Scholarships are designed to give students financial support to pay their college fees. They are given out by academic or athletic achievement. Education has become more affordable for many student groups thanks to undergraduate grants for Indian students studying abroad.
For Indian students, scholarships make it easier to attend prestigious colleges abroad without being concerned about specific costs.
Additionally, other undergraduate scholarships are available for Indian students who want to study overseas. To mention a few, some of them are merit-based, program-based, and minority-based.
Other scholarships are available, but this blog will concentrate on the best need- and merit-based undergraduate study abroad scholarships for 2022.
Why Pursue an Undergraduate Degree Abroad?
There are many reasons students may pursue an undergraduate degree abroad. Some benefits of studying abroad at the undergraduate level include the following:
- Studying abroad allows students to immerse themselves in a new culture and learn about different ways of life, customs, and traditions. This can be a valuable experience for personal growth and development.
- Studying abroad can also be an excellent opportunity to learn a new language or improve existing language skills. This can be especially useful for students studying in a country where the language of instruction differs from their native language.
- An undergraduate degree from a top-ranked international university can be a valuable asset in career advancement. It can demonstrate a student's ability to adapt to new environments and work effectively in diverse settings, essential skills in today's globalised world.
- Studying abroad can also be an excellent opportunity for personal growth and development. It can help students become more independent, self-confident, and resilient as they face new challenges and navigate unfamiliar environments.
- Studying abroad can also provide students with valuable networking opportunities, as they can meet and interact with students and professionals worldwide. This can help build a solid professional network that can be useful in the future.
Benefits of Undergraduate Scholarships
- They provide the most cost-effective means of pursuing education in reputable and prominent programs and colleges without financial risk.
- Receiving a scholarship boosts students' confidence in their achievements and academic success because there are millions of scholarship applications.
- In addition to receiving the scholarship stipend, choosing a fully-funding scholarship can help students pay the 5% increase in the foreign tuition charge for undergraduate courses.
- A merit-based scholarship demonstrates to the institution that you are a capable student who can handle the coursework while studying abroad, helping the university.
Top Undergraduate Scholarships to study abroad
Undergraduate scholarships for Indian students might help them further their studies and stand out on their resumes. In addition to the tuition, numerous other significant costs may be associated with pursuing undergraduate education abroad, such as living expenses, personal expenses, etc. To complete all the prerequisites and continue your studies at the top university, applying for an undergraduate scholarship may be helpful.
Foreign students have access to a massive selection of scholarships. Listed below are the five best scholarships for Indian students looking to study overseas after their 12th-grade year, out of the many listed.
Oxford and Cambridge Society of India (OCSI) Scholarships
OCSI is an undergraduate study abroad fellowship for Indian students. It is a non-profit alumni group with its headquarters in New Delhi. Indian students who wish to attend Oxford University or the University of Cambridge may apply for this scholarship.
Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed in New Delhi after submitting their applications online.
- The candidate must register for any full-time or part-time course at Cambridge University, Oxford University, or any of their affiliated institutions.
- Indian nationality is required.
- The candidate must not have turned 30.
- INR 2,00,000
UCD Global Graduate Scholarships
One of the most well-known foreign scholarships for Indian students following their 12th-grade year to study in Dublin is the UCD Global Graduate Scholarship. International students who wish to enrol in the undergraduate program at one of UCD's institutions may apply for this grant to study abroad.
- Candidate acceptance into a UCD program is mandatory.
- The candidate must be enlisted in self-funding and eligible for university fees as a non-EU student.
- Must be a citizen in good standing of one of the nations that qualify.
- 100% or 50% of the tuition price may be awarded.
Wien International Scholarship Program
Since its founding in 1958, it has been one of the most known global scholarship programs. More than 890 students from 115 nations have been able to study at Brandeis thanks to this undergraduate study abroad scholarship since it was established.
Students can submit applications for undergraduate study abroad scholarships through the university's website.
- The applicant must get Brandeis University's enrollment.
- The applicant must require financial support.
- Must meet the required academic standards.
- Covers the tuition fee of the course.
Quacquarelli Symonds Scholarship
Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) provides a study abroad scholarship for bachelor's degree candidates. Worthy undergraduate students studying for a degree at a QS-ranked university are awarded this scholarship. According to courses, QS offers a variety of undergraduate scholarships.
- A university with a QS ranking must accept applicants.
- The first educational year for applicants must start in the subsequent year.
- A Sustainable Development Goal must be the focus of an essay, along with a strategy for achieving it.
- A maximum of INR 3,68,800 will be awarded to pay for tuition.
Cornell University TATA Scholarship
One of the top scholarships for Indian students seeking to study abroad following their 12th grade is the Tata Scholarship. The renowned Tata Education and Development Trust provides funding for it. It is a yearly scholarship that supports Indian students attending Cornell University to further their education. The scholarship may receive up to $25 million in financial aid. Only 20 applicants will be eligible for this international undergraduate grant.
- The applicant must be an Indian national.
- Completed secondary education in India.
- Must be qualified for need-based assistance.
- Must possess a Cornell University offer letter.
- It covers the student’s tuition and fees.