Bachelor of Music in Canada covers a wide range of topics from Western Art Music (Medieval, Renaissance, Classical, Jazz Pop and Rock, Romantic etc.) to music and culture.
In this blog, we are going to discuss the music courses in Canada for international students.
Some Bachelor of Music program in Canada also comes with a paid co-op of 3 to 6 months. During this placement, you will be working as a Music instructor, teaching assistant, business improvement analyst, music director assistant and so on.
The Co-op in Canada will help international students be familiar with the Canadian workplace environment and also help in getting a
Employers for the universities offering paid Co-op programs include:
- Toronto District School Board
- Nature Conservancy of Canada
- BMW Group Canada
- Music classes
If you want to know more about the future prospects of a bachelor of music in Canada, requirements to study Bachelor of Music in Canada, keep reading!
- Who can study BA in Music in Canada
- Where can I study Music in Canada?
- How much does it cost to study Bachelor of Music in Canada?
- What can you do with a Bachelor of Music in Canada?
- Which universities offer a Bachelor of Music in Canada?
- Is there a diploma program for Music in Canada?
Why Study Bachelor of Music in Canada?
- In Canada, you will be studying and learning with a department of respected music scholars in a closed and small class setting. This will help you use critical tools of music and a kaleidoscope of other skills that will both enhance your life and your career.
- The Bachelor of Music in Canada comes with paid work experience opportunities, dual degrees and a number of specializations.
- Canada has given birth to a number to pop legends and music stars. It has tremendous scope and opportunities.
- Plenty of Canadian Universities such as the University of Toronto, University of British Columbia offer a Bachelor of Music in Canada.
Top Universities to study Bachelor of Music in Canada?
These are the top universities for Bachelor of Music in Canada. The programs offered by these universities are 4 to 5 years long.
- University of Toronto
- University of British Columbia
- University of Waterloo
- York University
- McGill University
- University of Windsor
- University of Victoria
- Dalhousie University
- University of Ottawa
- McMaster University
What you will learn as a part of the Bachelor of Music Curriculum in Canada?
- Introduction to Music Technology
- Diatonic Harmony
- Major Instrument or Voice
- Music management and direction
Bachelor of Music Courses in Canada for international students
- Bachelor of Arts in Music
- Bachelor of Music (General Studies) and Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Music and a Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Music and Master of Management
- Concurrent Bachelor of Music (BMus) and Bachelor of Education (BEd) Music Performance
- BA in Music
- Bachelor of Music and Bachelor of Business Administration
- Jazz Studies (BFA)
- Bachelor of Music (BMUS)- Arts Administration Profile
- Diploma in Music Business Administration
- Diploma in Recording Engineering- Music Production
- Advanced Diploma in Music
- BA iN Productive Music Studies
- Advanced Diploma in Music Business Management
Bachelor of Music fees in Canada
The fees for Bachelor of Music in Canada range from CAD 8,000 to cad 45,000 for international students and CAD 3,000 to CAD 16,000 for domestic students.
Canada University admission requirements sample for Bachelor of Music
Students need to meet the admission requirements of the university they are aiming for to study Bachelor of Music in Canada. Generally, the English language requirement is for students from English non-speaking countries.
The IELTS Requirement to study Bachelor of Music is a minimum of 6.5 with no band less than 6. The equivalent score in TOEFL, PTE and Duolingo is also accepted. Talking about academics, students are supposed to bring a minimum of 70% (which might be more in some universities).
- Bachelor of Music Course: Music (BA)
- Course Duration: 4 years
- IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE score: A minimum of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0/ A minimum of 86 with at least 22 in writing and speaking and 20 in reading and listening/ 60 with at least 60 in each communication skill.
- Academic Requirement: Students should pass the intermediate level with a minimum of 70%. If students have a bachelors degree already, it should be in Arts.
- Annual tuition fees: CAD 22,000 to CAD 34,500 for international students
University of Waterloo
- Course Duration: 4 year Bachelor of Music
- IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE score: A minimum of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0 or equivalent.
- Academic Requirement: Students need to pass grade 12 (English) with a minimum of 70%. The admission average is the lower 80s.
- Annual tuition fees: CAD 24,000 to CAD 38,000 for international students
University oF Calgary
- Course Duration: 4 years (Bachelor of Music)
- IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE score: A minimum of 6.5 in IELTS/ 86 in TOEFL and 60 in PTE.
- Academic Requirement: Hold a High School degree in English with a minimum of B grade. Equivalent baccalaureate degrees are also accepted.
- Annual tuition fees: CAD 19,000 to CAD 32,000 for international students.
University of Prince Edward Island
- Courses: Bachelor of Music/ Bachelor of Music Education/ Bachelor of Arts with a Major in Music
- IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE score: A minimum of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0 and equivalent score in TOEFL or other tests.
- Academic Requirement: Successful completion of grade 12 examinations with an overall average of 70% with subjects such as English, Social Studies or Language and 3 other academic courses. Grade 12 in math is recommended.
- Annual tuition fees: CAD 6,390 for domestic students and CAD 13,860 for international students.
Bachelor of Music Scholarships in Canada
These are some of the best scholarships offer by Canadian universities such as the University of Regina, Carleton University, Lakehead University, University of Alberta etcetera for Music aspirants.
- Prestige scholarships (for students with 90% or more in high school )
- Entrance Scholarships (for students with 80% or more)
- Whitmore Griffin Award in Music
- Alberta Baroque Music Society Scholarship in Music
- Abbondanza Fine Arts Scholarships
- Alice Mary Goodfellow Scholarship
- Amanda Bishop Memorial Scholarships
- Arts Graduate Scholarships
- BC Arts Council Scholarships
- Barbara Clark Scholarships.
While some of these scholarships for Bachelor in Canada are offered by all universities, almost every scholarship is limited to a fixed university or college.
- Official transcripts of intermediate level with character and provisional certificate
- Class 10th character and mark sheet
- Statement of Purpose
- Application fees
- Letter of Recommendations if asked.
- Proof of Scholarships if any.
- English Language Proficiency test.
Scope of Bachelor of Music in Canada
The Music graduates from Canada have been seen working in the music industry, teaching and marketing. These are some of the potential career options that a Music degree creates for international students and domestic students. Depending upon the job, level of care, state, etc, the Bachelor of Music Salary in Canada can be from CAD 30,000 to CAD 300,000 per year and more.
- Concert Promoter
- Exhibit Designer
- Film Researcher/Consultant
- Instrument Maker/Designer
- Marketing Director
- Media Correspondent
- Music Industry Journalist
- Music Industry Agent
- Music Therapist
- Non-profit Administrator
- Orchestra Director
- Performing Artist
- Radio Host
- Recording Artist
- Recording Engineer
- Sound Specialist
- Special Events Organizer
- Stage Crew Manager
- Stage Designer
- Talent Scout
- Theatre Administrator
- Vocal Coach