If you are awaiting your +2 result and thinking of preparing for the CMAT entrance examination to get admission to your desired institution then go ahead and make yourself prepared for the test.
This article helps you to know about the CMAT test, eligibility criteria, syllabus, institutions offering CMAT classes and admission procedures.
Central Management Admission Test (CMAT) is a mandatory entrance examination conducted by Tribhuvan University, Faculty of Management for the enrollment in various management disciplines such as;
- Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor in Information Management (BIM)
- Bachelor in Business Management (BBM)
- Bachelor in Hotel Management (BHM)
- Bachelor in Travel and Tourism Management (BTTM)
- Bachelor of Mountaineering Studies (BMS)
- Bachelor of Public Administration (BPA)
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance (BBA-F)
CMAT Examination is attempted by those students who want to pursue Bachelor's programs to get admitted in the TU and its affiliated and constituent campuses/colleges after the completion of the plus two (+2).
The entrance test consists of 100 marks in which you must attempt 100 objective questions. The total duration of the test is one and a half hours.
Eligibility Criteria for Central Management Admission Test (CMAT)
Candidates applying for the CMAT test must have the following eligibility criteria:
- You must have a minimum of C grade in all subjects of grade 11 and 12 or 1.8 CGPA (overall) or second division marks in 10+2.
- You can appear on the CMAT exam from any of the disciplines (Science, Management, Education, Humanities, and PCL) you chose from your plus two.
CMAT Exam Structure and Syllabus
CMAT is an aptitude and calibre test which is competitive to enrol in Tribhuvan University and its affiliated colleges. The test evaluates your ability in various sections like:
Verbal Ability (25%)
- Vocabulary (list of probable words); synonym and antonyms
- Suitable Prepositions
- Idioms and Phrases
- Passage and Questions
Quantitative Ability (25%)
- Ratios and Proportions
- Defined functions
- Set theory
- Fraction and Decimal
- Matrix and determinants
- Sequence and Series
- Unitary Method
- Indices (Law of Indices)
- Digits and Age
- Permutation and Combinations
- Simple and Compound interests, Profit and Loss
- Commission, Taxation, and VAT
- HCF and LCM
- Probability (Principle of counting)
- Quadratic Equation
- Log and Exponent
- Type of relations
- Odd one out
- Figures and Relations
- Arguments and Flowchart- Pure logic, Common sense logic, and Guest logic
- Current Affairs-business and economy, sports, politics
- Management theories
- Science and literature
- Interesting facts/current facts
Colleges offering free CMAT Preparation Class
Some of the colleges offer few CMAT classes to the students after the publication of the +2 results. Students can keep themselves updated with the websites of the colleges and social media pages of colleges to get information regarding the free CMAT preparation.
There are few colleges that are offering free CMAT classes to the students. Some of them are as given below:
- Modern Nepal College
- Xavier International College
- Campion College
- College of Business Management
Private Institutes that offer coaching classes for CMAT preparation in Kathmandu Valley
- Pathshala Education Network
- Edu Hub Education Foundation
- Intel Institute
- Rise Education foundation
- Sky bridge Academy (SBA)
- Nobel Education Foundation
- Big Education Foundation
Currently, Intel Institute, the premier Institute in Nepal for Bridge Course located at Bagbazar Kathmandu (Opposite To PK Campus) is announcing admission for online/physical entrance preparation for CMAT 2021 at Rs. 5000 including Fee, Books and Study Materials.
You can choose to attend the preparation classes like one of the above-mentioned institutes but some also choose to prepare the entrance test at home by themselves.
Some of the study guides for CMAT entrance preparation are:
- CMAT Entrance Test: A Study Guide by the authors Dr Thaneswor Gautam, Indra Kamal Khanal & Rajendra Adhikari and;
- A Highly Essential Entrance Preparation Book CMAT by Writer Hari Bahadur Baniya Chhetri (Faculty Member Shanker Dev Campus).
Admission Selection Procedure
Tribhuvan University, Faculty of Management holds the CMAT entrance test for admission in the TU and its affiliated institutions. The written test includes four sections;
- Quantitative Aptitude;
- Verbal Ability;
- Logical Reasoning and
- General Awareness.
Each category consists of 25 questions with a total of 100 marks. You must secure at least 40% to qualify for the examinations.
CMAT examination centre will be located in various colleges of the respective provinces of Nepal.
Shortlisted candidates are called for the interview and selected for admission to the respective colleges.
CMAT results will be published through the website https://www.fomecd.edu.np/ of the TU Faculty of Management. The website publishes the result of the CMAT on the basis of a merit list.
The merit list is prepared on the basis of course.
For BBA | BIM | BBM | BPA | BBA-F
- 60% of marks secured in the CMAT Entrance examination;
- 30% of marks secured in percentage in plus two or equivalent
- 10% Interview.
For BHM | BTTM |BMS
- 50% of marks secured in the CMAT Entrance examination;
- 30% of marks secured in percentage in plus two or equivalent;
- 10% Interview.
- 10% Group Discussion
Entrance Examination Fee
The entrance fee for CMAT is Rs. 1,000. You should deposit only Rs. 100 in the bank account of the concerned campus/colleges.
The remaining amount is Rs. 900 (only nine hundred) per student should be deposited to Tribhuvan University, Faculty of Management, Dean's Office, Nabil Bank Limited A/C No: 0045–001–000990660000001.
All the details regarding examination admission, CMAT examination schedule and centre and further notice regarding online application and admit card will be published on the FoM website and https://tudoms.org/.
Likewise, Kathmandu University also conducts the entrance examination, called KUUMAT (Kathmandu University Undergraduate Management Admission Test) to offer admission in undergraduate management programs of KU and its affiliated colleges.
After the result of Class 12 was published on the 3rd of December 2021 (last Friday), the faculty of Management TU has announced CMAT for management courses in the admission year 2021 (2078).
You can fill the online application for CMAT 2021 here.