Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main is a national-level entrance exam conducted every year for admission into undergraduate engineering courses at various colleges and universities in India.
JEE Main 2023 is expected to be conducted in April, and with less than two months left for the exam, it is natural for candidates to have many questions in mind.
This article will answer the 5 commonly asked questions about JEE Main 2023.
What are the eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2023?
The eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2023 are as follows:
- Age Limit: Candidates born on or after 1st October 1998 are eligible to apply.
- Academic Qualification: Candidates must have passed their 10+2 examination in 2021 or 2022, with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects. Candidates appearing for their 10+2 examination or equivalent in 2023 can also apply.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must have secured a minimum of 75% marks in their 10+2 examination or equivalent or be in the top 20 percentile in their respective board exams. For SC/ST candidates, the minimum marks required are 65%.
What is the exam pattern for JEE Main 2023?
The exam pattern for JEE Main 2023 is as follows:
- Mode of Examination: Computer-based Test (CBT)
- Duration: 3 hours
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and Numerical Value Based Questions
- Number of Questions: 90
- Total Marks: 300
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer carries four marks, and one mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer. There is no negative marking for unanswered questions.
Is there any change in the syllabus for JEE Main 2023?
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has yet to announce any changes in the syllabus for JEE Main 2023. The syllabus remains the same as the previous year—topics covered in the 11th and 12th standards of CBSE and ICSE. Candidates are advised to go through the syllabus thoroughly and prepare accordingly.
What are the important dates for JEE Main 2023?
The important dates for JEE Main 2023 are as follows:
- Release of Online Application Form: To be announced
- Last Date to Apply: To be announced
- Release of Admit Card: To be announced
- JEE Main 2023 Exam Date: To be announced
- Declaration of Result: To be announced
Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website of NTA for updates on important dates.
How should I prepare for JEE Main 2023?
Preparing for JEE Main 2023 requires a lot of hard work and dedication.
Here are some tips that can help you prepare for the exam:
- Understand the Syllabus: The first and foremost step towards preparing for JEE Main 2023 is thoroughly understanding the syllabus. The JEE Main 2023 includes Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics topics covered in the 11th and 12th standards of CBSE, ICSE, and other state boards. Go through the syllabus thoroughly and make sure that you have a clear understanding of all the topics.
- Make a Study Plan: A well-planned study schedule can go a long way in helping you prepare for JEE Main 2023. Create a study plan that includes all the topics from the syllabus and allocate time for each case. Make sure to cover all the essential issues and revise regularly.
- Practice Previous Year Papers: Practicing previous year papers and mock tests are one of the best ways to prepare for JEE Main 2023. Solving last year's papers will help you understand the exam pattern and improve your speed and accuracy. Analyse your performance in each test and identify your strengths and weaknesses.
- Focus on Concepts: JEE Main is a concept-based exam, and it is essential to have a clear understanding of all the concepts. Focus on understanding the concepts rather than memorising them. Clear all your doubts and seek help from your teachers or friends if you struggle to understand any concept.
- Take Breaks: Taking breaks between study sessions is essential to avoid burnout. Take short breaks and do something you enjoy, such as listening to music, watching a movie, or playing a game. Taking breaks can help you relax and improve your concentration.
- Engage in Group Studies: Group studies can be a great way to prepare for JEE Main 2023. Studying with friends can help you clear your doubts and learn from each other. Make sure to choose your study partners wisely and avoid distractions.
- Stay Motivated: Staying motivated is vital to preparing for JEE Main 2023. Set realistic goals and celebrate your achievements along the way. Surround yourself with positive energy and stay focused on your goals.
- Take Care of Your Health: Taking care of your health is crucial while preparing for JEE Main 2023. Eat healthy food, stay hydrated, and get enough sleep. Taking care of your mental health is equally important. Take breaks, engage in enjoyable activities, and talk to your friends and family.
JEE Main 2023 is a crucial exam for students pursuing engineering careers. It is essential to clearly understand the eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, and important dates.
By following a proper study plan and taking care of your health, you can prepare well for the exam and increase your chances of success. Good luck!