With its top-notch colleges, low tuition costs, and extensive selection of courses, Germany is a student's dream. Because these well-regarded programs frequently prepare you for high-paying employment, the nation is becoming increasingly popular as a study-abroad location. International students can study in Germany without taking the IELTS helps increase the country's appeal.
Why study in Germany?
- Continually among the top universities in the world are German institutions. They give international students a uniform education, training, and extensive industrial exposure. Every student can access a wide range of chances to advance their education in a welcoming setting.
- Germany, a developed nation, offers a variety of degree programs, diplomas, and certifications for students from abroad. The nation is renowned for its business, psychology, architecture, industrial engineering, law, mathematics, and computer science programs. In addition, over 150 German institutions and universities offer entirely English-taught courses and degrees.
- German universities provide study programs supported by cutting-edge instructional techniques, cutting-edge facilities, and infrastructure acknowledged globally. Every course's curriculum and related areas are designed to produce academically outstanding students with a fundamental understanding of each subject and a professional attitude.
- Germany strongly emphasizes higher education to create a competent labour force and professionals to progress in cultural and technological advancements. German universities work hard to offer the most significant possible education while charging the least possible tuition. There are numerous free colleges in Germany for overseas students from which to pick and academic programs with nearly no tuition expenses for those who choose to pursue higher education in the nation.
- International students can enrol for admission at several universities in Germany without taking an English language competence test like the IELTS. There are, however, several universities in Germany where IELTS is not required for enrollment. While studying in a Western European nation, you have the chance to learn German as well. German businesses hire world-class executives to fill top management positions, creating a vast global network of branches.
- Germany is well-known for Oktoberfest and World War II. Numerous stunning natural settings, significant historical landmarks, fairytale castles, and exciting party locales can be found there. In the centre of Europe, Germany has the most robust economy and a rich cultural legacy. Its diversified population offers opportunities for international students to learn about German customs and traditions and make many friends.
- Germany offers a wealth of alternatives for international students looking to work part-time. These changes help manage living expenses, improve future employability, and develop independent living skills. German degrees are highly appreciated and widely recognized, making it more straightforward for graduates to get employment in the competitive worldwide market.
Is it possible to study in Germany without IELTS?
If you don't have IELTS, you can still study in Germany. Studying in Germany without taking the IELTS for students from nations where English is the primary language or those with a degree in English literature is also possible! The two main ways to do this are to either show that you earned your undergraduate degree using English as the medium of instruction or to present a Language or Medium of Instruction Certificate (MOI) from your prior institution or school to demonstrate your English language ability.
The best universities in Germany that accept applicants without an IELTS score
Applicants who want to be taken into German colleges without IELTS must fulfil several requirements. Several reputable universities in the nation may get you, even though not all accept students without IELTS. The best universities that accept overseas applicants without IELTS scores are listed below:
- Esslingen University of Applied Sciences (Hochschule Esslingen)
- Braunschweig University of Technology (TU Braunschweig)
- University of Kiel
- University of Kassel
- University of Siegen
- University of Kaiserslautern
- University of Giessen
- Free University of Berlin
- University of Koblenz and Landau
- The University of Applied Sciences, Ingolstadt (Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt)
- Flensburg University of Applied Sciences
- Anhalt University of Applied Sciences
- Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences
- Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences
- University of Koblenz Landau
- Technische Hochschule Deggendorf
- University of Passau
- University of Hildesheim
- Ruhr University Bochum
- TH Köln
- University of Freiburg
- University of Siegen
- University of Bayreuth
- University of Bonn
- Chemnitz University of Technology
- Hochschule Stralsund
- Mittweida University
How to study in Germany without IELTS
The best alternative is to select a German institution that doesn't require IELTS and apply for your desired degree there if you haven't been able to take the IELTS exam, don't have the necessary scores, or for any other reason won't be able to submit your language competence scores. The following are the most important considerations when applying to academic institutions in Germany without IELTS:
- The university requires a "Language/Medium of Instruction Certificate (MOI)" from the academic institution where you finished your prior program.
- IELTS is not necessary if a student already has a bachelor's degree in which English was the language of instruction.
- If English is your native language, you can study in Germany without taking the IELTS exam.
- You could apply for a program at a German university without submitting your English proficiency test results if you earned your bachelor's degree in English as a discipline, such as BA in English Literature.
- Universities sometimes use a video interview with audio to assess an applicant's English language ability.
The university may require IELTS or any other language-related exam, but it is always best to confirm this directly with them.
German student visa without IELTS
IELTS certification is typically one of the documents needed to qualify for a VISA program. It is unnecessary, however, if you submit your MOI certification to the university along with an email confirming your degree.
The confirmation letter should clarify that you might have asked for some training certification and that the institution has permitted you to do your research.
Send your Medium of Instruction certification, a letter of confirmation from the German university, and other required paperwork when applying for a student VISA. You are getting closer to achieving your aim of studying in Germany without taking the IELTS.
The steps you must take to be eligible for a German student visa are listed below:
- The location of the closest German Embassy or Consulate.
- An examination of the standards and procedures
- Make an appointment for a visa.
- Have the required documentation for visa applications on hand
- Get ready for an appointment by obtaining your passport.
The time between receiving word of acceptance to the university and securing the necessary cash to live in Germany is short for the application process for a German student visa. This is one of the essential requirements since, in the absence of an official scholarship, you would need to provide evidence of significant sources of wealth using specific strategies, such as depositing the extra money in a blocked German account.
Document Checklist to study in Germany without IELTS
- Certificate of Medium of Instruction (MOI)
Without IELTS or any other language certification, you must submit an MOI certificate from your former academic institution proving that the language of instruction for your prior degree was English to enrol in the course of study in Germany. You will be assisted throughout the admissions process and given a legitimate language certificate by MOI.
- Letter of Confirmation
Ensure you receive a letter from the institution confirming that your medium of instruction letter has been validated and that you are excused from submitting TOEFL results once you have been admitted to the German university you applied for. The nearest German embassy's confirmation letter can replace TOEFL or English Proficiency test results. It will aid you in completing the immigration process because it contains an explicit declaration that your MOI was approved.
- German language course certification
You can also study in Germany without taking the IELTS exam by choosing a German language program. You must present a German language certification that ranges from C1 to B1 level to enrol in the course. You can submit your TestDAF, DSH, GOETHE, or other German language test results if you apply to programs where German is taught.
- German student visa
The last step to studying in Germany without IELTS is to pack your bags for your desired university and apply for a German student visa.
Courses available in Germany without IELTS
International students looking to study in Germany without IELTS have a choice between two main program types: English and German. According to the German educational system, university courses are separated according to the method of instruction:
Courses in English
International students might choose a course taught in English if they are not familiar with the regional languages of Germany. To draw in foreign students, almost all German institutions offer a variety of courses in English. Candidates from English-speaking nations can enrol in these courses directly without taking a language competence exam, but other candidates must do so.
Courses in German
The same programs can also be studied with German as the primary language instruction for international students. Before the admissions process starts, students must ensure they are at ease with the language. From university to university, there could be differences in the language requirements. Most organizations recognize certifications with a level between B1 and C1.