LA GRANDEE International College, founded in 2000 with the lofty purpose of creating qualified and adequate human resources for the computer and information technology industry, is a Pokhara College of Technology (PCT) legacy. It began with two academic programs—a Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) and a Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA)—and then added two more in 2005 and 2009—a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) and a Bachelor in Public Health (BPH), respectively—to further its mission. The LA GRANDEE school offers top-notch instruction in a warm and welcoming atmosphere thanks to its centrally situated structure, roomy classrooms, and exceptional modern amenities.
The faculty at the college is highly skilled and experienced, with degrees in their disciplines from universities and other organizations with a global reputation. Lesson instructors incorporate a practical approach into academic foundations by bringing their expertise to the classroom. Consequently, its students go through a learning process that immediately sets them up for jobs and subsequent education. For the excellent placement of its graduates, LA GRANDEE also seeks to build strong connections with employment services, the local and larger corporate sectors, and other pertinent organizations. This is done by developing networking with other universities worldwide.
Currently, the institution is affiliated with Pokhara University in Nepal and offers bachelor's degrees in business administration (BBA), computer applications (BCA), and public health (BPH). The institution takes pride in having a positive learning environment that encourages students to achieve academic achievement.
The mission of LA GRANDEE International College is to offer students a world-class educational experience that will give them the knowledge, abilities, and skills they need to compete in their chosen fields. The college aspires to produce and disseminate knowledge and train culturally competent leaders to deliver excellent service to our community, the country, and the world through research, education, and practice.
LA GRANDEE International College aims to offer top-notch instruction to increase undergraduate student populations' chances of success in today's brutally competitive technical, international, and racial environments. Adults who want to reach their full potential personally and professionally have access to high-quality certificate and degree programs in business administration, computer applications, and public health through LA GRANDEE.
Why Study at LGIC?
- Teaching Learning Methods: LA GRANDEE offers a unique educational experience. The classes are mainly focused on the students. Our slogan is "Students learn on their own." You take ownership of your education; you are in command. Along the way, you will master various crucial skills to help you understand who you are, be ready for your future job, and become an efficient independent learner. There will be lectures with an appropriate number of students in which you may talk with your professors and fellow students about various topics.
- Fantastic Facilities: LA GRANDEE provides Pokhara University's globally renowned undergraduate programs, emphasizing student-centered, flexible learning. Our classrooms, libraries, and labs provide the best atmosphere for learning. We also provide a wide range of resources to support your academic success. Additionally, thanks to the availability of high-speed internet, students may work independently on research projects and acquire the web materials they need for productive learning activities.
- Internships & Project Work: By course requirements, students from BCA and BBA programs, in particular, receive real-world experience by visiting and working for a certain amount of time in various financial institutions, IT businesses, corporate sectors, and production companies. They get the chance to experience a real-world setting while having fun, which will help them prepare for their professional practice after graduation. Their participation in creative project work gives them more practical experience and fuels their desire to meet market demands.
- Field Study: Different field trips are made available to students, particularly those in the BPH program, to help them become more familiar with the realities of the workplace and the applications of the academic course material in the real world. Students visit rural regions as part of their residential fieldwork and gather information about the public health situation. They examine them using various theoretical instruments. Additionally, they continue their extensive field practice in their final year while working with the District Health Offices.
Number of Programs
The main intake is in Aug/Sep.
For outstanding applicants in need, LA GRANDEE provides full and partial scholarships and awards in several categories.
Some students with exceptional academic achievement at the +2 or Intermediate Level are eligible for need- and merit-based scholarships.
Janak Tara Scholarship for the BBA, BCA, and BPH Semester Toppers (100% in tuition).
Scholarships from Pokhara University for BBA (10), BCA (5), and BPH (4)
One Hirasawa Public Health Award will be given to a deserving BPH student who has demonstrated academic excellence.
Dean's List Award: LA GRANDEE
LA GRANDEE Excellence Award Is given to students who excel in academics and extracurricular activities.
Applicants can apply for admission by visiting the college or online.
Documents/Qualifications required for Admission
- SLC Mark sheet
- School Leaving Certificate
- SLC Character Certificate
- Transcript of 12th grade
- Individual Mark sheet of 12th grade
- Character Certificate of 12th grade
- Provisional Certificate of 12th grade
- Migration Certificate of 12th grade.
For Masters, include the following:
- Transcript of Bachelor's Degree
- Individual Mark sheets of Bachelor's Degrees
- Character Certificate of Bachelor Degree
- Provisional Certificate of Bachelor Degree
- Migration Certificate of Bachelor Degree
- BBA: Pass the Grade 12 test with a minimum CGPA of 1.8 and get at least a D in each subject in Grades 11 and 12. Students may apply if they have completed an intermediate or upper secondary examination with at least a second division. Candidates interested in the BBA program must submit an application form with their transcripts and academic credentials.
Where is LA Grandee International College located?
The college is situated in Simalchaur, Pokhara, Pokhara Lekhnath, Kaski, Nepal.
Does the college provide scholarships to students?
Yes, scholarships are offered by the college to students. The College is committed to assisting students who fulfill specific criteria to obtain the education and skills they need to be successful in a career that will provide them with personal fulfillment.
What are the course fees at the college?
The prices range from 5-7 lakhs per course. The college offers scholarships to deserving students to assist them with fee payments.