Australia offers a vast range of engineering courses such as civil, electronics, telecommunications, chemical, computer, mechatronics, materials, agricultural, marine, mining, petroleum, geological, industrial, aerospace, and environmental or biomedical engineering.
This is one of the reasons Bachelor of Engineering in Australia has become utterly famous over the years. Almost every top public universities in Australia offer a bachelor of engineering degree to international students.
It has plenty of job opportunities for international students. Engineering is also one of the highest-paid professions in Australia. Once students feel like they want to broaden their knowledge, there are other masters and graduate programs in the engineering fields that they can pursue.
Takeaways of Bachelor of Engineering in Australia
- Best engineering universities in Australia
- What are the bachelor engineering specializations found in Australia?
- What is the cost of studying for a bachelor of engineering in Australia?
- What are the admission requirements to study Bachelor of Engineering in Australia?
- How is the scope of a Bachelor of Engineering in Australia?
Why study Bachelor of Engineering in Australia
- There are a number of programs and specializations available for bachelor of Engineering in Australia like electronics, electrical, civil, Mechanical, Mechatronics, computer science, etc.
- There are excellent employment prospects in Australis for engineering aspirants.
- The recent engineering graduates are likely to make AUD 70,000 per year.
- After completing the bachelor of engineering program in Australia, there are other programs like Engineering Professional Year Program which will provide students with skills to get a job. Furthermore, the Professional Year Program (PYP) in Engineering also acts as a bridge between education in Australia and the workplace.
- The bachelor of engineering degree in Australia is accredited overseas in countries such as the USA, UK, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, etc.
Top universities for Bachelor of Engineering in Australia
Engineering is one of the most sought-after degrees in Australia. This degree is provided by almost every public and private university in Australia.
- University of New South Wales
- University of Adelaide
- University of Technology Sydney
- University of Sydney
- RMIT University
- University of Queensland Australia
- Monash University
- Curtin University
- University of Wollongong
- Australian National University
- Swinburne University of Technology
- University of Melbourne
- University of Western Australia
- University of Newcastle
- Griffith University
- Queensland University of Technology
- Victoria University
- Deakin University
Eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Engineering in Australia
Students need to give an English proficiency test and prove their English eligibility for the engineering program if they are from non-English speaking countries. The average IELTS Requirement to study Bachelor of Engineering in Australia is 6.5.
The student could also bring equivalent scores in other English proficiency tests like TOEFL and PTE. Be sure to look for the English requirement for the international student section before you apply for a university and check your eligibility.
Students need to pass a Bachelor degree in Science with a minimum of 55% to study bachelor of engineering in Australia.
Popular Bachelor of Engineering disciplines in Australia
There are many Bachelor of Engineering programs available in Australia. These programs cover a wide range of fields related to designs and communication.
- Aerospace Engineering
- Bioinformatics Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Product Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Photovoltaics & Solar Energy
- Quantum Engineering
- Renewable Energy Engineering
- Software Engineering
Bachelor of Engineering courses in Australia
Below are some popular bachelor courses provided by Australian universities. These are just some of the many engineering courses available by Australian Universities.
|Bachelor of Engineering Programs||University offering the program||Location||Eligibility|
|Bachelor of Science in Environmental Engineering Systems||The University of Melbourne||Melbourne, Australia|
|BEng in Computer Systems Engineering||Curtin University||Perth, Australia|
|Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Civil Engineering||Victoria University||Melbourne, Australia|
|Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Mechanical Engineering||Victoria University||Melbourne, Australia|
|Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Architectural Engineering||Victoria University||Melbourne, Australia|
|Bachelor of Science in Engineering Science||The University of Western Australia||Perth, Australia|
|Bachelor of Philosophy (Hons) in Engineering Science||The University of Western Australia||Perth, Australia|
|Bachelor of Construction Project Management||University of Technology, Sydney||Ultimo, Australia||IELTS: 6.5|
|Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Electrical Engineering||University of Technology, Sydney||Ultimo, Australia|
|Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Biomedical Engineering||University of Technology, Sydney||Ultimo, Australia|
|Bachelor of Design in Architecture||University of Technology, Sydney||Ultimo, Australia|
|Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Bachelor of Arts in International Studies||University of Technology, Sydney||Ultimo, Australia||IELTS: 6.5|
|Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Data Engineering||University of Technology, Sydney||Ultimo, Australia||IELTS: 6.5|
|Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering||University of Technology, Sydney||Ultimo, Australia||IELTS: 6.5|
|Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Electronic Engineering||University of Technology, Sydney||Ultimo, Australia||IELTS: 6.5|
Application Requirement for Bachelor of Engineering in Australia
- Intermediate Level transcript, character certificate, and provisional certificate
- Letter of Recommendations if asked (rarely asked)
- English Proficiency test
- Application fees of universities
- Proof of scholarships if any.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
These are just the requirements to apply for the bachelor of engineering in Australia. For the visa process, you need visa fees, proof of funds, proof of university funds being paid, valid English language tests result, Statement of Purpose (SOP), etc.
Bachelor of Engineering fees in Australia
There are many faculties of engineering in Australia. The fees of these Engineering courses differ from program to program.
The table below summarizes the tuition fees in Australia for the bachelor of Engineering program for national and international students.
|Bachelor of Engineering Universities in Australia||Annual tuition fees in AUD for international students|
|University of New South Wales||AUD 45,000 to AUD 55,000|
|University of Technology, Sydney||AUD 60,000 to AUD 70,000|
|Federation University||AUD 25,000 to AUD 35,000|
|University of Wollongong||AUD 40,000 to AUD 50,000|
|University of Sydney||AUD 50,000 to AUD 60,000|
|University of Melbourne||AUD 50,000 to AUD 70,000|
|University of Queensland||AUD 35,000 to AUD 50,000|
|Monash University||AUD 42,000 to AUD 52,000|
Bachelor of Engineering Scholarships in Australia
Australian universities offer many partial and complete scholarships to students for Bachelor of Engineering. International students are eligible for many scholarships. Some are listed below.
- AINSE Honours Scholarships
- ANU Learning for Life Scholarships
- International Student Academic Merit Scholarship at Griffith University
- Monash University- K.C Kuok Scholarships in Australia
- VU International VCE Scholarship
- Swinburne International Excellence Scholarship
- College of Engineering and Computer Science and International International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship
- Adelaide International Undergraduate Scholarships
- Engineering International Undergraduate Excellence Scholarships
- Future Leader Scholarships
Scope of Bachelor of Engineering in Australia
There is a blooming career opportunity in Australia after the completion of the bachelor of engineering degree. This degree helps students get a 2 to a 3-year work permit. Other than that, Australia also offers Engineering professional year program to help the engineering students get familiar with the Australian workplace.
Professional Year Program in Engineering is one such program that helps international students get some valuable experience in the engineering field in Australia via guaranteed internship programs.
There is a rough estimation of the average salary earned by professionals after completing a bachelor of engineering in Australia.
|Australian job prospects||Average Salary per year in AUD|
|Software engineer||AUD 100,000|
|Mechanical Engineer||AUD 80,000|
|Construction Manager||AUD 90,000|
|Electrical Engineer||AUD 94,500|
|Mechatronics Engineer||AUD 84,500|
|Environment Engineer||AUD 83,600|