Masters of Data Science in Canada is a 1 to 2-year course that comprehends knowledge used to correctly dissection data so that data can be used to predict future trends using Machine learning techniques.
Data Science is on the rise not just as a degree but also as a career and not just in Canada but the entire world. Data Science is one of the most lucrative career paths in this 21st century since its demand is soaring.
This blog comprehends detailed knowledge on the Master of Data Science in Canada, like the best universities, the approximation of tuition fees and academic requirements.
Note that getting a Master of Data Science degree in Canada can be somewhat tricky due to the strict admission requirements. In a positive light, Canadian Colleges offer plenty of pg diplomas in data science Canada.
Takeaways of Master of Data Science in Canada
- Can you study MS in data science in Canada without GRE?
- PG diploma in data science in Canada
- Which Canadian Universities offer a Master of Data Science?
- How much does a Master of Data Science in Canada cost?
- What are the job opportunities after a Master of Data Science in Canada?
Why study Master of Data Science in Canada
- The demand for data scientists and engineers is increasing in Canada. The job opening for data scientists and professionals is estimated to reach over 30,000.
- The Master of Data Science in Canada curriculum includes case studies, the group works, applied course projects, written assignments, internships, placements, presentations and more, preparing the students for the data science field right after graduation.
- The best universities in Canada, like the University of British Columbia and the University of Waterloo, offer the Master of Data Science in Canada.
- Data Science in Canada comprehends a variety of specializations like Mathematics, Computing and Concentration and Artificial Intelligence.
Top Universities for Master of Data Science in Canada
These are the top universities for Master of Data Science programs in Canada.
- University of Waterloo
- University of Toronto
- University of British Columbia
- Carleton University
- McGill University
- Ryerson University
- HEC Montreal
Master of Data Science fees in Canada
The tuition fees for a Master of Data Science in Canada range from CAD 18,000 to CAD 60,000 annually for international students. The price of postgraduate Data Science courses ranges from CAD 15,000 to CAD 25,000 per year.
Masters of Data Science in Canada entry requirements
Generally, the universities of Canada expect the students to have a working knowledge of statistics, data structures, databases and R software packages if they wish to study Master's program in Data Science
International students must showcase English Language proficiency if they are not from English-speaking nations. The essential IELTS Requirement to study Master in Data Science in Canada is 6.5 with no band less than 6. Some universities, like the University of British Columbia and the University of Toronto, have an IELTS Requirement of 7 with no band less than 6.5. The equivalent scope in TOEFL and PTE is also accepted.
Where some universities demand the GRE, most Canadian Universities do not require GRE for a Master in Data Science in Canada.
Additionally, the academic requirement dictates that students score at least 70% or equivalent to study Master of Science in Data Science in Canada.
Canada University Requirement Criteria and Information
University of Waterloo
- Masters of Data Science Course: Master of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (MDSAI)
- Course Duration: 1-year Full time
- IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE Requirement: A minimum of 7 with no band less than 6.5/ A minimum of 100 with no band less than 25/ A minimum of 70 with at least 70 in writing and speaking.
- Academic Requirement: Students must pass a bachelor's degree with at least 78% in aggregate in data science, statistics, computer science, mathematics or related field.
- Annual tuition fees: CAD 36,338.98 for international students.
- Masters of Data Science Course: MSc in Data Science and Analytics
- Course Duration: 1-year full time
- IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE Requirement: 6.5 with no band less than 6.0 and equivalent
- Academic Requirement: Students must pass a 4-year bachelor’s degree in engineering science, business and economics or a related field with a minimum aggregate GPA OF 3.00/4.33 (B or equivalent) in the third and fourth years.
- Annual tuition fees: CAD 24,809.91 for international students.
University of British Columbia
- Masters of Data Science Course: Master of Data Science
- Course Duration: 1 to 2 years
- IELTS/ TOEFL Requirement: A minimum of 7 with no band less than 6.5/ A minimum of 100.
- Academic Requirement: Students must pass a 4-year bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with a minimum aggregate of 76%/ B+ in the third and fourth years.
- Annual tuition fees: CAD 33,122.40 for domestic students and CAD 47,734.70 for International students
Scholarships for Masters of Data Science in Canada
- Black Graduate Scholarship values up to CAD 5,000
- Black Graduate Student Fellowship values up to CAD 15,000
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship
- School of Graduate Studies University-Wide Awards
- Master of Data Science International Scholarships
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship
Application Requirements for international students
To apply for a Master of Data Science in Canada. International students need to demonstrate the following documents:
- Bachelor-level transcript, provisional certificate, and character certificate (in the relevant field of graduate diploma is required)
- 2- 3 letters of recommendation (Academic are given more priority over professionals)
- Intermediate level transcript, provisional certificate and character certificate
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of Scholarships, if any
- Application fees
- CV/ Resume
- GRE (If asked)
- English Language Proficiency test
- Proof of experience if asked
Master of Data Science Programs in Canada
The Universities in Canada offer Data Science programs with several variations:
- Master of Science in Data Science and Business Analytics
- Master in Data Science
- Master of Management Analytics
- MSc in Data Science and Analytics
- Master of Data Science in Computational Linguistics
- MSc in Applied Computing with Concentration in Dara Science
- Master of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Master of Mathematics in Data Science
Data Science Graduate Programs in Canada
These are some of Canada's most famous data science graduate programs offered by Canadian public Colleges.
- Graduate Certificate in Data Analytics for Business
- Graduate Certificate in Big Data Analytics
- Graduate Certificate in Big Data Solution Architecture
- Post-degree diploma in Data Analytics
- Graduate Certificate in Business Intelligence System Infrastructure
- Graduate Certificate in Data Analytics for Business Decision Making
- Graduate Certificate in Database Application Developer
The Canadian public colleges offering this program are:
- Seneca College
- St. Lawrence College
- Durham College
- Algonquin College
Scope of Data Science in Canada
Master of Data Science graduates can find employment opportunities in health, safety, services, IT companies, finance companies, etc. MSc in Data Science graduates can work across several sub-disciplines like High dimensional data analysis, computational methods in statistics, Data mining, Computational Linguistics etc.
The career opportunities for data science in Canada are blossoming, and there are supposed to be more than a million job openings in data science. After completing the master of data science in Canada, students can have a 1-3 year work permit.
In the table below, the Masters in Data Science in Canada jobs and the respective average salaries are presented.
|Job opportunities after Master in Data Science in Canada||Average Salary (CAD) per year|
|Machine Learning Engineer||128,000|
|Business Intelligent Analyst||109,000|
|Data Mining Engineer||88,927|