Balkumari College was founded in 2043BS to provide students from Chitwan and surrounding areas with access to higher education (1986AD) Balkumari began with 360 pupils in modest classrooms of a public high school and has now grown to over 3,500 students and uncountable physical buildings.
It is vital in Chitwan's educational environment as a community-based institution. BICTE, BHM, B.Sc, B.Ed, BBS, MEd MBS, PCL Nursing, CMA, and ANM are among its top programs. Aside from a scientific and earthquake-resistant building with comfortable classrooms and significant physical facilities, the college has an extensive library, well-managed state-of-the-art computer labs with email and unlimited internet access, modern science labs, a teaching hospital, a canteen, a natural drinking water plant herbal garden, and so on. Balkumari, a place for prowess in quality education, has established an ISO 9001:2015 quality management system.
The college offers the following programs:
- Master of Business Studies (MBS)
- Master of Education ( M.Ed)
- Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS)
- Bachelor of Education (B Ed)
- Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology in Education (BICTE)
- Bachelor of Science (Microbiology, Environment )B.Sc
- Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
- Bachelor of Information Management (BIM)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
The college has broad international connections with prominent academics, universities, social institutions, and commercial enterprises. Responding to the huge pressures of globalization, it has been pursuing innovative ways and strategies to keep up with the changing ICT landscape worldwide. In reality, we are conscious of the disparity between the highly developed realm of science and technology and society's remaining ideas and customs. As a result, the institution has developed a broad notion and master plan for its future course.
Balkumari College will be valued for transforming itself into an autonomous educational center of excellence dedicated to pursuing the innovations, perspectives, principles, and guidelines of great philosophers and scholars to use their contributions for the long-term and continuous improvement of people and society in local, national, regional, and global interest.
Balkumari College is dedicated to advancing society (community) and the world in every way possible. The primary goal of BKC is to benefit society by pursuing the highest degree of integration in teaching, learning, and research.
- To participate in community service.
- Project-based learning will be used to enhance excellent education.
- To train skilled labor to promote technical education, science, and technology.
- To contribute to preserving Nepalese arts, culture, and heritage.
- To plan spiritual awareness and moral education programs.
- To connect with national and international researchers and institutions.
- Turning on research work to foster societal development.
Balkumari College is one of Nepal's significant colleges for university-level education. Aside from teaching standard University courses, the institution is active in various creative projects. These programs are meticulously crafted to give students a distinct advantage in placement or subsequent study. The college has excelled in all disciplines and academic, extracurricular, and co-curricular activities.
The goal is to establish Balkumari College as an excellent campus and eventually achieve academic autonomy. The College Management Committee and the whole college community are well prepared and equipped to create and promote need-based solutions for dealing with various obstacles and difficulties.
Number of Courses
More than 10
3-8 lakhs per year
The main intake is in Shrawan-Bhadra.
Full fee or partial fee reduction is offered on a merit basis.
Applicants can apply for admission to the college in two ways: online through the college website or by an education agent.
Documents/Qualification required for Admission
- Academic Documents
- SLC Mark sheet
- School Leaving Certificate
- SLC Character Certificate
- Transcript of 12th-grade
- Individual Mark sheet of 12th-grade
- Character Certificate of 12th-grade
- Provisional Certificate of 12th-grade
- Migration Certificate of 12th-grade
For Masters, include the following:
- Transcript of Bachelor's Degree of 12th-grade
- Individual Mark sheets of Bachelor's Degree of 12th-grade
- Character Certificate of Bachelor Degree of 12th-grade
- Provisional Certificate of Bachelor Degree in 12th-grade
- Migration Certificate of Bachelor Degree of 12th-grade
- Qualification Requirements
- BBS: Students with a second division (45% or better) or a 1.8 CGPA who have passed 10+2 or equivalent examinations from approved academic institutes are eligible to enroll in this program.
- BEd: Tribhuvan University's B.Ed program is open to students who have completed their 10+2 or equivalent examinations with a minimum 'D+' score in all subjects in Grade 11 and 12.
- BHM: A formal education of at least 12 years is required. It is necessary to have a 2.0 CGPA or 45 percent plus 2. Individual courses in 11&12 must have a minimum grade of 'D+.' Pass the admissions exam.
- Master's: Pass the admission test. Students must hold a bachelor's degree in an area specified by the faculty from a Tribhuwan University-accredited college.
Where is Balkumari College located?
Balkumari College is situated in Bharatpur in the Chitwan District.
What is the primary intake date?
The main intake is in Shrawan-Bhadra (September).
What are the costs of studying at Balkumari?
The prices depend on the course you are applying for. It ranges from 3-8 lakhs per course on average.
Does the College provide scholarships to students?
Yes, the college does provide scholarships to students. The students are selected on a merit basis.