The Scheer Memorial Adventist Hospital, College of Nursing is a medical institution in Nepal's central region, founded in 2005 AD. It is located in Banepa, Kavrepalanchok.
Scheer Memorial Adventist Hospital (SMAH) has provided uninterrupted medical care to the Kavrepalanchwok District and beyond for the past 60 years as one of the first hospitals east of Kathmandu, Nepal, the organization has established a reputation for innovation and a commitment to compassionate, patient-centered care. SMAH performed Nepal's first laparoscopic surgery. We also established the country's first palliative care service. We have provided free or significantly reduced services to poor and disadvantaged patients regardless of their capacity to pay for decades.
Scheer Memorial Adventist Hospital, College of Nursing, is part of the Scheer Memorial Adventist Hospital. The hospital has 150 beds that are used for practicums at the College. Medical, Surgical, Cardiology, Pathology, OB/Gynae, Pediatric, OT, Emergency, OPD, ENT, and Dermatology departments are available at Scheer Memorial Hospital. Many ancillary services are available at the hospital, including laboratory services, ultrasound, x-ray, and physical therapy. The hospital will soon be able to perform cardiac testing.
The Nursing College provides all necessary facilities for nurse education, such as classrooms, basic science laboratories, nutritional labs, audiovisual labs, computer labs, libraries, demonstration halls, offices, conference halls, visiting rooms, canteens, and hostels. These facilities are situated within the Scheer Memorial Hospital compound for security and convenience.
Scheer Memorial Nursing College provides excellent education and helps students understand the importance of healthcare institutions in Nepal's rural areas. The institute offers B.Sc Nursing with affiliation from Kathmandu University. It was created to provide top-notch educational preparation for nursing professionals.
To provide compassionate, patient-centered care following international standards to all patients, regardless of their ability to pay.
To become the world's best mission hospital.
Commitment, Courage, and Honor.
Why Scheer Memorial Adventist Hospital's College of Nursing?
- The college is in a quiet neighborhood in Banepa, Kavre, close to major Nepalese cities and towns.
- Scheer Memorial Adventist Hospital, College of Nursing, is an academic facility with several departments and a nursing school. Residential housing is also provided for students, instructors, and other technical staff at the institution.
- Administrative and teaching staff are highly qualified, educated individuals with relevant experience. The school also has adequate infrastructure and the most up-to-date tools and technology for study and research programs.
- The Scheer Memorial Adventist Hospital College of Nursing library is well-stocked with books and materials related to the courses offered.
- Practical work and research-related activities can be carried out in well-equipped laboratories and research facilities at the Scheer Memorial Adventist Hospital, College of Nursing.
- A lecture hall for workshops and seminars and a performance venue for cultural events are available at the Scheer Memorial Adventist Hospital College of Nursing.
Number of Courses
B.Sc Nursing program
The program offered at Scheer Memorial Adventist Hospital, College of Nursing are under affiliation with Kathmandu University (KU). So, the main intake for the program is held in September.
Scheer Memorial Adventist Hospital, College of Nursing offers scholarships to deserving and needy students according to the merit-based and need-based categories. The College of Nursing (CON) allocates the scholarship.
Admission Procedure for B.Sc Nursing program:
- Candidates must be at least 17 years old.
- Candidates must have completed their plus two level or an equivalent university-recognized equivalent with a minimum of 50% or higher in English, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology.
- KU holds an entrance exam and an interview in which a minimum of pass marks are required for enrollment in the course, which has 20 seats.
- Qualification certificate, transcript, and character certificate from 10+2 and SLC/SEE or equivalent.
- A copy of your citizenship or passport.
- The Entrance Examination Admit Card.
- Equivalence Certificate for students with certificates from foreign institutions (if any).
Where is Scheer Memorial Adventist Hospital (SMAH), College of Nursing?
The Scheer Memorial Adventist Hospital, College of Nursing, is located in Banepa, Kavrepalanchok.
Is Scheer Memorial Adventist Hospital, College of Nursing a government institution?
Scheer Memorial Adventist Hospital College of Nursing is not a government institution but a public institute operating under Scheer Memorial Adventist Hospital (SMAH).
How can I get into Scheer Memorial Adventist Hospital, College of Nursing?
To get admission to Scheer Memorial Adventist Hospital, College of Nursing, students must pass tests and interviews and meet the program's eligibility requirements set by Kathmandu University (KU).
What courses are offered by Scheer Memorial Adventist Hospital, College of Nursing, College of Nursing?
Scheer Memorial Adventist Hospital, College of Nursing offers BSc. Nursing program under affiliation with Kathmandu University (KU).