Currently, Holmes Institute is an integrated multi-sector private education organization. At each site, the institution has a faculty of Vocational Education and Training, a faculty of Higher Education, a School of Secondary Education, and an English Language Centre. The institute was established in 1963.
For nearly four decades, Holmes has maintained an outstanding reputation as a quality education provider and has had the same top management team since 1988. Since 1988, Holmes has been actively involved in the higher education industry, notably in the supply of undergraduate degrees. The Holmes Institute of Higher Education was established to serve the company's higher education purpose.
Today, Holmes provides a variety of vocational awards, as well as bachelor's degrees in business, information systems, and fashion, and master's degrees in business administration, professional accounting, and information systems.
- Bachelor of Business (BBus)
- Bachelor of Professional Accounting (BPA)
- Bachelor of Fashion Business (BFB)
- Bachelor of Information Systems (BIS)
- Graduate Diploma in Business (GDB)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Business Administration (Professional)
- Master of Professional Accounting (MPA)
- Master of Information Systems (MIS)
Holmes Institute has campuses in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, and Cairns and offers a variety of awards ranging from vocational to master's degrees in business administration and accounting. As a multi-sector provider, Holmes Institute is ideally placed as an alternate road to university education.
The Holmes Institute is driven by a culture of continuous quality improvement, and within that paradigm, the school is constantly seeking ways to connect its educational programs with marketplace demands. This purpose also guides curriculum creation at Holmes, which includes encouraging students' dedication to lifelong learning, global views, and knowledge and understanding progress.
As part of its efforts to continuous quality improvement, Holmes compares its internal systems, structures, processes, and procedures to best practices in universities and colleges. Furthermore, the school embraces new technology by using student-centred teaching and learning approaches that match the digital world.
The Holmes Institute strives for excellence in teaching and learning by focusing on five primary goals:
- Produce job-ready graduates with the characteristics outlined in Holmes' Graduate Attributes. Design and administer industry-aligned courses using evidence-based benchmarking.
- Create an atmosphere where staff is motivated, skilled, and responsible for providing current rigorous education that incorporates educational industry standards.
- Aim for the greatest level of educational quality by using innovative techniques and technology to aid learning.
- To enhance student key metrics, appropriate student evaluation methods, including evidence-based procedures, should be used to inform teaching, assessment, and unit design.
The Holmes Institute works for quality standards to give students a meaningful and informative education while also conveying thoughts regarding learning, community, and leadership.
Number of Courses
Around 10 courses
$27000 - $30000
March, July & November
The main intakes are March, July and November.
Applicants can apply for admission to the college in two ways: online through the college website or by an education agent.
Documents required for Admission
- Academic Documents
- SLC Mark sheet
- School Leaving Certificate
- SLC Character Certificate
- Transcript of 12th-grade
- Individual Mark sheet of 12th-grade
- Character Certificate of 12th-grade
- Provisional Certificate of 12th-grade
- Migration Certificate of 12th-grade
For Masters, include the following:
- Transcript of Bachelor's Degree of 12th-grade
- Individual Mark sheets of Bachelor's Degree of 12th-grade
- Character Certificate of Bachelor Degree of 12th-grade
- Provisional Certificate of Bachelor Degree in 12th-grade
- Migration Certificate of Bachelor Degree of 12th-grade
- IELTS/TOEFL/PTE scores
- Work Experience (if any)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- College Recommendation (if a current student)
What are the fees to study at the university?
The costs depend upon the courses you apply for. They range from A$27000 to A$30000 per year.
Can I work as a student in Australia?
Yes, you can work for 40 hours per fortnight during course sessions and unlimited when out of the course session. This is to make sure that you are focused on your studies.
Does the university offer any accommodation?
Yes, the institute does provide accommodation. Holmes provides students with various housing alternatives, including homestay, hostel, serviced flats, and hotels. The weekly rental can range from $275 to $340 per week.
Where is the institute located?
Holmes Institute has campuses in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, and Cairns.
How many units must I complete for my college education?
Students who wish to join a Bachelor's Degree must finish 24 units, while students pursuing a Master's Degree must accomplish 12 units. Learners at Holmes Institute can study three trimesters every year by enrolling in the optional Summer Trimester. This permits students to complete their courses more quickly.
How long does one trimester last?
Each trimester lasts 12 weeks of study, accompanied by a study week for the tests.