Bachelor of Hotel Management is a 4-year course in Nepal offered by more than 50 colleges in Nepal. The primary purpose of a Bachelor of Hotel Management or Bachelor of Hospitality Management in Nepal is to prepare students for Nepal's hospitality, tourism and hotel industry and overseas.
Hotel Management and Hospitality Management graduates can find careers in travel and tourism, event management, lodging and accommodation, etc.
If you are considering studying Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM) in Nepal and want to learn about colleges offering this program then hotel management course fees in Nepal, we suggest you keep reading.
Bachelor of Hotel Management Eligibility Criteria in Nepal
Bachelor of Hotel Management applicants should meet the following criteria to study Bachelor of Hotel Management in Nepal in TU-affiliated colleges.
- Pass intermediate level or +2 from a recognized board with a minimum of 45% (with English as a compulsory subject). This BHM program is flexible and can be pursued by students of any stream (Science, Management, Humanities) as long as they meet the percentage requirement.
- Students need to appear in the CMAT entrance test conducted by TU and score atleast 40%.
Additionally, the applicants selected from this CMAT test should go through group discussions and personal interviews.
Students are finally selected for the BHM program based on the Merit List. The main contributors to this merit list are:
- CMAT Entrance examination (50% weightage)
- Marks secured in percentage in plus two or equivalent (30% weightage)
- Group Discussion (10% weightage)
- Interview (10% weightage)
These are the general eligibility criteria for TU-run Bachelor of Hotel programs. For other university-run programs, students also need to pass +2 with a minimum of 45% and pass a written entrance examination.
CMAT Entrance Examination
Students can take CMAT test preparation classes. Different institutes like Universal Teac and Motif Institute offer this entrance preparation for about 1-2 months.
The CMAT entrance examination consists of Math, English, and IQ sections. The CMAT preparation class teaches students about exam patterns, time management, tips and tricks, shortcut ideas etc.
List of Hotel Management Colleges in Nepal
Below mentioned is the list of Hotel Management Colleges in Nepal are:
- South Asian School of Tourism and Hotel Management, Biratnagar, Morgan
- Nepal College of Travel and Tourism Management (NCTTM), Gaushala, Kathmandu
- Nepal Academy of Tourism and Hotel Management (NATHM), Kalimati, Kathmandu
- National College of Computer Studies (NCCS), College of IT and Management, Paknajol, Kathmandu
- Morgan Engineering and Management College, Basundhara, Kathmandu
- Mid-Valley International College, Gyaneshwor, Kathmandu
- Medhavi College, Shankhamul, Kathmandu
- KFA Business School, New Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- ICHM – Lalitpur College, Shantinagar, Kathmandu
- Butwal Model College, Kataiya, Rupandehi
- Axis College, Sukkanagar, Butwal
- British College, Thapathali, Kathmandu
- Aayaam International College, Kumaripati, Lalitpur
- Balkumari College, Bharatpur, Chitwan
- Rajdhani Model College, Old Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- Platinum Management College, Dillibazaar, Kathmandu
- Kantipur International College, Buddhanagar, Kathmandu
- GoldenGate International College, Old Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- Ritz Hospitality Management College, Balkumari, Lalitpur
- Liberty College, Anamnagar, Kathmandu
- Himalayan Whitehouse International College: School of Management, New Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- Atharva Business College, Bansbari, Kathmandu
- Padmashree International College, Tinkune, Kathmandu
- Apollo International College (AIC)¸Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- Quest International College, Gwarko, Lalitpur
- AITM-School of Hotel Management, Khumaltar, Lalitpur
- Nesfield International College, Lagankhel, Lalitpur
- Gateway College of Professional Studies, Basundhara, Kathmandu
- NTP College, Mid Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- International School of Tourism and Hotel Management (IST College), Gyaneshwor, Kathmandu
In the list mentioned above are Bachelor of Hotel Management Colleges affiliated with Tribhuvan University, BHM Colleges affiliated with Purbanchal University and Bachelor of Hotel Management College affiliated with Pokhara University.
