One of the well-known fellowship programs offered by the Ministry of Human Resource Development in India is the Prime Minister Research Fellowship scheme (MHRD).
It attempts to draw deserving applicants to the PhD programs of the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), the List of IITs, and the Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs), which conduct research in technology and science.
The article provides comprehensive information about the Prime Ministers Research Fellowship (PMRF), emphasising the critical deadlines for applications, requirements, etc.
The Prime Minister's Research Fellowship will conduct cutting-edge research in science and technology. This is a fantastic opportunity for those excited about pursuing doctoral studies.
This strategy is intended to raise the standard of research conducted by various academic institutions. Authorities look for the best people while keeping in mind the development of the vision through innovation.
The national convention will evaluate the applicant's performance during a complicated talent selection process.
The critical characteristics linked to PMRF are listed below:
- The government wants to provide financial aid to deserving students who want to pursue higher education and research science and technology.
- The government said that students will now have the convenience of promptly registering under the fellowship program online using the new PMRF web page.
- According to the government, this fellowship program aims to draw in talented people by providing them with a solid foundation to develop their skills.
For applicants to be eligible to submit a PMRF registration, they must fulfil the following eligibility requirements:
For Lateral Entry
- The applicant must be enrolled in a PhD program at one of the universities that offer the PMRF program. Additionally, candidates should have completed 12 months of their doctoral program if they hold a master's degree or 24 months if they hold an undergraduate degree and are taking doctoral coursework. The time frame will be measured from the PhD applicant's admission date to the date of lateral entry. An application will only be taken into consideration twice for the lateral entry. Within one year of receiving a qualifying PG degree, applicants pursuing a combined M.Sc./M. Tech and PhD programs must submit their applications.
- Candidates who will enrol in the PhD program by lateral entry will not be eligible to enrol in the program through direct access the following year. It is not authorised for applicants to transfer to another PMRF institute while employed at the host university.
- Robust analysis software, grades, and a track record of publications are among the criteria by which contestants will be assessed.
- The applicant must have completed at least four full semesters of study in a doctoral program and have a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least 8.5 out of 10.
- The applicant must write a strong recommendation for the student and upload the necessary information (publishing of soft copies and research proposal) on the portal if they have enrolled in one of the universities that offer PMRF.
For Direct Entry
- Candidates must have successfully finished their MS or M.Tech by research at one of the institutes that offer PMRF and have passed the GATE exam. Candidates must also complete a minimum of four programs and have a CPI or CGPA of 8.0 before the end of the first semester. The CPI or CGPA will be determined by how well applicants performed in each course, thesis, and lab.
- The applicant matrices will evaluate publishing, research exposure, participation in international competitions, letter recommendations, and grades.
- The PMRF panel will assess candidates' progress throughout their 12- to 18-month PhD program (after admission). The PMRF initiative will continue until officials have received the applicants' good performance.
Here is a thorough step-by-step application process for the PMRF
Before applying to the fellowship program, candidates must go to the PMRF official website and carefully read the instructions.
To continue, applicants must click the apply link on the official website.
After choosing the "Qualification" option, complete Section 1 of the eligibility form.
After completing Section 1, applicants must complete Section 2, where they must provide information about their schooling, attach the necessary paperwork, and upload photos.
To submit their applications, candidates must pay an Rs. 1500 application fee via an online payment method.
The applicants must upload the payment receipt and submit the application form after successfully paying the costs.
The required documentation that candidates must submit throughout the PMRF scheme application process is listed below:
- A passport-sized photo
- Scanned copy of the GATE qualification document
- A scanned copy of the grade sheets, transcripts, and mark sheets
- The abstract paper (PDF File in 1000 words)
- Two A4-sized pages of your CV must be sent in PDF format. The CV must solely highlight academic accomplishments and talents.
PMRF Fellowship Benefits
The PMRF provides students with adequate financial aid. Those who are chosen through the stated selection process will be offered admission to the PhD program at one of the IITs/IISc/IISERs, which consists of
PMRF Accepting Colleges
Only the universities listed below are open to applicants who want to enjoy the benefits of PMRF's privileges.
- University of Hyderabad
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- University of Delhi
- All IISERs
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Every IITs
- IISc, Bengaluru
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Banaras Hindu University
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli