About Western Sydney University
Western Sydney University, previously known as the University of Western Sydney, is an Australian multi-campus university in the Greater Western region of Sydney, Australia.
Western Sydney University was first introduced in 1989 as a federated network university with an amalgamation between the Nepean College of Advanced Education and the Hawkesbury Agricultural College.
The university offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs in various lucrative fields such as law, medicine, social sciences, psychology, humanities, and business. Western Sydney University is a closely-knit community of diverse cultures and ethnicities represented by about 48,500 students from more than 70 countries of the world. The total undergraduate enrolment at the university is 38,827 while 7,123 students are pursuing postgraduate degrees. At present, the university has about 1,675 academic and 1,712 administrative staff members on the roll. Each of the faculty members is highly knowledgeable and experienced in their respective jobs, ensuring the best support to students.
Ranking of Western Sydney University
Western Sydney University ranks in the top 2% of universities worldwide. As a world-class university, Western is globally recognized for its research strengths and innovations in teaching. That's why international students from over 70 countries choose to study at Western Sydney University every year
- QS World University Rankings 474
- Times Higher Education World University Rankings 251 - 300
- U.S. News & World Report 274
- Australian Ranking
- QS World University Rankings 26
- Times Higher Education World University Rankings 18
- U.S. News & World Report 17
Why Western Sydney University?
Western Sydney University helps you discover your unique strengths. With their team of dedicated Western Success Advisers, along with a variety of student support services such as student welfare and careers support, clinics, counselling, disability services, academic, and library support to help you grow in knowledge, skills, and confidence.
- WSU is a world-class university with an international reach and a reputation for academic excellence and impact-driven research.
- WSU was ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide by the prestigious Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
- WSU is pretty good for things like Teaching, Nursing, Physio, Health/Sports Science, and Business. Some of their degrees are easier to get into than others but some are also harder such as Physio.
- The University provides facilities and support services for staff, students, and visitors on all campuses.
Campuses of Western Sydney University
- Liverpool City
- Parramatta City
- Campbelltown City
- Sydney Olympic Park
- Sydney City
Western Sydney University offers a range of international student scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate programs
- Undergraduate scholarships
- Postgraduate coursework scholarships
- External Scholarships
- Joint Scholarships
- Graduate Research School Scholarships
- External Scholarships