BSc. CSIT in Nepal is a 4-year Computer Science and Information Technology Program in Nepal which many private and government institutions in Nepal offers. This course can be pursued by students who have studied Science in + 2 levels.
It is a field with a myriad of opportunities, BSc. CSIT is one of the most demanded courses in Nepal for technology enthusiasts.
There are several faculties like artificial intelligence, data science, big data, cybersecurity, etc. The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Information Technology syllabus is updated to give students the knowledge they need to tackle this competitive world.
In this article, we have summarized the best BSc. CSIT Colleges in Nepal, the entrance examination, government BSc. CSIT Colleges, and so on.
Why study BSc. CSIT in Nepal?
- BSc. CSIT course in Nepal offers a perfect balance of theoretical concepts and practical implementations.
- Most BSc. CSIT colleges offer internship programs in a natural working environment for IT company students.
- There is a huge job demand for professionals in IT in the networking field, developing field, programming field, and so much more.
- The best BSc. CSIT Colleges of Nepal offer internships to students who often get turned to job placement with an excellent salary package.
- This is a globally accepted degree with which you can apply for international vacancies in a suitable relevant position or study abroad.
- Nepal has several Australian, US, Singapore, and UK-based IT companies offering various jobs to IT students with attractive remuneration.
- BSc. CSIT students can gain coding and technical writing skills and do freelance work even during the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Information Technology degree.
- This degree is much more affordable in Nepal compared to other countries.
Eligibility Criteria to Study BSc CSIT in Nepal
BSc CSIT is one of the best IT courses available in Nepal at the bachelor's level. To get admitted to the BSc CSIT Colleges in Nepal, students first need to meet entry criteria, including passing the entrance examination.
These are the academic qualifications that you will have to meet.
- Students must pass intermediate level/ +2 with a minimum of 55% in the Science stream. Picking Maths in class 12 is optional.
- Or, students should pass A level in Science with a minimum of D grade.
- Students need to appear on the BSc. CSIT entrance examination and pass the entrance exam. The total mark of the entrance exam is 100, and the students need to score a bare minimum of 35.
BSc. CSIT Entrance Exam
About 10,000 students sit on the BSc. CSIT exam is conducted by the Institute of Science and Technology- Tribhuvan University (IOST-TU). Out of these 10,000 students, some are selected for the government BSc. CSIT Colleges like ASCOL, Patan Campus etc. and some for private IT colleges.
The question will be asked in 4 sections. All the questions in the entrance examination will be in the form of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
This is a rough syllabus for the entrance examination.
- Mathematics- 25 Marks (The questions on the Math section are from class 11 mathematics, so students who have taken biology as a primary subject from Biology can also study BSc. CSIT )
- Physics- 25 Marks
- English 25 Marks
- Chemistry- 25 Marks
This entrance exam takes place for 2 hours.
Constituent Campus of TU offering BSc. CSIT Program.
- Patan Multiple Campus
- Prithvi Narayan Campus
- Amrit Science Campus (ASCOL)
- Butwal Multiple Campus
- Mahendra Morag Adarsha Multiple Campus
- Birendra Multiple Campus
- Mahendra Multiple Campus
- Bhaktapur Multiple Campus
- Shree Siddanath Science Campus
- Ramsworup Ramsagar Multiple Campus
TU-affiliated BSc CSIT Colleges in Nepal
|S.N.||TU affiliated Colleges||Location|
|1||St. Xavier College||Maitighar, Kathmandu|
|2||New Summit College||Purano Baheshwor, Kathmandu|
|3||Kathford International College of Engineering and Management||Balkumari, Lalitpur|
|4||Prime College||Nayabazar, Khusibu|
|5||Nagarjuna College of IT||Pulchowk, Lalitpur|
|6||St. Lawrence College||Chabhil, Kathmandu|
|7||Nepalaya College||Kalanki, Kathmandu|
|8||Orchid International College||Sinamangal, Kathmandu|
|9||Madan Bhandari Memorial College||Anamnagar, Kathmandu|
|10||Vedas College||Jawlakhel, Lalitpur|
|11||Kathmandu Bernhardt College||Bafal, Kathmandu|
|12||Academic Int. College||Gwarko|
|13||Asain School of Management & Technology||Samakhushi|
|14||Himalaya College Of Eng.||Sankhamul, Kathmandu|
|15||Sagarmatha College Of Science & Technology||Sanepa, Lalitpur|
