in the first year final examinations.
The final examination/ annual examination follows this grading system.
|Division Category||Percentage Requirements|
|Distinction||75% and above|
|First Division||60 to 75%|
|Second Division||45 to 60%|
|Third Division||35 to 45%|
Scope of Bachelor of Business Studies in Nepal
BBS degree will come in handy in pretty much any companies and industry that requires coordinators, accountants, customer- care, managers, and report drafters. That being said, The scope of BBS in Nepal is huge and increasing.
BBS jobs in Nepal
The BBS Salary in Nepal ranges from NPR 12,000 to NPR 30,000 per month in entry-level jobs. The Jobs you can get after BBS in Nepal are:
- Data Researcher
- Business Analyst
- Share Broker
- Business Development Manager
- Associate department manager/ co-ordinator
- Financial Consultant
- Information Analyst
- Project Manager (Junior or Mid)
- Product Manager
- Content Writer
- Marketing Manager
After some years of experience, BBS graduates can expand the horizon of knowledge by getting an additional degree. Students can also right away pursue a master’s degree or further studies after completion of a Bachelor of Business Studies. The common options for further study available in Nepal are:
- Master of Business Studies (MBS)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Masters of Business Management (MBM)
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
- Executive Masters in Business Administration (EMBA)- After you have gained some solid experience upon completion of BBS.
- Masters of Public Administration (MPA)
- Masters of Finance and Control (MFC)
- Masters of Philosophy (M. Phil.) in Management
- Masters of Philosophy (M. Phil.) in Public Administration
- Chartered Accountant (CA)
- Master of Commerce (M.Com)
- Master of Arts (MA)