CTEVT has introduced a three-year Health Assistant Program to train Health Assistants to work as middle-level medical service providers. It is one step below being a Physician. It is a course designed for students to prepare them for the undergrad level.
The health assistant bridge course is a medium for students to understand the methods and basic tools and concepts of primary and comprehensive health care, health planning and management. Based on the gaps identified between secondary and undergraduate levels, the bridging course emphasises covering the gap identified in course mapping.
The curriculum under CTEVT provides basic knowledge and clinical skills required to diagnose and manage patients' primary health problems. The course would put a special emphasis on key areas such as drug pharmacology, diagnostic skills such as physical examination, and drug use. The course will also cover fundamental leadership and management skills in the general medicine course.
After completing the General Medicine or Health Assistant Bridge course, students are eligible to sit for the entrance examination and other disciplines.
Health Assistant Course Overview: (General Medicine)
General medicine or Health Assistant is a program under CTEVT that aims to provide health professional assistants who can assist rural communities in the field of health care. It is a 3-year program that costs around 4,00,000+. The fee includes the registration fee and exam fee.
Eligibility to enter the Health Assistant program requires:
- Attained at least grade C in C. Mathematics, C. English, and C. Science in a recognized academic institution's School leaving Certificate (SLC) examination, as well as an average GPA of at least 2.
- Must pass the entrance examination conducted by CTEVT.
- Documents like Citizenship, SEE certificate & Character certificate.
- TSLC in relevant course with a minimum of 66.68%
Some of the colleges offering forestry under the CTEVT board are:
- Unique College of Medical Science
- Nepal Institute of Medical Science & Technology
- Madan Bhandari Memorial Academy
- School of Health Science
- Chinnamasta Educational Academy
- Nepal Institute of Health Sciences (Stupa College)
- Neuro Health College
- College of Allied Health Science
- Makwanpur Technical Institute
- Farwest School of Medicine
- Alka Institute of Medical Sciences
- Kantipur College of Medical Science
- Holy Vision Technical Campus
The bridging course for Forestry takes about 3 months of duration of class to get prepared for the entrance examination. Generally, regular tests and weekly tests are conducted for revisions.
The foundation subject of Health Assistant (General Medicine) comprises Mathematics, English, Nepali, Social Study and Basic Sciences (Chemistry, Physics, Botany & Zoology). These subjects are required to form a base and strong foundation for your future studies and career.
Benefits of Studying Health Assistance Course:
Some of the benefits of taking the Health Assistance course are:
- Help in establishing career goals and equip graduates with clinical competencies.
- You will participate in a Clinical Externship program at the end of your program.
- Prepare students to perform general patient care and handle everyday administrative responsibilities like obtaining patient vital signs, regular examinations, performing wound care, managing medical records and so on.
- Students will receive a handful of knowledge in studying vital signs, blood draw and more.
- Illustrate the necessary leadership skills, professional characteristics, and attitude for the role of Health Post Manager.
Requirements to study Health Bridge Course:
- Should pass SEE or +2 with passed certificate
- Duly filled form and fees
- Course materials
- Audio Visual Slides
- Experts and professionals
- Lecture & Discussion
- Internal Assessment
- Practical sessions
Why study Health Assistant Bridging Course?
- Help students discover a wide range of courses related to medical professionals
- Fills the bridge between your higher education and and Diploma level studies
- Prepare students well for the entrance exam and try to get a scholarship to the top medical colleges in the country.
- Help in getting students into preferred medical institutes.
- There is a high requirement for students to specialise in specific areas during this bridge course.
- This bridge course assists candidates in gaining a thorough understanding of medical subjects in order to obtain the qualification to practice general medicine as a health assistant.
- This bridging program is intended for students who want to further their healthcare experience by becoming Certified Medical assistants.
Why join the Learnsic for studying Health Assistant Bridging course?
Learnsic is an online platform that helps students learn and prepare for their tests and exams. Some of the benefits of joining learnsic for Bridging course are:
- Since the session is live and interactive, students can clear their doubts and queries in the session.
- Learnsic offers high-quality study materials
- It also provides updated daily study information prepared by experts
- Students can also attain a bridge course certificate without attending physical classes
- Flexible learning sessions with frequent Q&A sessions as well
- Through learnsic students can enjoy the knowledge share through different online platforms
- Also learning bridge courses through learnsic is comparatively cheaper than physical courses as it charges about NPR 2000 only.
Scope: Health Assistant Course
Health Assistant is a course that deals with delivering quality health services through health professionals needed for the country. Students completing the General Medicine course are eligible to sit for the entrance examination for the Bachelor in Public Health (BPH) and other disciplines.
Graduates will be eligible for registration in the Nepal Health Professional Council (NHPC) in grade "B," allowing them to work as mid-level health workers in any government or non-government hospital, nursing home, or health institution. They can work in the following health sectors:
- Central hospitals
- District hospitals
- Health post
- Health institutions
- Nursing Home
Some of the prospective career professions to choose from are Auxiliary Health Worker (AHW), and Health Information Technicians. The starting salary range of a health assistant is around NPR30,000 including provident fund and other benefits.