The USA has a vast range of top colleges and universities offering courses and specializations in hospitality and tourism.
As a result, the Bachelor of Hospitality Management in the USA comes with hallmarks like real-world experience, career development, and modern curricula suitable for application in the real world in USA Universities.
Some good hospitality and tourism management programs in the USA, like Purdue University, enjoy a more than 90% graduate employment rate. After completing the degree, students can make a career in various aspects of hospitality below, depending upon the specialization.
- managed services
- casino operations
- cruise ship operations
- restaurant management
- hotel operations tourism.
The scope of hospitality and tourism management extends to fields such as
- Lodging Operations
- Country Club management
- Corporate dining accounts
- Cruise lines
- Vacation ownership resorts
- Catering businesses
- Conventions and visitor bureaus
- Convention and conference centres
- Event planning
- What can you do with a degree in Hospitality Management?
- Which are the cheapest hospitality management Universities in the USA?
- What are the English language requirements for international students to study for a Bachelor of Hospitality Management in the USA?
Why study Bachelor of Hospitality Management in the USA?
- The best universities in the USA, like Purdue University and Cornell University (Private IVY League University), offer Bachelor of Hospitality programs in the USA.
- Hospitality graduates can earn from USD 30,000 to 50,000 right after graduation. Often, they might even receive a greater salary placement.
- The USA degree is respected throughout the world. So, you can start a lucrative career anywhere in the world with it.
- Hospitality Management graduates have an employment rate of over 78% in the USA.
Top Universities for Bachelor of Hospitality Management in the USA
If you are wondering which is the best hospitality management degree in America, the table below can help you. Note that these rankings are based on credible information from sites like US News, National Center for Educational Statistics, World Report, etc.
|Rank in the USA||University||Program Features/ Core Topics|
|2||Michigan State University||
|3||University of Massachusetts Amherst||
|5||University of Houston||
|6||University of Central Florida||
|7||University of Nevada, Las Vegas||
|8||NYU School of Professional Studies||
|9||Washington State University||
|10||Pennsylvania State University||
|12||University of Denver||
The rankings of the universities above are based on metrics such as program offering, academic quality, reputation, employer satisfaction and affordability.
Bachelor of Hospitality Management courses in the USA
Overall the popular specializations for BHM in the USA are:
- BHM in Hospitality in the USA
- BHM in Tourism in the USA
- BHM in Hotel Management in the USA
|BHM Courses||University||Location||English Requirement|
|Tourism Development and Management, BS||Arizona State University||Tempe, USA||TOEFL: 61|
|Tourism and Recreation Management, BS||Arizona State University||Tempe, USA||TOEFL: 61|
|BSc in Hospitality and Tourism Management||Purdue University||West Lafayette, USA||
|Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management||The University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign||Champaign, USA||TOEFL: 79|
|BS in Hospitality and Communication||Boston University||Boston, USA||
|Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Administration||Boston University||Boston, USA||
|BA in Hospitality Business||Michigan State University||East Lansing, USA||
|BS in Sustainable Parks, Recreation and Tourism||Michigan State University||East Lansing, USA||
|BBA in Hospitality Management||University of Massachusetts Amherst||Amherst, USA||
|BS in Hospitality and Event Management||Florida International University||Miami. USA||IELTS Accepted, but score not published|
|BS in Recreation Services, Sport and Hospitality Management||Pittsburg State University||Pittsburg, USA||IELTS: 6|
|BS in Hotel and Resources Management||Eastern Michigan University||Ypsilanti, USA||IELTS: 6|
|BS in Hospitality Management||University of Delaware||Newark, USA||
The entry requirements criteria for a Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management in the USA highly depend upon the university and the nature of the program.
For some universities, students are just asked to pass high school level with no significant GPA requirements. However, the English language and academic requirements are strict for the top universities offering this program.
These are the summarized bullets for eligibility criteria you need to meet if you wish to study Bachelor's degree in the USA:
- Students must bring a GPA of 2.5 or better at the high school level.
- English language proficiency must be proved via internationally recognized tests like TOEFL/ IELTS/ PTE. The essential requirement is 6.5 in IELTS and 79 in TOEFL.
- Though SATs are not deemed compulsory for admission by top universities, they could be asked in some universities. Other than that, SAT can also help you get decent scholarships and financial aid.
Bachelor of Hospitality Management fees for international students in the USA
The fees for hospitality management range from USD 5,000 per year and USD 60,000 per year.
|BHM University in the USA||Average Annual Tuition fees in USD|
|Alliant International University||18,510|
|Appalachian State University||22,217|
|Arkansas Tech University||16,545|
|Baldwin Wallace University||34,504|
|Bethune Cookman University||14,814|
|California State University||16,456|
Affordable Universities for Hospitality Degrees in the USA
Mentioned below are some of the most affordable hospitality degrees in the USA. The tuition fees for the universities listed below range between USD 5,000 to USD 15,000 for international students.
- Ferris State University
- National Louis University
- North Dakota State University
- Youngstown State University
- University of New Orleans
- South Dakota State University
- SUNY at Delhi
- Western Illinois University
- Southern Minnesota State University
- Southeast Missouri State University
- Arkansas Tech University
- CUNY New York City College of Technology
- Brigham Young University- Hawaii
- South Seattle College
- Western Carolina University
Scholarships Bachelor of Hospitality Management in USA
These are the scholarships that can help domestic students or international students with the tuition fees during their undergrad in the hospitality management program in the USA.
- American Express Academic Scholarship Program.
- Eric & Bette Friedheim Scholarships
- Management and Marketing- Academic Opportunity Award
- Johnson & Wales University Scholarship
- Golden Gate Restaurant Association Scholarship Foundation
- Hospitality Majors/ Marriott Scholars Program
- HSF/ Hormel Scholarship
- American Hotel Foundation Scholarship
Scope of Hospitality Management in the USA
The Hospitality Management degree will prepare you for a career in diverse management roles in the hospitality and tourism industry.
As a result, you can apply for a job or find a scope in many settings like Special Event management, Hospitality real estate, Hospitality Marketing and Sales, hospitality human resources, hospitality information technology and social media.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the salary looks like after students have obtained a bachelor's degree in hospitality management or a related field with similar core subjects.
|Job roles||Salary (in USD per year)|
|Food Service Managers||56,590|
|Human Resource Managers||121, 220|
|The meeting, Convention and Event Planners||600,600|
|Advertising, Promotions and Marketing Managers||105,900|
|Recreation Activities Manager||115,800|
|Administrative Service Managers||96,940|