Supply Chain Management deals with the processes that cumulatively convert raw materials into final products. Master of Supply Chain Management in Canada is about managing monetary, machinery as well as human resource in order to produce deliverables that are supplied to customers.
The market of Supply Chain Management is growing in Canada and the Canadian Markets are constantly looking for supply chain management graduates in several positions.
Several top Canadian Universities try to fulfil this requirement by offering supply chain management degrees at different levels.
The tuition fee of a Supply Chain Management degree costs from CAD 6,000 to CAD 60,000 per year depending upon the university, nationality of students and nature of the program. In a positive light, there are plenty of full scholarships, partial scholarships and funding aids to help students with the fees.
- What is the Demand for Supply Chain Management in Canada?
- Is Supply Chain Management a good career in Canada?
- Supply Chain Management Courses in Canada for international students
Why Study Master of Supply Chain Management in Canada
- There are supposed to be above 350,000 job openings in the Supply Chain Management Sector in Canada within the next 5 years.
- Canada offers flexible options for Master of Supply Chain Management degree like 1-2 year masters program, 1-year pg diploma, 2-year pg diploma with co-op and so on.
- Some of the best Universities in Canada like the University of Toronto, the University of British Columbia, and McGill University offer a Master of Supply Chain Management.
Top Universities to study Master of Supply Chain Management in Canada
These are some of the best universities in Canada for Masters in Supply Chain Management.
- University of Toronto (Rotman School of Management)
- University of British Columbia
- University of Montreal (HEC Montreal)
- University of Windsor
- University of Manitoba
- Concordia University
- York University (Schulich School of Business)
- University of Alberta (Alberta School of Business)
- Laval University- Offers MBA Program with a specialization in Supply Chain Management
Note that in the bracket the business school of the contemporary university is mentioned. For example, Rotman School of Management is a business school of the University of Toronto.
What will you learn as a part of the Supply Chain Management curriculum?
- Business Logistics Management
- Business Strategy
- Finance from a global perspective
- Accounting Concepts and Techniques
- Operations Management for Products and Services
- Supply Chain Technology
Cost of Masters in Supply Chain Management in Canada.
Master of Supply Chain Management fees in Canada ranges from CAD 22,000 to CAD 60,000 per year for international students. For domestic students, the tuition fees range from CAD 4,000 per year to CAD 15,000 per year.
Likewise, the pg Diploma cost in Canadian Colleges ranges from CAD 15,000 to CAD 22,000 per year.
Master of Supply Chain Management Entry Requirements for international students.
To get admitted into the Canadian University of Master of Supply Chain Management, students need to fulfil the eligibility criteria. International students from an English speaking nation, need to demonstrate English proficiency.
The most basic Entry Requirements in Canadian Universities and colleges for masters and pg supply chain Management programs are:
|Masters/ Graduate certificate||IELTS Requirement||Academic Requirement||Additional Requirement|
|Master in Supply Chain Management|
The minimum requirement is 6.5 with no band less than 6.0 or equivalent.
Some Universities also ask for a minimum of 7.0 with no band less than 6.5
|A minimum of B grade 70% in aggregate and 75% in the last 3 academic years||600 in GMAT or equivalent GRE score|
|Postgraduate in Supply Chain Management||Minimum of 6.5 with no band less than 6.||At least 60% in the bachelor degree||Not needed|
University admission requirements samples for Master Program
University of Montreal (HEC Montreal )
- Master of Supply Chain Management Course: Master of Science (MSc) in Global Chain
- Course Duration: 2 years
- Language requirements: Bring a minimum of 6.5 in IELTS or 94 in TOEFL. Additionally, students need to bring required marks on French language tests like TEF/ TEF Express/ TFI/ TCF/ DELF/ DALF etc.
- Academic Requirement: Students need to pass an undergraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 6 out of 20.
- Additional Requirements: GMAT score of 630 or equivalent in GRE, Admission test.
- Annual tuition fees of HEC Montreal
|Student Status||Thesis Program||Supervised Project|
|Quebec students||$6 100||$6 600|
|Canadian students, non-residents of Québec||$14 800||$15 300|
|French and French Belgian students||$6 100||$6 600|
|International students||$30 000||$30 500|
University of Windsor
- Master of Supply Chain Management Course: Master of Management- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Course Duration: 16 months
- IELTS/ TOEFL: Minimum 7.0 In IELTS/ 100 in TOEFL iBT
- Academic Requirement: Pass a 4-year bachelor degree in a related field with a minimum of a B average.
