Islington College is a place of learning that can be found in the city of Kathmandu in Nepal. 1997 was the year it began operations as a regular franchisee for the Singapore main-board listed company Informatics Education Limited (IEL). The institution delivers bachelor's degree programs in Computing, Computer Networking & IT Security, and Multimedia Technologies that are intended for in-country supply in direct partnership with London Metropolitan University, also known as LondonMet. In 2011, the institution officially changed its name to Islington College to reflect its newly formed links with universities in the United Kingdom.
The institution upholds and encourages the development of a thriving culture that originates from the everyday organizational rituals that we observe. Islington thinks that increased development may be achieved by combining education with an atmosphere encouraging creative expression. Islington College takes excellent satisfaction in its ability to produce graduates prepared for employment in their chosen fields by polishing their talents via the great mix of knowledge and creativity.
Islington College is delighted to be able to brag about its more than 3,800 successful former students who are now leading, creating, and mentoring people all around the world. The college strongly emphasizes producing prepared graduates for work in their chosen fields, as seen by the high graduate employment rate (98.6%). The institution provides the most excellent infrastructure possible, which conforms to worldwide standards. Islington College's commitment to exposing its students to the outside world helps to foster an innovative mindset. The college's approachable expertise has assisted its students in developing a worldwide platform to simulate real-world experiences.
- Industry Exposure: Students are exposed to the most brilliant minds working in the field, which serves as a valuable learning experience. To provide students with opportunities for experiential learning, the school hosts guest lecturers and workshops led by nationally and globally recognized specialists in various fields.
- Exposure to International Markets and Industries: The students get a global perspective via their annual exploration of international markets and industries. In addition to developing their academic talents, we strongly encourage our students to practice their ability to interact with people of other cultural backgrounds and to cultivate professional relationships with prominent figures from other countries.
- Updated Curriculum: Our educational program takes a comprehensive approach that incorporates a variety of teaching methodologies, and it is aimed to assist students in applying the knowledge they have gained to real-world scenarios.
- State-of-the-Art infrastructure: Islington College is home to some of Nepal's most cutting-edge and contemporary infrastructures. The facility is constantly being upgraded to meet international standards and is one of the most advanced educational institutions in the country.
- Islington College takes excellent satisfaction in its ability to produce graduates prepared for employment in their chosen fields via the establishment of external partnerships. During the WRL, or Work Related Learning, that students participate in, they are actively encouraged to gain professional aptitude while also experiencing a real-life working setting. Over one hundred memorandums of understanding were inked with top-known firms in Nepal to help our students with the placement process.
Number of Programs
The main intake is in Aug/Sep.
Islington College is dedicated to helping Nepali residents who meet specific requirements get the education and training they need to succeed in a field that would provide them with personal fulfillment.
A scholarship of 100% pays for a complete Master's program. Islington College gives money to two students in the form of scholarships.
The Attitude, Academics, and Attendance (AAA) Scholarship: 10% of all students in each intake are given the Undergraduate Scholarship. The scholarship for first-year college students is based on the 3As: attitude, academics, and attendance.
International Student House and London Metropolitan University Scholarship Program: This is an Rs. 1.5 crore ING group project helps students improve their academics and gain international experience, thanks to the London Metropolitan University in the UK. This scholarship pays for tuition, airfare, housing, and living costs.
Applicants can apply for admission by visiting the college or online.
Documents/Qualifications required for Admission
- SLC Mark sheet
- School Leaving Certificate
- SLC Character Certificate
- Transcript of 12th grade
- Individual Mark sheet of 12th grade
- Character Certificate of 12th grade
- Provisional Certificate of 12th grade
- Migration Certificate of 12th grade.
- Bachelor's Degree
Intermediate or Higher Secondary Examination (of twelve years of formal education in any stream: Humanities, Management, Science, Engineering, or Technology), passed with a minimum score of D+ in any 2 subjects from a board or university that is recognized in the country. GCE Advanced Level with a grade point average of at least a B or higher.
Where is Islington College located?
The college is situated in Kamal Pokhari, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Does Islington provide scholarships to students?
Yes, the college does provide scholarships to students. Islington College is dedicated to helping Nepali residents who meet specific requirements get the education and training they need to succeed in a field that would provide them with personal fulfillment.
What are the course fees at the college?
The prices range from 8-15 lakhs per course. The college provides scholarships to deserving students to assist them with fee payments.