Bachelor of Tourism and Hospitality Management in Canada: Top Universities & College, Fees, Eligibility, Scholarships, Jobs
Canada has a robust economy that provides great opportunities for students along with diverse job prospects.
If you are thinking of studying for a bachelor of tourism and hospitality management from Canada then, it is a very smart choice. The universities of Canada provide practical knowledge integrated with the sophisticated overall development scope of the students.
For any international student, there are plenty of top universities in Canada for pursuing a bachelor of tourism and hospitality management. After our intense research, we have found all the required details that you need to know before choosing to study for a bachelor's degree in Canada in tourism and hospitality management. So let's begin!
Why study in Canada for a Bachelor of Tourism and Hospitality Management?
Canada is a developed country, and its hospitality and tourism industry is growing exponentially. This offers the students a wide range of job profiles and a great career path ahead. Let's discuss a few reasons that make Canada an ideal country for studying bachelors in tourism and hospitality.
● The salary in the tourism and hospitality industry of Canada is impressive. An assistant hotel manager receives approx CAD 58,240 to CAD 1,24,800 in Canada.
● In a survey of UNWTO, it is said that the tourism industry will increase by 1.8 billion arrivals by 2030 which means significant growth in the tourism and hospitality industry of Canada also.
● In Canada, the labour shortage in the tourism industry may arise by 2030 with 240,000 vacant posts, which means less competition and higher opportunities for students studying tourism and hospitality management in Canada.
● The average starting package of a hospitality manager in Canada is around CAD 44,964 which provides a good early starting for students.
Best Universities in Canada to study Bachelor in Tourism and Hospitality Management
Various top universities in Canada offer Bachelor in tourism and hospitality management. The universities in Canada provide remarkable practical knowledge along with real-time exposure to the students for a better learning experience. The students get a chance to enjoy a good academic life, while simultaneously preparing for a brighter career. Here are a few top-listed colleges and universities in Canada which offer bachelors in tourism and hospitality management:
- Humber Colleges
- University of Waterloo
- Toronto School of Management
- Royal Roads University
- Thompson Rivers University
- Cape Breton University
Required eligibility and fees for bachelor in Tourism and hospitality management courses
For studying bachelor in tourism and hospitality management, international students need to fulfil certain requirements. The criteria of eligibility may differ depending upon the institution. Let's discuss the eligibility criteria required for the best universities in Canada.
● University of Waterloo
To get admission here, the students must have scored a minimum of 70% marks [specifically in English subject] and 80% score in the round-off subjects. The 4-year course has $35200 fees per year.
● Humber College
If an international student wants to study bachelor of tourism and hospitality management at Humber college then, they need to score 60% in Maths and 65% in English subject in 12th standard [these are the minimum marks]. The overall score should be 65% of the students in the 12th standard. The bachelor of tourism and hospitality management at Humber College is an 8-semester program with a $9245 fee per semester.
● Toronto School of Management
The students need to score 65% marks minimum in the 12th standard to take admission to the Toronto School of Management. They proffer diploma courses which cost around $20,000.
● Royal Roads University
The students need to score a minimum of 3.5 GPA in 12th standard to get accepted here. The bachelor of tourism and hospitality management is a 4-year course here. The average fee of the course is around $23,040 per semester.
● Thompson Rivers University
It is considered one of the best institutes to study hospitality management in Canada. The student needs to score at least 75% marks in subjects English and Maths, in 12th standard, respectively. Simultaneously, the student needs to score 75% marks in the overall 12th standard. The student also needs to have basic knowledge of computers including Excel, PowerPoint, and word. The fee is around $8500 per semester for the 4-year course.
● Cape Breton University
The student needs to score a minimum of 65% in the 12th standard to get admitted to Cape Breton University. The bachelor of tourism and hospitality management at Cape Breton University is a 3 years course here which costs $17809 per semester.
English Proficiency Level
International students need to have a good knowledge of English. Applicants from non-English speaking nations will have to appear for IELTS or TOEFL. Acceptable scores according to different colleges are:
- Humber Colleges: IELTS score: 6.5, TOEFL score:84
- University of Waterloo: IELTS score:6.5, TOEFL score: 90 [in this 25 must be in writing and 25 in speaking]
- Toronto School of Management: IELTS score: 5.5, TOEFL score: 100
- Royal Roads University: IELTS score: 6, TOEFL score:80
- Cape Breton University: IELTS score: 6.5, TOEFL: 80
The study of bachelor's in tourism and hospitality management in Canada provides a good ROI. The economy of Canada is flourishing which provides great opportunities for students to build their careers. After completing your studies from Canada’s reputed universities students can easily find good job prospects for themselves. The students get the starting package of around CAD 60,000. After studying for a bachelor in tourism and hospitality management Canada, you opt for various job profiles like:
● Tourism Development Manager
● Hospitality Entrepreneur
● Event and meeting manager
● Hospitality operation manager
● Event coordinator
● Public relation manager
● Leadership developer
Work permit for international students
International students can work while studying in Canada to support their finances as well as to gain more experience. For this international students require to have a work permit. It is sanctioned by mentioning in your study permit that you are allowed to work simultaneously. Students won't be able to begin working without their study program begins. The work permit can be categorized as:
· For working on-campus or off-campus
· For working as a co-op student or intern
Additional requirements for admission
International students need to submit proper documents to get admission to the best universities in Canada. these include:
● Previous school mark sheet and certificates [soft copy or original]
● English proficiency test- IELTS and TOEFL
● Statement of Purpose
● Writing samples
Scholarships for international students in Canada
There are various scholarships for international students in Canada to support their finances and studies. Various universities of Canada also provide flexibility for students to study and do part-time jobs. Some of the best scholarships for international students in Canada are:
● Vanier Graduate Scholarship
● Ontario Graduate Scholarships
● UCW Second Language Excellence Scholarship
● Canada Memorial Scholarship
● Anne Vallee Ecological Fund