- Additional requirements: Interview with a university representative
- Annual tuition fees: CAD 20,000 to CAD 44,000.
Concordia University (John Molson School of Business)
- Master of Supply Chain Management Course: Master of Supply Chain Management (MSCM)
- Course Duration: 1 to 2 years
- IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE score: A minimum of 7.0 with no band score less than 6.5/ A minimum score of 95 with no band less than 20.
- Academic Requirement: An undergraduate degree in any discipline with a minimum average GPA OF 3.0. Students with non-commerce backgrounds might have to take supplemental courses.
- Annual tuition fees: CAD 6, 971.87 for Canadian, Quebec residents, CAD 13, 589.57 for Canadian, non-Quebec residents and CAD 37,777.17 for international students.
PG Diploma in Supply Chain Management in Canada.
Masters in Supply Chain Management can be expensive for international students. Furthermore, the entry requirements for the Master program is quite tough in Canada.
Thankfully, 1 year or 2 years PG Diploma in Supply Chain Management in Canada for international students falls in the category of both affordable and comparatively less taxing.
These are some of the most famous Graduate certificate programs in Canada alongside Canadian Public College offering them.
- One year graduate certificate in Supply Chain Management- Logistics (Co-op) : Fanshawe College
- One Year Supply Chain Management – Logistics Post Graduate Certificate with Co-op: Centennial College
- 8 months Supply Chain Management- Global Logistics Graduate Certificate: Seneca College
- 2 year Supply Chain Management Graduate Certificate Co-op: Lambton College
Master of Supply Chain Management Scholarships in Canada
- Natural Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada- Annual Scholarship of CAD 17,500 in the Financial Engineering, Management Sciences and Business Intelligence.
- International Graduate Scholarship
- Graduate Entrance Scholarships (offered by the University of Windsor, Alberta School of Business)
- MBA Entrance Scholarships
While applying for the Master of Supply Chain Management in Canada, you will need the following documents just to get the offer letter or the letter of acceptance from the university.
- 2-3 Letter of References or Recommendations (Academic are given more preference over)
- Relevant experience letter
- Statement of Purpose
- CV/ Resume
- English Language proficiency test- IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE/ Duolingo
- GMAT/ GRE scores
- Application fees
- Bachelor transcript, character and provisional certificate
- Intermediate level Transcript, character and provisional certificate
- 10th level mark sheet and character certificate
- Proof of Scholarships or financial aids if any.
It will take from 2- 3 months to get an answer from the university regarding your acceptance or rejection situation. On the other hand, for the colleges, it will take you 1-2 weeks to get an offer letter.
Scope of Master in Supply Chain Management in Canada
After completing the Master of Supply Chain Management in Canada, international students can stay back in Canada and gain some experience.
Depending upon the length of your degree, you will get 1-3 years of work permit.
(For a 1-year degree, you will get 1 year of work permit and for a master or pg degree with a program length of more than 1 year, you will get 3 years of work permit.
The areas of employment for the graduates of Master in Supply Chain Management or graduate certificate in Supply Chain Management in Canada are:
- Third-party logistics
- Freight forwarders
- Fulfilment centers
- Government agencies
- International trade
- Transportation sector
- Manufacturing sector
- International trade
- Purchasing sector
|Master of Supply Chain Management Job in Canada||General Entry level salary in CAD per year|
The salary mentioned in the table above is generally an entry-level salary when the Supply Chain Management professionals have experience of -2 years only. With the gain in experience and proper knowledge of the supply chain management industry, this salary can even reach beyond CAD 200,000 per year.
Other than the above-mentioned job position, you can also find career opportunities like the following with a degree in supply chain management.
- Supply chain analyst
- Inventory planner
- Sourcing specialist
- Fulfilment supervisor
- Production supervisor
- Transportation coordinator
- Warehouse operation manager
- Production coordinator
- Inventory specialist
- Distribution clerk
- Logistics coordinator