Master of Clinical Psychology in the United Kingdom is a one-year academic course that allows you to gain comprehensive knowledge on theoretical and practical aspects of Clinical Psychology with a graduate award from the world's top-ranked universities.
If you are aspiring to pursue a master's in Clinical psychology in the United Kingdom, it would be the best choice to get an intensive knowledge of the international health system and skills of applied clinical psychology on physical as well as mental health.
Once you get a graduate degree in Clinical degree from the United Kingdom, you will get ample opportunities to work in the United Kingdom, your home country or any healthcare system of mental and physical healthcare spectrums, public health, psychotherapy, behavioural change, and private hospitals and clinics over the world.
In the context of the hectic modern world, mental distress, anxiety and depression, and other mental diseases are increasing day by day globally, so the demand for clinical and counselling have been growing.
The tuition fee for this course ranges from £13,500 to £ 24,400 annually with research and internships. Most of the universities in the UK offer scholarships for deserving students.
Why Study Master of Clinical Psychology in the UK?
- The UK offers full-time as well as part-time master's and postgraduate comprising a wide range of specializations and research in clinical psychology.
- The UK has top-ranked universities that offer scholarships, grants, and placement programs for students pursuing master's degrees in clinical psychology.
- The demand for Clinical psychologists has been growing in the UK and globally and is likely to be increased in future.
- Get extensive practical knowledge in reputed health institutions and get a chance to meet reputed psychologists and consultants while studying. So you can fast-track your career quickly.
- Clinical psychologists earn £65000 to £ 80000 annually in the UK.
Top Universities for Master of Clinical Psychology in the UK
Some of the renowned universities of the UK offering Masters in Clinical Psychology are listed as follows.
1. The University of Manchester
2. University of Edinburgh
3. University of Birmingham
4. University of Hertfordshire
5. University of Sussex
6. University of Strathclyde
7. Newcastle University
8. University of Reading
9. University of Central Lancashire
10. Swansea University
11. University of Plymouth
12. University of Southampton
13. Anglia Ruskin University
Cost of Master of Clinical Psychology in the UK
The tuition fees for the Master of Clinical Psychology in the UK range from £13,500 to £24, 400 including pre-arrival and post-arrival costs.
Master of Clinical Psychology in the UK: Entry Requirements for International Students
To apply for admission within UK universities, you need a 4 or 3-year's bachelor degree in psychology and other equivalent subjects foremost. The British Psychological Society should accept subjects except for Psychology and submit appropriate supporting documents per University requirements. In addition, English Language Tests like IELTS/TOEFL/PTE are required for international students.
At least a 6.5 IELTS score, no less than 6.0 in each band, is required to get admission to Masters's in Clinical Psychology. However, to gain admission to top universities and a scholarship of 7.0 is required.
The academic requirement is (50-70 %) marks in the 4 years of a bachelor, although 3 years of a bachelor's should justify with relevant documents like cover letters and work experiences.
UK University Requirements Criteria and Information
Different universities have set their requirement criteria. Requirements for a Master in Clinical Psychology in top-ranking universities in the UK are as follows:
|University||Academic requirement||English Language Proficiency||Annual Tuition Fees|
|The University of Manchester||
-Bachelor in psychology (60-70%), (3.0-3.59 GPA)
-You need to prove appropriate reasons for shifting the field for irrelevant subjects.
-A short academic essay(personal statement) expressing your interest in pursuing a Master's in Clinical Psychology
IELTS:7.0 (at least 7.0 in writing module)
|University of Birmingham||Bachelor's degree (60-70%)||
IELTS: 6.5 ( no less than 6.0 in the module)
TOEFL: 88 (at least 21 in Reading, 20 in Listening, 22 in Speaking and 21 in Writing)
PTE: Academic 67 with no less than 64 in all four skills
|University of Edinburgh||
-Bachelor's degree in psychology and relevant subjects (60-70%)
- personal statement
IELTS: 7.0, no less than 6.5 for each band
TOEFL: 100 (no less than 23 in each module)
|University of Herefordshire||
3 years bachelor's degree 65% or above
4 years bachelor's degree 60%or above
|IELTS: 6.0 or 6.5(no less than 5.5 in each band)||£14850|
List of Universities Offering Masters in Clinical Psychology in the UK without IELTS
1. University of Liverpool
2. University of Sussex
3. University of Bath
4. University of East Anglia
5. London South Bank University
6. University of South Wales
7. Goldsmith University
Scholarship for Master of Clinical Psychology in the UK
1. International Excellence Scholarship.
2. International Merit Scholarship
3. Vice-Chancellor Scholarship
4. Chevening Partner Scholarship Scheme
5. Commonwealth Masters Scholarship
Application Requirement for International students while applying for a Master in Clinical Psychology in the UK
- Official intermediate (10+2) level transcripts, character certificate and provisional certificate.
- Official bachelor-level transcripts, character certificate and provisional certificate.
- References of 2-3 (at least two academics and one professional per university requirements).
- Statement of Purpose or Personal Statement.
- Resume with academic qualifications and professional experience.
- Valid documents of Scholarship.
- A valid English Proficiency test result.
- Sample of work, if required
- Valid Passport
Scope of Clinical Psychology in the UK
After completing a Master's in Clinical Psychology, you can easily get employed in Clinical Practices in the UK health care system. The job placements of clinical psychologists are in government and private hospitals, clinics, educational institutions, and nonprofit organizations.
The demand for clinical psychologists has dramatically increased after the Covid-19 pandemic. Psycho-social counselling and psychotherapy are integral to universities, hospitals, police, sports forensics and legal, and other government agencies in the UK.
The earning of a clinical psychologist is significant in the UK. The salary package for clinical psychologists is one of the highly paid salary scales in health services. The annual salary ranges from £38,000 to £60,000, generally. Specifically, the salary scale according to the designation of Clinical Psychology is given below:
|Designation||The average salary in GBP(£) per annum|
|Head Clinical Psychologist||£103,860|
|Consultants Clinical Psychologist||£ 86,687|
|Trainee Clinical Psychologists||£37,570|