When a student decides to go abroad for further studies, very often rather than not, one of the first things that come to their mind is the best education consultancy in Nepal.
Like every other journey, the study abroad journey begins with the first step.
You may decide on the country and institute higher studies independently. But, getting admission to that college or university is not as simple as you might think. You read it right; it is a complicated and time-consuming process.
You would be lucky if you had someone to guide you through every step of the process. But not everyone can find a mentor and therefore has to rely on education consultants.
Consultancies offer assistance through a professionally trained team of experts in the industry.
Additionally, the consultancies offer free counselling sessions. They have contact with international colleges and universities and have countless diverse programs.
As the idea is to find the right one, you should keep a few things in mind while searching for a reliable education consultancy.
Benefits of education consultancy while applying for abroad studies
Almost every student does preliminary research on various aspects of studying abroad, such as course, fee, country, college, scholarships, work permit, scope, etc.
In addition, applying to foreign universities demands a lot of planning and preparation. There is much to put in order, from language tests to preparing SoP and LoR to visa interviews and preparing financial documents to notarize.
Before you realise how to find the best education consultants, you must understand the advantages of consultancy or education consultants while applying for study abroad.
- Access to all the required information about your desired course
- Professional guidance to identify the suitable country, institute and courses
- Guided assistance with legal and financial documentation
- Support in travel arrangements
- Guidance for English language proficiency tests
- Guided assistance at disposal throughout the admission process
- A thorough guide to the VISA process
- Several options of international colleges and universities that you can pick from.
- Waiver of Application fees (You need not pay application fees sometimes)
Things to consider before choosing a consultancy
By now, you might be clear that if you aspire to pursue a degree in a foreign university, you should first assess your needs.
Additionally, it would be best if you also chose a consultant who meets your requirements.
100's of consultancies are registered in the Ministry of Education Nepal. Meanwhile, many hundreds more display their services along the roads adding to the confusion.
Most consultancies are reliable, yet you never know the reality under the veil. Therefore, a thorough background check is necessary before agreeing to their services.
Here are a few queries you may want to look at before deciding on the best education consultant for your study abroad journey.
- What is their experience in the sector?
- What is their past performance record?
- How qualified are the counsellors and trainers?
- Is the consultancy accessible from your place?
- Which countries are available for study abroad?
- Do they provide a scholarship structure?
- Are they willing to support all visa formalities?
- What is the cost of their consultancy service?
- Will they help you find the right institution and destination?
- Are they willing to help/guide you with your SoP?
These alone may not suffice your concerns; nevertheless, it all means that if you are vigilant and are less likely to be fooled.
What services do consultancies provide?
Any education consultancy you choose is at your disposal at all times. The services they provide are almost similar to assist you entirely during the admission application process.
The services offered by the consultants include but are not limited to the following:
- Support in-country/ course/ fee comparison
- Standardized test tutorials
- Application support to college/university
- Editing services for SoPs, LoRs, Resume, University essays, etc.
- Documentation related to admission or scholarship
- Complete guidance for visa interview
- Budgeting and financial document preparation
- Shipment services
- Personalized counselling
The right consultancy for you is the best consultancy for you
Data reveal that as of August 2019, more than three hundred thousand Nepali students sought permission for abroad studies. And this number of students who aspire to study abroad only increases yearly.
Likewise, data also reveals that 95% of all Nepali students in Australia applied to their university/college with the help of an education Counsellor.
In Nepal, students study abroad searches begin with a search engine. And most of the searches made are found as "the best consultancy in Nepal for Australia '', "best education consultancy for Canada '', "top consultancy in Nepal '', "best consultancy for study in the UK '', etcetera.
Almost every consultancy bids to be the best with their services, expertise and professionalism.
In this context, declaring any consultancy as best among others might be unfair.
Nevertheless, after thorough research, whether you will apply online, through an online portal, or with a consultancy is up to you, and so is the choice of education consultancy.
It might be surprising to know that these consultancies have been helping many students with average academic and financial profiles also successfully enrol in the institutions they dream of.
This being said, you need to double-check some factors told by the consultancies instead of blindly believing everything they say. If you have your preference of location, course or educational institution, you can put it forward to the consultants so that you have a say in the course you will pursue.