Pokhara Institution (PoU) is the sixth university in Nepal and was founded in 1997 (2054 B.S.). The central office of Pokhara University is situated thirteen kilometer east of the heart of Pokhara city, Kaski District, Gandaki Province.
Pokhara University is a non-profit, independent institution that receives funding from the Nepal government and associated colleges and students.
Pokhara University follows the semester system. The university employs ongoing evaluation of a student's performance. It permits the student, subject to the control of credit requirements, to advance at a rate appropriate to their particular aptitude and convenience.
Fifty-seven academic institutions are connected to Pokhara University and provide programs leading to the degrees of Bachelor's, Master's, M.Phil., and Ph.D. Pokhara University, following the 1997 Pokhara University Act, started granting degrees. Pokhara University School of Business, School of Health and Allied Sciences, School of Engineering, and School of Development and Social Engineering are the four constituent campuses of Pokhara universities that provide bachelor's, master's, and Ph.D. degree programs.
Why Pokhara University?
- Outstanding Learning Opportunities: The university heavily emphasizes practical learning to assist students in getting ready for future careers. Alums are hence well-equipped and prepared to start their careers as competent professionals.
- Extracurriculars and scholarships: The university offers excellent student support. To keep active and social between classes, students can join a club, organizations, and sports teams on its campuses. To help students achieve their objectives, the university also offers peer mentoring counseling services to its students through professional advisers.
- Study Atmosphere: The university is a vibrant and innovative educational facility that strives to give its students the best possible education while adhering to firm standards and upholding an atmosphere of discipline. The university has high standards for each student's performance in the classroom, involvement in extracurricular activities, and accountability.
- Excellent Faculty: The academic staff at the school is strong, the administration is proactive and creative, the professors are highly motivated, and the students can use the talents of a committed group of academics.
Goals and Objectives:
- Through extension programs, develop students' potential and creativity while promoting humanity, compassion, reason, innovation, and the pursuit of the truth.
- In law, science, technology, management, liberal arts, and academic and vocational courses, develop skilled human resources.
- Through private higher education participation, scientists in basic and applied sciences can be prepared to be innovative and research-oriented.
- Produce excellent engineers, architects, and technical professionals with the skills and moral character to meet the challenges of the twenty-first century.
21 programs in Masters, 1 in Mphil, 25 in Bachelors and 1 in Post Graduate Diploma programs
Ranging from 3 - 45 lakhs for various programs
Pokhara University provides degrees in Bachelor's, Master's, M.Phil., and Ph.D. programs. So, considering the academic sessions in Nepal, its main intake is held in September.
Pokhara University awards scholarships to students from deserving, talented, rural areas, and marginalized groups.
Pokhara University constituent colleges have provided 20%, and affiliated colleges have delivered 5% scholarships to their students based on the total number of students enrolled in each session.
Students from both public and private colleges and universities can apply for financial aid and scholarships.
Based on applicants' qualifications, financial situation, examination results, and an interview, the PU Scholarship Selection Examination selects recipients for scholarships.
Admission procedure for Diploma programs:
Pokhara University has a yearly intake system, and applications for admission often become available after SLC/SEE results are released.
Students are required to select, apply and take the entrance examination, and successful candidates can get admitted to their desired institute under PoU.
Admission procedure for Bachelors programs:
Candidates for admission to Pokhara University's Bachelor's program must have completed 12 years of formal schooling or 10 + 2 or equivalent exams with a minimum of 40% overall or a 2 CGPA (not less than D+ in a Specific Subject).
Additionally, the candidate must fulfill the criteria for the particular degree set by the university and constituent or affiliated college.
Documents Required for Admission at Bachelors level:
- Transcript, individual mark sheet of 11th and 12th-grade.
- Character Certificate of SEE/SLC and 12th-grade.
- Provisional and Migration Certificate of 12th-grade.
Admission procedure for Masters's programs:
For admission to Pokhara University's Master's degree program candidate must have acquired a bachelor's degree from an accredited university recognized by Pokhara University (PoU).
Also, students must fulfill the criteria for the particular degree set by the university and constituent or affiliated college.
Documents Required for Admission at Masters level:
- Bachelor's Degree Transcript.
- Provisional/Degree/Convocation certificate for a bachelor's degree (Anyone).
- 10+2 and SLC/SEE grade sheet.
- Pp-sized Photographs.
Admission procedure for Ph.D. Degree programs:
Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy) is the highest degree or doctorate awarded in a particular subject at Pokhara University. Ph.D. course duration is 3 – 5 years.
For admission to Pokhara University's Ph.D. degree, a candidate must have a master's degree or an MPhil with a minimum aggregate score of 55%.
Where is Pokhara University?
Pokhara University's central campus is situated in Khudi-Dhungepatan, Pokhara Lekhnath Municipality, Kaski District, about 13 km east of Pokhara city.
How can I get into Pokhara University?
To get admission to Pokhara University, the candidate must pass a series of tests and meet the program's eligibility requirements.
Is Pokhara University (PoU) a government university?
Pokhara University (PoU) is a non-profit, independent institution that receives funding from the Nepali government and its associated colleges.