Bachelor of Hotel Management Fees in Nepal
The cost of a Bachelor of Hotel Management in Nepal differs for different colleges. Generally, this program costs between NPR 4 Lakhs to 8 Lakhs for 4 years of study.
Source: The British College official website (BSc Bachelor of Hospitality Management page)
Hotel Management Course in Nepal
The Bachelor of Hotel Management Course has 8 semesters. The Bachelor of Hotel Management syllabus for the TU run is discussed below.
First Year (First Semester)
- BHM 301: Food Production and Patisserie- I
- BHM 311: Food and Beverage Service –I
- BHM 321: House Keeping Operations
- ENG 311: English
- MGT 311: Principles of Management
First Year ( Second Semester)
- BHM 302: Food Production and Patisserie – II Credits: 3
- BHM 312: Food and Beverage Service Operation-II Credit: 3
- BHM 322: House Keeping Management Credits: 3
- BHM 324: Hotel Accounting Credits: 3
- ENG 203: Business Communication Credit Hours: 3
Second Year (Third Semester)
- Food Science and Nutrition
- Cost and Management Accountancy
- Food Production and Patisserie III
- Food and Beverage Service Operations III
- Front office operations
Second Year (Fourth Semester)
- Human Resources Management
- Financial Management
- Food Production Management
- Food and Beverage Management
- Front Office Management
Third Year (Fifth Semester)
- Hospitality Marketing and Sales
- Fundamental of Tourism
- Facility Planning and Management
- Management Information System
Third Year (Sixth Semester)
- Industrial Exposure (15 credits)
Fourth Year (7th Semester)
- Industrial Exposure
- Project Work
- Internship Report
Fourth Year (8th Semester)
- Legal Environment for Hospitality
- Organizational Behavior
- Strategic Management
- Entrepreneurship for Hospitality
- Nepalese Society and Politics
- Elective course
- Cultural Resource of Tourism in Nepal
- Quality Management
The Syllabus BHM programme of the British College is quite different. For the BHM programme awarded by Leeds Beckett University, the syllabus of the BSc (Hons) Hospitality Business Management (BHM) is:
Year 0 (Each subject is worth 15 credits)
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Academic English/ Study Skills||Management Information System|
|Fundamentals of Travel and Tourism Management||Hospitality Operations Management|
|Food Production and Patisserie||Food Science and Nutrition|
|Effective Communication Skills||Food and Beverage Service|
First Year (Each subject is worth 20 credits)
|Semester I||Semester II|
|The Hospitality Industry and Society||Hospitality Finance|
|Professional and Academic Skills for Hospitality||Organisation Behavior and Design|
|Hospitality Consumer Behavior||Responsible Hospitality Operations|
Second Year (Each subject is worth 20 credits)
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Marketing and Communications for Hospitality||Managing and Leading People|
|Responsible Human Resource Management and Development||Sustainable Business Decision Making|
|Delivering Hospitality Experiences||Applied Hospitality Research|
Third Year (Each subject is worth 20 credits)
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Individual Project||International Strategic HRM|
|Hospitality Business Strategy||Responsible Hospitality Businesses|
|Hospitality Entrepreneurship||Individual Project|
Scope of Hotel Management in Nepal
They can continue to study in Nepal for a Master of Hotel Management/ Master of Hospital Management or go abroad for job opportunities and education in countries like Canada, UK and Australia.
After completing of Bachelor of Hotel Management in Nepal, students can make career opportunities in areas such as
- Cafes, Restaurants and Hotels
- Resorts and lodges
- Health Center Catering
- Tourism companies
- Event Catering and Management
- Catering companies
- Fast food joints
Students can work as chefs, assistant hotel managers, housekeepers, managers of tourism agencies, resort owners and so on with a Bachelor of Hotel Management degree in Nepal. The entry-level salary in this field is NPR 15,000-30,000 per month.
Over time, the Bachelor of Hotel Management can climb the stairs of success and earn more than 50,000 monthly in Nepal.