Bachelor of Communication in the UK is a 3 to 4-year degree with modules like marketing, communications, advanced communication practice and digital business.
This degree helps students make a career as Public relations directors, marketing communication directors, etc.
Read this blog to know about the prospects of a bachelor of communication in the UK, top universities for a bachelor of communication, tuition fees for a bachelor of communication etc.
Takeaways of Bachelor of Communication in the UK
- Is a Bachelor of Communication in the UK worth it?
- Best Universities for Media and communication studies in the UK
- How much does a communication pass out-earn in the UK?
- What is the scope of Communication and Media Studies in the UK?
- What kind of jobs can you get with a communication major?
Why study Bachelor of Communication in the UK?
- You will get to study in the best Communication Universities in the world with proper placements and internships to help you boost your career.
- There are several specialization programs in the Bachelor of Communication program in the UK, like Media and marketing, International communication, Design and marketing etc.
- The UK has tremendous scope for a Bachelor of Communication. Students can pursue a master's in Communication: Top Universities & colleges, Fees, Eligibility, Scholarships, Jobs and management degrees.
- Bachelor of Communication professionals can earn from GBP 20,000 to GBP 60,000 annually.
Top Universities for Bachelor of Communications in the UK
According to QS World Ranking by subject in 2021, these are the UK's best Media and Communication Universities.
- London School of Economics
- Goldsmiths, University of London
- Cardiff University
- University of Leeds
- University College London
- City, University of London
- University of Westminster
- Loughborough University
- University of Sheffield
Bachelor of Communication Fees in the UK for International Students
The tuition fees for a Bachelor of Communication in the UK for international students range from GBP 12,000 to GBP 30 000 per year for international students. For domestic students (students of the UK), the tuition fee for the Bachelor of Education is GBP 9,250 per year.
Bachelor of Communication Entry Requirements
International students must demonstrate that they are eligible to study in the Bachelor of Communication program in the UK. The eligibility criteria can be mainly divided into 2 headings.
One- is the English proficiency test, and the other academic requirements.
As a part of the English Proficiency test, students need to have valid IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE or any other test accepted by the university. Most universities have the IELTS Requirement of 6.5 with no band less than 6 for the Bachelor of Communication course in the UK.
UK Universities Requirements for Communication Program
- Bachelor of Communication program: Media and Communication BA (Hons)
- Program duration: 3 years full time
- IELTS/ PTE Score: Overall score of 6.5 with no band less than 5.5. An equivalent PTE Score is also accepted.
- Academic Requirements: Students need to pass an intermediate level or diploma in art and design with at least a C grade.
- Annual Tuition Fees: £9,250 for domestic students and 13,500 for international students.
University of Birmingham
- Bachelor of Communication program: BSc Business Management with Communications
- Program duration:3 years full time
- IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE Score: 6.5 with no band less than 6.0/ 88 with 21 in reading, 20 in listening, 22 in speaking and 21 in Writing/ 58 with no less than 58 in each band.
- Academic Requirements: Pass intermediate level or high school diploma with a minimum of a B grade in Mathematics and English.
- Annual Tuition Fees: £9,250 for domestic students and 21,240 for international students.
University of Exeter
- Bachelor of Communication program: BA Communications
- Program duration: 3 years
- IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE Score: An overall score of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0. Or equivalent score
- Academic Requirements: Students need to pass the intermediate level with a minimum of a B grade.
- Annual Tuition Fees: £9,250 for domestic students and 19,500 for international students.
University of Nottingham
- Bachelor of Communication program: International Media and Communication Studies BA
- Program duration: 3 years
- IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE Score: 7.0 with no band less than 6.0/ 100 with a minimum of 19 in reading, listening and writing and 20 in speaking.
- Academic Requirements: Students must complete the intermediate level with a minimum B grade.
- Annual Tuition Fees: £9,250 for domestic students. International student fees are yet to be confirmed for the coming years.
St. Mary’s University
- Bachelor of Communication program: Communications and Marketing BA (Hons)
- Program duration: 3 years
- IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE Score: 6.0 with no band less than 5.5 or equivalent score from a recognized university
- Academic Requirements: Students must complete the intermediate level with a minimum C grade.
- Annual Tuition Fees: £9,250 for domestic students and 12,900 for international students.
Bachelor of Communications Scholarships in the UK for international students
- South Asia Undergraduate Excellence Award
- UK International Undergraduate Excellence Award
- Commonwealth of Independent States Undergraduate Excellence Award
- Vice Chancellor’s Scholarships
Application Documents for Bachelor of Communication Admission in the UK
You will need the following documents to apply for a Bachelor of Communication in the UK.
- A valid English Language proficiency test- IELTS/ TOEFL/PTE etc.
- Statement of Purpose
- Intermediate Level transcripts, character and provisional certificate
- Proof of Scholarships
- Application fees
Scope of Bachelor of Media and Communication degree in the UK
The graduates of Bachelor in communication work in several sectors such as TV production, film, PR, events organization, digital media, magazine publishing, media and cultural policy and research etc.
The graduates of Bachelor of Communication from UK Universities have been working as account executives, digital journalists, web editors, producers, new person, video producers, copywriters, scriptwriters and so on.
The employers for the communication aspirants include:
- Barcoff studios
- Discovery Channel
- Channel 4
- Red Union Films
With a communication degree, you can also make a business career in human resources. Marketing, advertising and public relations.
|Communication and media jobs in the UK||The annual salary range in GBP|
|Communication Manager||27,000- 54,000|
|Sales and Marketing Coordinator||16,000-32,000|
|Digital Journalist||24,000- 44,800|
|Script Writers||20,500- 50,950|
|Marketing Communication Manager||24,000- 44,600|
After completing a Bachelor of Communication in the UK, students can choose communication and media specialist pathways for further education like media and politics, digital culture and communication and strategic Communication.