Master of Digital Marketing in Canada is a rather new course that is taking both Canada and the world by storm. This course encompasses digital media, digital content, social media handles, and advertising.
In this era when every aspect of the world is digitizing, the scope of digital marketing is simply gigantic. As a result, MS in Digital Marketing is a smart choice for students who are interested in social media advertising, marketing of products and services via digital platforms and making a digital presence.
This course costs from CAD 20,000 to CAD 50,000 and comes with internships and placements in several universities and colleges.
Why study Master of Digital Marketing in Canada
- Canada offers flexible master and postgraduate digital marketing programs covering a huge range of specializations.
- You can study Master of Digital Marketing in Canada without strenuous exams like GRE and GMAT
- The job demand is increasing in the field of Digital Marketing in Canada is predicted to increase even more in the future.
- Digital Marketing professionals earn from CAD 40,000 to more than CAD 100,000 a year in Canada.
- You can work for 1- 3 years after completing your Master of digital marketing in Canada and eventually make your way to a Permanent Residency in Canada
Top Universities for Master of Digital Marketing in Canada
Some of the best Canadian universities offering the MS in Digital Marketing programs/ PG programs in Digital Marketing in Canada are:
- University of Waterloo
- University of British Columbia
- University of Alberta
- Ryerson University
- McMaster University
- Ontario Tech University
- Simon Fraser University
- York University
Master of Digital Marketing in Canada fees
The tuition fees For Master of Digital Marketing in Canada for Digital Media in Canada range from CAD 20,000 to CAD 50,000 per year for international students. The price depends on factors like the university, kind of program/ specializations and so on.
Master of Digital Marketing in Canada entry requirements for international students
While tests like GRE and GMAT do provide an edge to students seeking Master of Digital Marketing in Canada, these are not among the mandatory entry requirements.
The eligibility criteria to study Master of Digital Marketing can be mainly divided into 2 categories: English language requirement and Academic Requirement.
The English language requirement is a must if you are from an English, not speaking country. Students can give tests like IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE. The most basic IELTS Requirement is 6.5 with no band less than 6. The top universities demand 7 with no band less than 6.5 or equivalent score.
Likewise, the academic requirement goes a minimum of 70% in the 4-year bachelor degree in a relevant field. If the field is irrelevant, you need to justify it with a proper experience or cover letter.
Canada University Requirement Criteria and information
University of British Columbia
- Masters of Digital Marketing Course: Master of Digital Media
- Course Duration: 16 months (1-year coursework + 4-month internship)
- IELTS/ TOEFL Requirement: A minimum of 7 with no section less than 6.5/ A minimum 100 with no band less than 20.
- Academic Requirement: Students need to pass a 4-year bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with a minimum aggregate of 76%/ B+ in the third and fourth years. In case of irrelevant background, students need to establish the reasons for the change of field. A short formal essay on a topic related to digital media of a maximum of 750 words is also needed.
- Total tuition fees: CAD 37,891.6 for domestic students and CAD 61,261.04 for International students (including the internship semester)
University of Waterloo
- Masters of Digital Marketing Course: MA in Experimental Digital Media
- Course Duration: 1 to 2 years
- IELTS/ TOEFL Requirement: A minimum of 7 with no band less than 6.5/ A minimum 90 With no band less than 25/ 63 with no band less than 65
- Academic Requirement: Students need to pass a 4-year bachelor’s degree in English with 78% in English courses and 75% overall.
- Annual tuition fees: CAD 21,126 to CAD 38,920
- Masters of Digital Marketing Course: Master in Business Administration - Digital Marketing
- Course Duration: 2 years full time
- Language requirement: Students need to demonstrate the knowledge of French because the education is offered in French, assignments and exams are written in French
- Academic Requirement: Students need to hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with a minimum of 3.22 out of 4.33 in all undergraduate studies
- Annual tuition fees: CAD 15000- CAD 28,000 per year.
Postgraduate Diploma in Digital Marketing in Canada
- PG Certificate in Digital and Content Marketing
- Graduate Certificate in Marketing: Digital Engagement Strategy
- Graduate Studies in Marketing Management
- Graduate Certificate in Media Convergence
- Graduate Certificate in Marketing: Research & Analytics
- Diploma in Digital Marketing Specialist Co-op
- Graduate Certificate in Interactive Media Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Public Relations, Marketing and Strategic Communication
- Postgraduate Certificate in Marketing Management
- Postgraduate Certificate in Digital and Content Marketing
- Diploma in Marketing and Digital Media
The colleges offering the graduate certificate and postgraduate diploma course in digital Marketing in Canada are:
- Centennial College
- Conestoga College
- Lambton College
- Algonquin College
- Fanshawe College
- Sheridan College
Scholarships for Master of Digital Marketing in Canada
Most Canadian universities offer generous scholarships to domestic and international students to help them with the tuition fees.
Some of the most popular scholarships available to international students seeking an MS in Digital Marketing or a similar degree in Canada are:
- York University Automatic Entrance Scholarships
- UWaterloo Graduate Entrance Scholarships
- Vanier Graduate Scholarships
Application Requirements for international students while applying for Master of Digital Marketing in Canada
- Official Intermediate level transcripts, characters, provisional certificates
- Official Bachelors level transcript, character and provisional certificate
- 2-3 references (at least 2 academic and 1 professional is asked by most of the universities)
- Resume with all academic and professional achievements
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of Scholarships if any
- A valid English Proficiency test result
- Samples of work if asked
Scope of Digital Marketing in Canada
After completing Master of Digital Marketing or Digital Media, the top jobs of digital media field like social media managers, designers, managers, technical artists, producers opens up for students.
You can make a career as a digital marketing officer/ executive, media planner, advertising copywriter, media buyer, content creator etc as a digital marketing graduate.
We have mentioned some of the most popular Digital Marketing jobs in Canada and the average salary earned by people of those job profiles in the table below.
|Designation||Average Salary in CAD per annum|
|Content Marketing Strategist||128,000|
|Digital Marketing Manager||157,000|
|Search Marketing Strategist||171,000|
|Social Media Specialist||120,000|
|Trade Marketing Professional||129,000|
|Web Content Manager||136,000|
The degree in MS in digital Marketing is likely to come in handy in Canada thanks to the increasing opportunities and expanding market. The salary for digital marketing professionals may be more in the cities like Toronto.