Founded in 1998, the Lord Buddha Education Foundation (LBEF), a Non-Profit, Non-Government Organization has a well-established tradition of excellence across a broad range of academic disciplines. From its humble beginnings, the Lord Buddha Education Foundation (LBEF) has made steady progress and today stands as one of the leading colleges in Nepal with currently over 1,000 students. More than 7000 students have over the years graduated from LBEF Group of Institutions and today, have established careers as bankers, IT experts, entrepreneurs, managers, leaders in their chosen area of interest. LBEF CAMPUS is known as the First IT college of Nepal.
All good things & ideas have a beginning.’ At LBEF, they have sown the seed of knowledge that has been growing into a large beautiful tree and has been providing knowledge to all. They firmly believe education is an integral part of the growing process. It is therefore their constant endeavor to provide the best of facilities and resources to the student community. There are only two lasting bequests they can hope to give to their children, one being the roots and the other, wings; ‘both of which can be achieved only through sound education, towards which they are morally bound’.
LBEF visualizes its sustainable development as an academy of excellence in professional education by adopting best practices, installing best potential of improving the efficiency & effectiveness of the academy’s capability of providing the education. It aspires to be known for excellence in teaching, research, and public engagement and for continually setting new standards of quality and service.
To continuously strive for excellence for the collection, creation and institutionalization of all the latest developments and innovations that carry the potential of improving the efficiency & effectiveness of the academy’s capability of providing education.
Why Lord Buddha Education Foundation (LBEF)?
From its humble beginnings, the college has made steady progress and today stands as one of the leading colleges in Nepal. First College in Nepal to Launch BCA/MCA/BIT/MIT/MBA(Banking) Programs. First graduation ceremony in 2010 and continuing henceforth, by eminent Nepalese personalities like: Rt. Hon’ble Vice President, Mr. Parmanand Jha, Rt. Hon’ble Prime Minister, Mr. Madhav Kumar Nepal, Hon’ble Minister of Education, Mrs. Chitralekha Yadav, Government. of Nepal.
- TOTAL BUILDING AREA: The academic complex spread over an area of 75000 square feet of land in 9 blocks includes the Academic block, Administrative Block, the Badminton court, and the parking lot. LBEF Campus Infrastructure has provided state-of-the-art facilities in the College building to ensure premium services are in place for students enrolling into the academic programmes that are delivered.
- LIBRARY: LBEF Campus Infrastructure provides a library which acquires more than 5000 books and subscribes to 15 print newspapers and 6 magazines. LBEF’s e-library section has access to Proquest online database with more than hundred thousand books as well as thousands of full text journals and other Internet resources. Library is open the whole week (Sunday through Friday 7:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.; Saturday 10:00 A.M. to 05:00 P.M. Closed on holidays. )
- LABS: There are two computer laboratories, set up to meet the requirements of the Computer Science and Software Engineering course, one specific for mobile application development.
- CLASSROOMS: The lecture rooms are spacious, airy, well illuminated and designed to accommodate 30 students in comfortable furniture settings with dedicated internet connectivity and provisions for power-point presentations.
- PROJECT AREA: Apart from the full-fledged laboratories, there are smaller sized project rooms equipped with the necessities for students planning and working on group projects.
- LEARNING AREA: The student learning hub is designed to provide the students space for their leisurely activities within the College hours. This is the room to go to and sit down over a cup of tea or coffee and work independently or in small groups during the independent activity or assignments.
Lord Buddha Education Foundation (LBEF) is located at Opp. Maitidevi Temple Kathmandu, Nepal. The academic complex spread over an area of 75000 square feet of land in 9 blocks includes the Academic block, Administrative Block, the Badminton court, and the parking lot. LBEF Campus Infrastructure has provided state-of-the-art facilities in the College building to ensure premium services are in place for students enrolling into the academic programmes that are delivered
The College offers financial assistance for academically sound but financially challenged students to support you through your studies. Scholarships provided will be applied to the tuition fee category. Scholarships will be provided to 10% of the annual intake of students as per the directives of the government. To apply and determine if you are eligible, you have to fill up an application form for scholarships and funding and submit it to the Administrative office at the College.
- NATIONAL ICT SCHOLARSHIP: The scholarships will be awarded to study B.Sc.(Hons.) in Information Technology at LBEF CAMPUS. Students who have completed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board or Diploma in Computer Engineering from CTEVT will be benefited with this scheme. Students who have appeared for 10+2 or equivalent examinations can also apply. Girl students will be most benefited by this scheme and the reason to do so is to further the educational opportunities of young women of future generations.
- Female Merit ICT Scholarship
- ICT Merit Scholarships(Open to all)
- NEPAL CHAMBER BUSINESS SCHOLARSHIP: The objective of the scheme is to award scholarships to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections of the community so as to provide them better opportunities for higher education, increase their rate of attainment in higher education and enhance their employability. The scholarship will be awarded to study BA (Hons.) Business Management specializing in E-Business at LBEF CAMPUS under Asia Pacific University. Students who have completed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board can apply for the scholarship. Female students will be most benefited by this scheme and the reason to do so is to further the educational opportunities of young women of future generations
- UDHYAMI BUSINESS SCHOLARSHIP: This Scholarship is meant for students interested in joining the MBA morning programme. It’s awarded based on the grade/percentage achieved at Bachelor’s Level. Every student joining the MBA morning programme will get Scholarship (in tuition fee only) equivalent to his/her undergraduate percentage /CGPA. For example, if you have scored 83% marks in your Bachelor’s degree, you will get 83% scholarship.
- GYANDEEP SCHOLARSHIP: This Scholarship is awarded based on the percentage achieved in the High-School Board examinations or equivalent examination. This scholarship is only awarded in the tuition fee category. The scholarship privileges provided in this category are as follows:
|S.No.||% MARKS IN HIGHSCHOOL||SCHOLARSHIP||NO. OF STUDENTS|
- MERIT SCHOLARSHIP: Merit Scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic performance in the Common Entrance Examination conducted by LBEF Campus, internal examinations/evaluations and the End Semester examinations of the University. This scholarship is only awarded in the tuition fee category. The scholarship privileges provided in this category are as follows:
|S.No.||% MARKS IN HIGHSCHOOL||SCHOLARSHIP|
|1||95% or above||50%|
|2||91% to 95%||40%|
|3||86% to 90%||30%|
|4||81% to 85%||25%|
|5||76% to 80%||20%|
|6||71% to 75%||10%|