Master of Human Resource Management in UK equips students with knowledge of leadership, management, organizational behaviour, employment law, teamwork, human resource management, and maintenance, etc.
The Master in Human Resource Management (HRM) degree is 1 to 2 years long and is offered by the best UK universities such as the Univerity of Edinburgh and the University of Southampton. MSc in Human Resource Management has huge scope in UK since it teaches the students to motivate company as well as company staff to achieve their goals.
After completing Master of Human Resouce Management in UK, the international students will get 1 to 2 years to a post-study work permit to pursue their dream in UK.
Takeaways of master of Human Resource Management in UK
- Which UK universities offer a master of HRM?
- How can you get a Master of Human Resource Management degree in the UK?
- What is the cost of studying for a Master of HRM in the UK for international students?
- What are the required criteria to study Master of Human Resource Management in UK?
- What is the Master of Human Resource Management salary in UK?
Why study Master of Human Resource Management in UK?
- UK universities offer a variety of Master of Human Resource Management programs of different durations. Some of the UK universities also offer placements to HRM aspirants.
- After completing a Master of Human Resource Management in UK, students can pursue a career in other leading countries of the world like USA, Canada, etc.
- Human Resource Management sector is exponentially rising in UK.
- UK has a very low rate of unemployability among the Master of HRM graduates.
Top Universities to study Master of Human Resource Management in UK
In the table below, some of the top UK universities which offer HRM programs are listed according to the QS Ranking 2021.
|Ranking in UK||Global Ranking||Master of HRM Universities in UK|
|1||6||University of Edinburgh|
|2||15||University of Southampton|
|5||20||University of Sussex|
|7||30||University of Bath|
|8||35||University of Surrey|
|10||38||University of Stirling|
|11||49||University of Strathclyde|
|12||61||University of Lincoln|
|13||61||University of Portsmouth|
Table 1: Top Master of HRM Universities in UK
Eligibility criteria to study Master of Human Resource Management in UK
What is the English Requirement to study Master of HRM in UK?
International students from non-English speaking nations need to appear on IELTS or other English proficiency tests like TOEFL. Before giving up these tests, you need to ensure that the university you are planning for accepts the test that you want to give.
The top HRM universities demand an IELTS score of 7 with no band less than 6. Nevertheless, there are universities that accept offers of IELTS 6.5 with no band less than 5.5 as well.
Academic requirement for Master of HRM in UK
International students need to pass a bachelor’s or an equivalent UK honours degree in a relevant field to study master of Human Resource Management in the UK.
Many universities also accept bachelor’s degrees in any field as long as students have some experience or put forwards some proof of their eligibility to get the HRM program in UK.
Some Universities requirements for Master of Human Resource Management in UK
- University of Edinburgh
- Master of HRM Program: Master’s in International Human Resource Management
- Course duration: 2 years
- IELTS/ TOEFL requirement: 7 with minimum 6 in each section/ 100 with at least 20 in each section.
- Academic Requirement: Pass Bachelor’s degree with at least 1st class degree
- Annual tuition fees for Master of HRM in the UK: £15,400 for domestic students and £25,100 for international students
- University of Southhampton
- Master of HRM Program: MSc in Human Resource Management
- Course duration: 1 year
- IELTS/ TOEFL Requirement: 7 with a minimum 6 in each section/ Equivalent TOEFL and PTE score is also accepted
- Academic Requirement: Pass Bachelor’s degree in subjects like business administration, communication, economics, education, government, and political sciences, linguistics, and sociology.
- Annual tuition fees for Master of HRM in the UK: £13,660for domestic students and £24,060 for international students
- Coventry University
- Master of HRM Program: Human Resource Management MA
- Course duration: 1 year
- IELTS/ TOEFL Requirement: 6.5 with a minimum 5.5 in each section and equivalent score in other tests
- Academic Requirement: Students need to pass bachelor degrees with a minimum of 50% in a relevant field. If the educational background is not the same, students need to appear in the interview with the program management team.
- Annual tuition fees for Master of HRM in the UK: £14,250 for domestic students and £17,900 for international students
- University of Lincoln
- Master of HRM Program: MSc Human Resource Management
- Course duration: 1 year
- IELTS/ TOEFL Requirement: 6 with a minimum of 5.5 in each section
- Academic Requirement: Pass bachelors degree with a minimum of 50%
- Annual tuition fees for Master of HRM in UK: £8,800 for domestic students and £15,900 for international students.
- University of Surrey
- Master of HRM Program: MSC Human Resource Managemen
- Course duration: 2 years with placements
- IELTS/ TOEFL Requirement: 7 with minimum 6.5 in each section/ 100 with at least 20 in each section.
- Academic Requirement: Students need to get at least a 2:2 UK honours degree (or international equivalent) in either Business Administration, Economics, Human Resource Management, Law, or Psychology. Other than that. candidates with a degree in another subject plus at least one year of relevant work experience will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Annual tuition fees for Master of HRM in the UK: £13,100 for domestic students and £20,200 for international students
Tuition fees of Master of HRM in UK
The Master of Human Resource Management fee in UK for international students ranges from GBP 16,000 to GBP 30,000 per year. For domestic students, the fees lie between GBP 8,000 to GBP 20,000 per year.
Master of Human Resource Management Scholarships for international students in UK
Some scholarships in the UK help international students with their tuition fees.
- University of Newcastle Vice Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarship
- Sussex Chancellor's International & EU Business School Scholarship
- Durham University Masters International Scholarship
- RHBNC Trust Scholarship
- Chevening Scholarships
- University of Newcastle Vice Chancellor’s International Scholarship
Application requirement for Master of Human Resource Management in UK
To apply for Master of Human Resource Management (HRM) in Canada, you will need the following:
- Bachelor’s degree transcripts, character certificate, and provisional certificate
- Intermediate Level Transcripts, character certificate, and provisional certificate
- Statement of Purpose
- Application fees of the universities
- Letter of Recommendation (LORs) if asked
- Proof of scholarships of any
- English Proficiency Test results
- Experience letter in case of Gap
Scope of Master of Human Resource Management in UK
After completing a Master of Human Resource Management in UK, you can pursue a career in the relevant field in UK or return back to your country and do the same.
These are some of the basic jobs that HRM professionals can be involved in.
- HR practitioner
- Management Consultant
- Human Resource Managers
The salary of Human Resource Management degree holders could be much less or higher than this depending on their experience, skills, companies etc.
|Master of Human Resource Management jobs in UK||The average salary in pounds per year|
|Employee Communication Manager||84,400|
|Employee Relations Manager||83,100|
|Labor Relations Director||90,700|
|Learning & Development Manager||101,000|
Table 2: Master of Human Resource Management Salary in UK
The application of HRM professionals extends to an IT company, finance company, health care setting, school, universities, colleges, magazines, media houses, consulting companies, etc.