The best Bachelor of Pharmacy Colleges in Nepal have adopted teaching methods such as Lectures using an overhead projector, multimedia and boards, Individual and Group presentation, projects, Guided Group discussions, Reading Assignments-Independent Learning, Field studies, Analysis and Group presentation, Seminars, Individual Research etc.
With these implementations and technologies, The top B. Pharm colleges in Nepal aim to produce competent pharmacists who can work effectively fulfilling the pharmaceutical roles in the following:
- Community and hospital pharmacists
- Specialists in technology and research
- Managers of pharmaceutical services
- Specialists in various scientific aspects of pharmacy
B. Pharm is offered by colleges under Tribhuvan University, Pokhara University, Purbanchal University and Kathmandu University (KU).
Fee structure of bachelor in Pharmacy in Nepal
The cost of B. Pharm in Neal ranges from NPR 5 Lakhs to 8 Lakhs for the total course.
The cost of Bachelor of Pharmacy in Kathmandu University is NPR 5,80,000 for 4 years which is paid over 8 instalments for 8 semesters. For other universities as well, this cost ranges from NPR 5 lakhs to 8 lakhs for the full course.
Best B. Pharm Colleges in Nepal
Maharajgunj Medical Campus- Institute of Medicine (IOM)
Maharajgunj Medical Campus offers several bachelor programs related to health sciences like Bachelor in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology, Bachelor in Optometry, Bachelor of Public Health, BSc Medical Imaging Technology, Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor in Medical Laboratory Technology and Bachelor of Dental Surgery. This is a government Pharmacy college that also happens to be one of the best Pharmacy Colleges in Nepal.
Bachelor of Pharmacy was introduced at Maharajgunj campus under IOM in 2000 AD.
The eligibility criteria to study Bachelor of Pharmacy in TU: Students need to pass an intermediate level or equivalent board with a minimum of 50% and also pass the entrance examination.
Kathmandu University School of Sciences
Alongside offering a bachelor of pharmacy, Kathmandu University School of Sciences also offers masters in pharmacy (Industrial Pharmacy), Master in Pharmacy (Pharmaceutical Care), Master in Science by Research (Pharmaceutical Sciences) and PhD in Pharmacy via Department of Pharmacy. The School of Science, KU is located at Dhulikhel.
The pass outs of Kathamandu University School of Sciences have gotten scholarships, fellowships and assistantships programs from several popular universities throughout the world.
The B. Pharm programme of KU offers these main features:
- Separate block with highly qualified members.
- Well-equipped labs with sophisticated instruments like HPLC, GC, FTIR, state of the art dissolution, tablet punching machine and many more.
- Emphasis on practical exposure.
- Compulsory internship provision
Universal College of Medical Sciences
Universal College of Medical Sciences has 40 seats for Bachelor of Pharmacy in affiliation to Tribhuvan University. There are 3 seats for scholarships BSc Pharmacy in UCMS.
- Located at: Bhairahawa, Bhairahawa
- Similar Offered Programs: BSc Medical Imaging Technolgy, BSc Nursing, Bachelor of Public Health (BPH), Bachelor of Nursing Science, Bachelor of Dental Surgery
Manmohan Memorial Institute of Health Sciences
Manmohan Memorial Institute of Health Sciences offers Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharmacy ) is a 4-year annual system program under the faculty of Medical allied Science aiming to produce an internationally competent pharmaceutical workforce.
For admission, applicants Must have completed Intermediate in Science (I.Sc.)or +2 in science or equivalent having 50%marks in aggregate and entrance examination of IOM.
- Total seats: 30
- Located at: Soltemode Kathmandu, Nepal
- Similar Offered Programs: Bachelor of Nursing Science- 40 seats, Bachelor of Science in Nursing(BSc.Nursing)- 40 seats, Bachelor of Public Health (BPH)- 30 seats,
- College website:https://www.mmihs.edu.np/Courses.php
Purbanchal University School of Medical and Allied Health Sciences
It is a constituent institution of Purbanchal University which offers 30 seats for Bachelor of Pharmacy applicants each year. This institution started offering the B. Pharm program in 2007. Additionally, it also offers a Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm) program.
- Located at: Gothgaun
- Similar Offered Programs: BSc Nursing, Bachelor of Public Health, Master of Public Health, M Pharm in Clinical Pharmacy
- College website: https://pufomas.edu.np/
Nobel College offers a 4 year, 8 semester Bachelor of Pharmacy program in affiliation with Pokhara University.
The entry requirement for a new student into B. Pharm will be Intermediate in Science (I. Sc.), Higher Secondary Level (10 + 2, Science Stream) or Proficiency Certificate Level (PCL, Science) with more than 50% marks or the equivalent as recognized by Pokhara University. Besides the basic academic requirement, an entrance examination will be held for all applicants.
- Established in: 2001 AD
- Located at: Sinamangal, Kathmandu
- Similar Offered Programs: Diploma in Pharmacy (D. Pharm), B.Sc. Medical Lab Technology (BMLT), B.Sc. Medical Biochemistry, Bachelor in Health Care Management (BHCM).
- College website: nobelcollege.edu.np
Chitwan Medical College
Chitwan Medical College is a private college B. Pharm College affiliated to TU. CMC offers this program by the School of Medicine faculty under Basic Science.
It offers 40 seats each year for applicants. Students need to be eligible for this program as per the demand of TU.
- Established in: 2006
- Located at: Bharatpur, Chitwan
- Similar Offered Programs: MN Adult Nursing, Master in Public Health, Certificate in Medical Laboratory Technolgy, Diploma in Pharmacy (CTEVT), Certificate in Dental Science, Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology, BSc Medical Imaging Technology, Bachelor of Public Health (BPH)
- College website: www.cmc.edu.np
Jana Maitri Foundation Institute of Health Sciences
Jana Maitri Foundation Institute of Health Sciences is a private TU affiliated college that offers this program.
- Established in:
- Located at: Balaju, Kathmandu
- Similar Offered Programs: Bachelor of Nursing Science, Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology
- College website: nacol.edu.np
National Model College of Advanced Learning
National Model College of Advanced Learning started offering 4 years Bachelor of pharmacy program under the affiliation of IOM, Tribhuvan University. This college offering B. Pharm program since 2007.
Students need to appear on the entrance exam conducted by IOM Entrance Examination Committee. It’s generally conducted at the month of Shrawan-Bhadra and MCQs questions of 80 marks basic science (Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology) and 20 marks (Health and Pharmacy) will be asked.
National Model College of Advanced Learning also offers Bachelor of Pharmacy Scholarships to eligible students.
For instance, students who have secured the highest mark in the undergraduate examination receive scholarships, partial scholarships to students who have scored above 80% in the end semester examination, and special discounts to NIST Education Network students.
Details of NMCAL:
- Located at: Khusibu, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Similar Offered Programs:
- College website: nacol.edu.np
Asian College of Advance Studies (ACAS)
Asian College of Advance Studies offers B Pharmacy Program in affiliation with Purbanchal University. It offers 30 seats each year for applicants. Besides B Pharm Program, this college also offers a diploma in Pharmacy program via CTEVT for 40 students each year.
ACAS strives to achieve the highest scientific and ethical standards in health science embracing multi-dimensions of modern technologies in the health sector.
- Established in: 2005 AD
- Located at: Satdobato, Lalitpur
- Similar Offered Programs: Bachelor of Public Health (BPH), Post Bachelor of Nursing, BSc Nursing, Diploma in Pharmacy.
- College website: https://acas.edu.np
Check out this course guide on Bachelor of Pharmacy in Nepal, if want to know about list of pharmacy college in Nepal and more.