|16||College Of Applied Business||Chabhil, Kathmandu|
|17||Ambition College||Baneswor, Kathmandu|
|18||Texas International College||Chabhil, Kathmandu|
|19||Deerwalk Ins. Of Technology||Sifal, Kathmandu|
|20||Trinity International College||Dillibazar, Kathmandu|
|21||Kathmandu College of Technology||Lokanthali, Bhaktapur|
|22||Swastik College||Thimi, Bhaktapur|
|23||Sambridhi College||Lokanthali, Bhaktapur|
|24||Asian College Of Higher Studies||Kamaladi|
|25||National College of Computer Studies (NCSS)||Paknajol, Kathmandu|
BSc CSIT Colleges Outside Valley
|S.N||TU Affiliated Colleges in Nepal||Location|
|1||Mt. Annapurna Campus||Pokhara|
|2||Birendra Memorial College||Dharan|
|3||Shreeyantra College||Damak, Jhapa|
|5||National Infotech College||Birgunj|
|7||Birat Kchitize College||Biratnagar|
|8||Birat Multiple College||Biratnagar|
|11||Hetauda City College||Hetauda, Makwanpur|
|12||Indreni College||Bharatpur, Chitwan|
|13||Soch College Of I.T.||Pokhara|
|14||Lumbini city College||Butwal|
|15||Lumbini ICT College||Gaidakot, Nawalparasi|
|18||Ambikeshowri Information & Technical Campus||Ghorai, Dang|
|19||Bake Bageshori College||Nepalgunj|
|20||Himalaya Darahan Colllege||Biratnagar|
BSc CSIT Syllabus in Nepal
- First Year First Semester
- Mathematics I
- Fundamentals of Information Technology
- Technical Communication
- Basic Electrical System & Circuit
- Principal Of Management
- Computer Programming I
- Project I
- First-year Second Semester
- Mathematics II
- Object-oriented Programming C++
- Electronic Devices and Circuit
- Digital Logic
- Financial and Cost Accounting
- Project II
- Second-year First Semester
- System Analysis and Design
- User Interface Design
- Data Structure and Algorithm
- Microprocessor and Assembly Language
- Project III
- Second Year First Semester
- Computer Organization
- Database Management Systems
- Principle of Electronic Communication
- Visual Programming
- System Analysis & Design
- Marketing Management
- Fifth Semester
- Probability and Statics
- Data Communication
- Society and Ethics in IT
- Operating System
- Computer Graphics
- Project V
- Sixth Semester
- Computer Networks and Telecommunication
- Embedded System Programming
- Data Mining and Warehousing
- Knowledge Organization & Info Access
- Project VI
- Seventh Semester
- Network Programming
- Web Technology & Programming
- Multimedia System
- Distributed Processing
- AI and Neural Network
- Elective I
- 1. Information Retrieval (CSC413)
- 2. Database Administration (CSC414)
- 3. Software Project Management (CSC415)
- 4. Network Security (CSC416)
- 5. Digital System Design (CSC417)
- 6. International Marketing (MGT418)
- Project VII
- Eighth Semester
- Multimedia Communication
- Project Management
- Wireless Communication
- Elective II
- 1. Advanced Networking with IPV6 (CSC463)
- 2. Distributed Networking (CSC464)
- 3. Game Technology (CSC465)
- 4. Distributed and Object-Oriented Database (CSC466)
- 5. Introduction to Cloud Computing (CSC467)
- 6. Geographical Information System (CSC468)
- 7. Decision Support System and Expert System (CSC469)
- 8. Mobile Application Development (CSC470)
- 9. Real-Time Systems (CSC471)
- 10. Network and System Administration (CSC472)
- 11. Embedded Systems Programming (CSC473)
- 12. International Business Management (MGT474)
- Project VIII
Fee Structure of BSc CSIT in Nepal
The fee for a BSc. CSIT Colleges in Nepal range from NPR 2.5 Lakhs for the 4-year course to 8 Lakhs. The fees for the government BSc. CSIT Colleges in Nepal range from 1.8 Lakhs to NPR 4 Lakhs. For private colleges, it ranges from NPR 4 Lakhs to 6 Lakhs.
For instance, the fees for BSc. CSIT in Amrit Science Campus is around NPR 3.5 Lakhs.
Scope of BSc CSIT in Nepal
BSc. CSIT is a subject with gigantic scope in Nepal and the world. The career opportunities for the BSc CSIT field also lies in the field of Information Technology Analysis, Database Administration, Information Technology Leadership, cloud computing, Computer Support, Software/ Application Development.
In general, this is the salary earned by BSc. CSIT graduates in Nepal with 0- 5 years of work experience.
|BCA Jobs in Nepal||Salary range per month (NPR)|
|Web Developers||NPR 20,000- NPR 80,000|
|System Analysts||NPR 30,000- NPR 120,000|
|Software Engineers||NPR 25,000- NPR 150,000|
|Database Engineers||NPR 30,000- NPR 90,000|
|Network Security Engineers||NPR 40,000-NPR 100,000|
|Business Analysts||NPR 20,000- NPR 120,000|
|Network Engineers||NPR 25,000- NPR 80,000|
|Technical Writers||NPR 20,000- NPR 70,000|