Veterinary Bridge course - CTEVT is a short program whose primary motive is to improve students' learning skills in Veterinary subject area. Bridge course brings academia and industry together. The major purpose of Bridge Courses is to assist slow learners in improving their skills.
CTEVT has been running extra programs in most high schools, and the Nepalese government is about to introduce plus two levels for agro-vet technicians at academically promising high schools. Agro-vets are strongly encouraged and required for the successful implementation of these projects.
The veterinary course goal is to train veterinary Junior Technical Assistants (JTAs) who will provide veterinary clinical services and some livestock extension services to the livestock community in the country and overseas, whether they are employed or self-employed.
A veterinary bridge course is a university-preparation course with an academic curriculum offered to advanced students as a means of preparing for the intellectual requirements of university education, and its successful completion is considered a criterion for admission.
Veterinary Course Overview:
Veterinary is an 18 months program run under CTEVT affiliation. Since most of the population of our nation depends upon agriculture and everything is tied up with this area, the course gives priority to this sector.
The curricular structure of the Veterinary program is:
- Veterinary Extension and Communication
- Veterinary Anatomy and Physiology
- Animal Nutrition and Fodder Production
- Veterinary Epidemiology and Public Health
- Animal Husbandry and Entrepreneurship
- Veterinary medicine
- Veterinary Laboratory Technology
- General Veterinary Pharmacology
- Theriogenology and Basic Surgery
The target group of the program are the students qualified with SLC certificates. The CTEVT will award students with a “Technical School Leaving Certificate in Veterinary Science” certificate who successfully completes the requirement of the curriculum.
Basically, the course deals with the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases in other living beings, especially birds and animals. Whereas, the bridging program of this subject matter allows students to be equipped with insight of knowledge veterinary skills and techniques and methods of practice.
The fee structure of the veterinary bridge course charges around NPR12000 for a 12 weeks session. The classes start after the completion of the SEE exam. The teaching methodology of this bridge course includes:
- Approx 3 hours of classes from experienced teachers
- Daily chapter-wise exam and weekly module exam
- Daily result and Ranking using a computerised paper checking system
- Online model exam
Benefits of Studying Veterinary Course
After completion of the veterinary curriculum under CTEVT, students will be able to:
- Extend their learnings of veterinary science (medicine) skills and knowledge to livestock agricultural communities in order to contribute to community development and enterprise development.
- Provide suggestions about animal nutrition and fodder production to livestock farmers
- Assist farmers in producing animals/livestock products in a scientific manner
- Handle gynaecological and basic surgical cases of beings
- Provide disease treatment/management services to the livestock farming communities
- Make farmers aware of veterinary epidemiological risks, their influence on public health, and the actions that must be taken
- Pursue the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine program
- Help students apprehend the importance of hard effort, dedication, consistency, and commitment in the field of veterinary science and animal husbandry.
- Pre-Veterinary Studies can be combined with work experience in the industry, government and the farming profession to prepare students for a career in veterinary medicine. Students can apply for admission to foreign universities for further studies.
Requirements to study Veterinary bridge course:
- Must pass SEE level
- Registration Fee
- Course Book/Materials
- Model Question for Exam Preparation
- Revision Classes
Why study Veterinary Bridging Course?
- Prepare students to advance in choosing the appropriate courses for their further studies
- Prepare students well for the entrance exam and try to get a scholarship to a top veterinary university in the country.
- Help in getting students in preferred reputed CTEVT affiliated veterinary colleges.
- Provide a useful framework in basic applied veterinary courses, limited to a reasonable level, so that students do not have any difficulties when they begin classes.
- Prepare students for appearing in the module test and CTEVT exam for this course.
Why join the Learnsic for studying Veterinary Bridging course?
Learnsic is an online platform that helps students learn and prepare for their tests and exams. Some of the benefits of joining learnsic for Bridging course are:
- Since the session is live and interactive, students can clear their doubts and queries in the session.
- Learnsic offers high-quality study materials
- It also provides updated daily study information prepared by experts
- Students can also attain a bridge course certificate without attending physical classes
- Flexible learning sessions with frequent Q&A sessions as well
- Through learnsic students can enjoy the knowledge share through different online platforms
- Also learning bridge courses through learnsic is comparatively cheaper than physical courses as it charges about NPR 2000 only.
Scope: Veterinary Course
The graduate will be qualified for a position as a Junior Technical Assistant (Veterinary, JTA) in the field of Veterinary Services or other positions. With a veterinary degree, you may put your passion for animals to productive use.
Veterinary technology majors learn how to do many of the same things that veterinarians do in just two years. Veterinary technology students learn how to treat animals and aid veterinarians in veterinary practices and research labs.
Talking about its other prospects and scope, the program prepares skilled and effective graduate students capable of working in and advancing the cattle industry, as well as contributing to the sector's economic development and growth.
After completion, of the course, students can choose from multiple professions including Technicians and Technologists in Veterinary Medicine. The other prospects might be crop farmers, pig and poultry farmers, and Dairy Farmers. Employment opportunities will be seen in GON, NARC, INGO/NGO, commercial bank/development bank viz, Nepal bank, ADB/N and abroad (opportunity to work in Israel).
A veterinarian in Nepal earns roughly 96,900 NPR per month on average. Salaries range from 49,400 NPR to 149,000 NPR (lowest to highest) (highest).