One of the five campuses that make up the Tribhuvan University, Institute of Engineering in Nepal, Pulchowk Campus—often referred to as Pulchowk Engineering Campus—is among Asia's most excellent engineering schools. Thapathali Campus, Paschimanchal Campus, Purwanchal Campus, and Chitwan Engineering Campus are the other four component campuses. The Institute of Engineering's (IOE) main campus is located in the Lalitpur metropolitan area. The campus provides programs leading to bachelor's, master's, and doctorate degrees.
For the Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) and Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) degrees, IOE administers an admission test each year. Students who want to study engineering or architecture come from Nepal to take this exam. The Pulchowk Campus is only open to those who demonstrate merit. From around 15,000 applicants, the college only accepts 624 students, putting the acceptance rate at 3.8%.
The Kathmandu Valley includes the Pulchowk Campus, which stretches from the Chakupat neighborhood to the Krishna Galli road in Lalitpur. An area of around 480 ropanis, or 60 acres, is occupied by the Institute of Engineering (IOE), Pulchowk Campus.
The institution's campus comprises several buildings housing the engineering and architecture schools' classrooms and labs. Additionally, it has the most extensive engineering program in the nation, with top-notch facilities and labs.
One of Nepal's largest libraries is the Pulchowk Campus Library. The college contains dorms for boys and females that are chosen based on merit. There is a basketball court, a football field, and a cricket field (which CAN also use for national and international events).
The Center for Energy Studies (CES) studies energy sources and related tasks. Notable is the Robotics Club. Every year, undergraduates from the Electronics and Computer Engineering and Mechanical Engineering departments, especially, collaborate to build robots that will compete in the ABU Robocon. In addition to participating in international competitions, the campus's robotics-interested students are trained by the robotics club.
The objectives of the Pulchowk Campus are:
- Academic Plans: Through improved academic programs for instruction, research, training, examination, and assessment, new knowledge on the cutting edge of engineering and technology that enhances human and societal well-being is created.
- Developing leadership in new engineering challenges and addressing concerns with national growth via lobbying on engineering policy
- Rules and Regulations: By enforcing laws and regulations, instructors, staff, and students will improve their management and leadership abilities and make the most use of available resources and infrastructure.
- Resource Management: Achieve the campus's financial sustainability through resource management and fund administration.
- Enhance technology transfer and capacity-building methods through international cooperation and collaborative activities.
Why should you attend Pulchowk Campus?
- Amazing Learning Possibilities: To assist students in preparing for future employment, the university primarily stresses practical learning. Alumni are so well-equipped and ready to join the workforce as competent professionals.
- Scholarships and extracurriculars: The college offers outstanding student support. At its locations, you may sign up for organizations, groups, and sports teams to be active and sociable in between classes. To help you achieve your goals, the institution also offers counseling services, peer mentoring, and student and professional advisers.
- Learning Atmosphere: The campus is a vibrant and innovative educational facility that strives to give its students the finest education possible while adhering to firm standards and upholding an atmosphere of discipline. The institution has high standards for each student's performance in the classroom, involvement in extracurricular activities, and accountability.
- Excellent Faculty: The academic staff at the school is strong, the administration is proactive and creative, the professors are highly motivated, and the students can use the talents of a committed group of academics.
Number of Courses
3-4 lakhs per course
The intake is in Mangsir as per the Institute of Engineering’s routine.
The 10% of the total student intake is eligible for a 100% scholarship per the guidelines of IOE.
Applicants can apply for admission to the college in two ways: online through the college website or by an education agent.
Documents/Qualifications required for Admission
- SLC Mark sheet
- School Leaving Certificate
- SLC Character Certificate
- Transcript of 12th grade
- Individual Mark sheet of 12th grade
- Character Certificate of 12th grade
- Provisional Certificate of 12th grade
- Migration Certificate of 12th grade
For Masters, include the following:
- Transcript of Bachelor's Degree
- Individual Mark sheets of Bachelor's Degree
- Character Certificate of Bachelor Degree
- Provisional Certificate of Bachelor Degree
- Migration Certificate of Bachelor Degree
- BE: Complete the IoE admission test. And a minimum of 45% in +2 Science or A Level or Diploma in Engineering or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and two papers of Mathematics is required (200 Marks).
Where is IOE, Pulchowk Campus located?
The institute is situated in Pulchowk, Kathmandu, Nepal.
What is the primary intake date?
The main intake is in Mangsir.
What are the basic academic requirements?
Each course at IOE has academic entry criteria that students must meet to qualify for that course. Generally, the minimum academic entry is the satisfactory completion of Year 12 or equivalent for BE.
What are the fees for studying at the institute?
The prices are determined by the courses you apply for. The average cost is 3.5 lakhs per course.
Does the College provide scholarships to students?
Yes, the college does provide scholarships to students. The 10% of the total student intake is eligible for a 100% scholarship per the guidelines of IOE.