Bachelor of Hospitality Management (BHM) is a highly sought-after program for students interested in pursuing a career in the hospitality and tourism industry. With the growing demand for skilled professionals in this sector, many universities worldwide offer BHM programs that provide students with the knowledge, skills, and experience needed to succeed.
Studying BHM abroad can be a rewarding experience for students wishing to pursue a hospitality industry career. Many universities around the world offer BHM programs to international students. However, choosing the right university is crucial to ensure students receive quality education and exposure to the hospitality industry.
Some top universities to study BHM abroad include Cornell University, Les Roches Global Hospitality Education, Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne, Glion Institute of Higher Education, and Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School.
This article will discuss the best universities to study BHM abroad, highlighting their features, rankings, and other important information.
When ranking universities for BHM programs, factors include academic reputation, faculty expertise, student-to-faculty ratio, industry connections, facilities and infrastructure, research opportunities, and job placement rates.
- Accreditation: Accreditation is an essential factor when choosing a BHM university abroad. Accreditation ensures that the university meets specific academic and educational standards and provides quality education to students. Some accrediting bodies for BHM universities include the Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration (ACPHA) and the Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education (CHRIE).
- Faculty: The university's faculty plays a crucial role in the quality of education provided. Consider researching the faculty's credentials and experience to ensure they are knowledgeable and experienced in the hospitality industry.
- Curriculum: The curriculum offered by the university should be comprehensive and up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in the hospitality industry. The curriculum should include management, marketing, finance, and operations courses, as well as hands-on training and internship opportunities.
- Location: The university's location is also an essential factor to consider. Consider whether the university is located in a city or a rural area and the proximity to the hospitality industry and internship opportunities.
- Reputation: Consider the reputation of the university and its BHM program. Look for reviews and rankings to ensure the university has a good reputation in the hospitality industry.
Top Universities for BHM Abroad
Cornell University, located in Ithaca, New York, is a prestigious Ivy League university known for its outstanding hospitality management program. The School of Hotel Administration at Cornell offers a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Hotel Administration, considered one of the best BHM programs in the world. Students enrolled in this program can study various subjects, including food and beverage management, marketing, accounting, human resources, and revenue management.
The school also provides students access to state-of-the-art facilities and resources, such as the Statler Hotel, a full-service teaching hotel, and the Baker Program in Real Estate, which specialises in hospitality real estate.
Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne
Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne (EHL) is a leading hospitality management school located in Lausanne, Switzerland. Founded in 1893, EHL has a long history of excellence in hospitality education and has produced numerous successful graduates who have gone on to work in top positions in the industry.
The school offers a Bachelor of Science in International Hospitality Management, which covers a broad range of topics, such as hotel operations, finance, marketing, and leadership. Students also have the opportunity to participate in internships and exchange programs with partner institutions worldwide. In addition, EHL has partnerships with numerous hospitality companies, which provide students with valuable networking opportunities and career prospects.
Glion Institute of Higher Education
Glion Institute of Higher Education is another top hospitality management school in Switzerland, with campuses in Glion and Bulle. The school offers a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Hospitality Management, focusing on developing students' leadership, management, and communication skills in the hospitality industry. Glion also offers international internships and exchange programs with partner institutions, giving students valuable experience and exposure to different cultures and business practices.
Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School, Australia
Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School (BMIHMS) is a prestigious institution in Australia that offers a range of hotel management courses to students aspiring to enter the hospitality industry.
BMIHMS has a strong reputation for providing world-class education and training to its students and is known for its focus on practical, hands-on learning. The school has a state-of-the-art campus with simulated hotel environments, allowing students to gain real-world experience in the hospitality industry.
BMIHMS offers a variety of hotel management courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. These include Bachelor of Business (International Hotel and Resort Management), Master of International Hotel Management, and Master of Business Administration (International Hotel and Resort Management). The courses are designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to manage hotels and resorts and other related industries such as tourism and events.
The courses at BMIHMS cover various topics such as hospitality operations, marketing, finance, human resources, and strategic management. Students are taught by experienced industry professionals and have the opportunity to undertake internships and work placements with some of the world's leading hotels and resorts. This enables students to gain practical experience and apply the theories and concepts learned in the classroom to real-world situations.
The school also strongly focuses on internationalisation, with students from all over the world studying at BMIHMS. This creates a diverse and multicultural learning environment in the hospitality industry, where cultural awareness and sensitivity are essential.
Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management, UAE
The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management (EAHM) is a prestigious institution in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, offering hotel management courses to students aspiring to enter the hospitality industry. EAHM is known for its strong reputation and focus on practical, hands-on learning. The academy has a modern and fully equipped campus with simulated hotel environments, allowing students to gain practical experience in the hospitality industry.
EAHM offers a variety of hotel management courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. These include a Bachelor of Business Administration in International Hospitality Management, a Master of Business Administration in International Hospitality Management, and an Executive MBA in International Hospitality Management. The courses cover various topics, including hospitality operations, marketing, finance, human resources, and strategic management.
EAHM also strongly emphasises innovation and sustainability in the hospitality industry. The academy offers a unique program called "Green Hotelier," which focuses on sustainability and environmental management in the hospitality industry. This program enables students to learn about sustainable practices and technologies and how they can be applied in the hospitality industry.
IMI International Management Institute, Switzerland
IMI International Management Institute is a renowned institution in hotel management education located in Lucerne, Switzerland. The school offers a three-year Bachelor of Arts in International Hotel and Tourism Management, designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in the global hospitality industry.
The hotel management course at IMI International Management Institute covers various subjects, including hospitality operations, food and beverage management, front office management, human resource management, marketing, financial management, and leadership. Experienced faculty members with extensive industry experience and knowledge teach the program and are committed to helping students achieve their full potential.
The school partners with leading hotels and hospitality organisations in Switzerland and worldwide, providing students with internships, work placements, and networking opportunities. This allows students to gain practical experience and develop valuable skills and knowledge that will be essential for their careers in the hospitality industry.
IMI International Management Institute strongly emphasises internationalisation, with students from over 60 countries studying there. This creates a diverse and multicultural learning environment in the hospitality industry, where cultural awareness and sensitivity are essential.
Furthermore, the school strongly focuses on sustainability in the hospitality industry. IMI International Management Institute is a member of the United Nations Global Compact and is committed to promoting sustainable practices in the hospitality industry. The school's "Green Team" initiative focuses on sustainability and environmental management and enables students to learn about sustainable practices and technologies and how they can be applied in the hospitality industry.
- There are no age limitations for individuals who wish to pursue a Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management abroad.
- Applicants must have completed their 10+2 education from a recognised board and exhibit a genuine passion for entering the hospitality industry and meeting academic qualifications.
- In some countries where education standards are high, students may need to pass an English proficiency exam to demonstrate their proficiency in the language. Universities may also ask for SAT/ACT scores as part of the application process.
Required Documents for BHM Abroad
- Mark sheets for classes 10 and 12
- Certificates of School Graduation and School Migration
- Financial Statements for Individuals
- Previous job experience (if any)
- SAT/ACT SAT/ACT SAT/ACT SAT/ACT SAT/ACT SAT/ACT SAT/ACT (subject to country)
- Recommendation Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Essay for Admission (subject to university/college requirements)