Fashion designing courses have become a hit in the world and Nepal is no exception. This course, though new, is being increasingly popular amongst Nepalese Students.
The fashion design colleges in Nepal helps thousands of students to gain technical and vocational knowledge required in the fashion and clothing industry every year.
These Best Fashion Designing Colleges in Nepal provide the best theoretical and practical education in fashion, Textile and Interior Design. The fashion designing graduates can build careers as fashion designers, fashion stylists, fashion illustrators, custom designers, fashion instructors, fashion merchandisers etc. They can earn from NPR 15,000 to more than NPR 50,000 per month.
Below mentioned are some top fashion designing colleges in Nepal
Namuna College of Fashion Technology
- Namuna College of Fashion Technology (NCFT) is Nepal’s first Fashion College and one of the best fashion designing colleges in Nepal.
- It offers a Bachelor of Fashion course in affiliation with Purbanchal University.
- Namuna College of Fashion Technology started offering a Bachelor of Fashion Design and Management (BFDM) course in 2016.
- Students are provided with admission to the BFDM program after evaluating the academic performance, entrance exam and personal interview.
- This college also offers other diploma and crash courses related to fashion like:
- Fashion Design and Illustration general course- 3 months
- Designing courses (basic level, certificate level and diploma level)
- Specialization courses in Clothing and Construction
- Advanced Courses in Clothing Construction
IEC College of Art and Fashion
- IEC College of Art and Fashion was established in 1997.
- This fashion college is affiliated with the Limkokwing University of Creative Technology which is a private international University.
- IEC College has 2 main campuses. One in the fashion design is located at Mandikatar, Kathmandu and the other Interior wind locator near Miteripul, Kathmandu.
- IEC offers internships and placements to the students.
- IEC College of Art and Fashion also offers scholarships to students based on their entrance.
- You can reach this college by clicking here.
- It offers two programs:
- BA (Hons) in Fashion & Retailing- 3 years
- BA in Interiors Architecture-3 years
Kantipur International College
- Kantipur International College was established in 2000 AD.
- It offers a Bachelor of Interior Design (BID) in affiliation with Purbanchal University.
- Kantipur International College offers 48 seats for the BID (3 years).
- To study Bachelor of Interior Design at Kantipur College, students need to pass +2 (in any stream) with a minimum of 45%.
- Other than the BID program, Kantipur International College also offers engineering courses, management courses and hospitality courses.
Gorgeous Institute of Fashion Technology (GIFT)
- GIFT was established in 2011.
- It is a fashion design school that offers diplomas and certification on several length fashion courses.
International Institute of Fashion Technology (IIFT)
- IIFT is located at Bagbazar, Kathmandu
- It is a private institution that offers diploma/ advanced diploma in Applied Fashion Designing.
- The International Institute of Fashion Technology is associated with many television shows, music videos and reality shows. As a result, the students studying IIFT get the opportunity to work in a real environment and have their products tested.
- Know more about IIFT.