The Nepalgunj Nursing Campus is a medical institution in the midwest region of Nepal founded in the year 2026 B.S. It is lopcated in Nepalgunj municipality ward No. 13 next to the Bheri Zonal Hospital.The Mid Western Region of Nepal has just one nursing campus, and that is this one.
Nepalgunj Nursing Campus was initially founded by HMG of Nepal as a facility for ANM training. For 15 years, this school has been producing auxiliary nursing midwives. Later, in 2028 BS (1972 AD), Tribhuvan University took control of it and called it the ANM Extension Campus under the Institute of Medicine. Starting with the academic year in 2044/045 BS, it was elevated to Nursing Campus. Since then, this institution has offered the Proficient Certificate Level in Nursing (PCL in Nursing) program.
From the academic year in 2044/045 to 2052/053 BS, the target number of students for admission to the PCL nursing program was 30. The expected number of students has been raised to 35 as of the academic year 2053/054 BS. The Nursing Campus trained 167 graduates from 2044 to 2055 BS, while the ANM extension campus (renamed after being given over by the HMG of Nepal to TU) produced 448 ANMs from 2026 to 2045 BS.
Nepalgunj Nursing Campus has been running the PCL in Nursing (Proficiency Certificate Level in Nursing) program associated with the Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training and the Bachelor of Nursing Science (BNS) program affiliated with Tribhuvan University (CTEVT). There is no other nursing campus in Nepal's Mid-Western Region. It was created to provide top-notch educational preparation for nursing professionals.
Why Nepalgunj Nursing Campus?
- The college is located in a quiet neighborhood in Nepalgunj and is easily accessible to major Nepalese cities and towns.
- Nepalgunj Nursing Campus possesses an academic facility with several departments in addition to a nursing school. The institution also provides residential housing for its students, residential instructors, and other technical staff.
- The administrative and teaching personnel comprises highly qualified, educated people with relevant experience. The school provides enough infrastructural facilities with the latest tools and technology for research and study programs.
- The Nepalgunj Nursing Campus library is well-stocked with a significant selection of books and materials relating to the courses it offers.
- Practical work and research-focused activities may be done at the Nepalgunj Nursing Campus in well-equipped laboratories and research facilities.
- The Nepalgunj Nursing Campus has a lecture hall for workshops and seminars and a performance venue for cultural events.
To provide primary through graduate-level nursing educational programs that match worldwide standards so that the institution's human resources may provide nursing care, instruction, and research in any rural or urban setting.
The need to instill the habit and inspire the students to accept the philosophy of nursing care for the ill of all ages, regardless of their caste, creed, sex, and economic level, will be stressed.
Students have the chance to improve information, abilities, and attitudes related to nursing, professionalism in nursing administration and teaching, general nursing care, and care of mothers and children, including primary healthcare and research, via the curriculum.
Give nursing graduates superior knowledge and practical abilities in nursing science that span primary health care.
To provide high-quality medical services and to produce highly skilled people resources, notably in the nursing disciplines, Nepalgunj Nursing Campus was established, is still being operated, and ongoing educational programs are being continued.
Key Offerings of Nepalgunj Nursing Campus
The college's physical infrastructure includes a calm academic environment, functional lab space, a well-stocked library with books and periodicals, a canteen facility, and extracurricular activities.
Additional benefits offered by this institution include qualified, experienced staff, committed faculty members, Well-planned functioning of the courses, and an excellent scholarship for deserving students that help them excel in their learning.
2 Programs. Bachelor of Nursing Science (BNS) - Tribhuvan University and Proficiency Certificate Level in Nursing (PCL in Nursing) - CTEVT
Ranging from 2 - 5 lakhs
The programs offered at Nepalgunj Nursing Campus are under affiliation with Tribhuvan University (TU). So, the main intake for the programs is held in September.
Nepalgunj Nursing Campus offers scholarships to deserving and needy students according to the merit-based and need-based categories.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission:
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BNS):
- The applicant must have earned a Proficiency Certificate in Nursing from a reputable institution with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 50%.
- The candidate must have at least a year of nursing practice experience after registering with the Nepal Nursing Council.
- The Institute of Medicine selects students for the program based on the merit list of the entrance exams and open house counseling.
PCL Nursing (Staff Nurse):
- A least "C" grade in math, English, and science and a GPA of 2.0 or above in SLC/SEE.
- English, Math, and Science have required subjects in the SLC and were passed with a second-place grade (Old Course).
How can I get into Nepalgunj Nursing Campus?
To get admission to Nepalgunj Nursing Campus, students must pass tests and meet the program's eligibility requirements.
Where is Nepalgunj Nursing Campus?
The Nepalgunj Nursing Campus is located in Nepalgunj municipality, ward No. 13, next to the Bheri Zonal Hospital.