Master of Information Technology is one of the most popular degrees today worldwide. Since the IT field is growing exponentially, there is a growing demand for IT professionals.
Master of IT in the UK aims to produce qualified IT professionals who can take on responsibilities and help in the technological development of a country.
MIT in the UK has several specializations and is offered by many UK Universities.
If you want to know more about MIT in the UK, read this blog till the end.
- MSc Information Technology UK
- Best Universities for Information Technology UK
- What is the salary of an IT job in the UK?
- What are the IT and Computer Science Specializations available in the UK
Why Study Master of Information Technology in the UK
- According to ‘The Graduate Market in 2021,’ IT employees in the UK have an entry-level salary of around GBP 30,000.
- Generally, the admission requirements for a Master of IT in the UK are less competitive than universities in Canada and the USA.
- UK Universities offer several masters of IT specializations, thus producing excellent opportunities for students of different interests.
- With a Master of IT obtained in the UK, you can also work in other countries.
Top Universities to study Master of Information Technology in the UK
These are some of the best universities for a degree in Computer Science, according to the QS World University Rankings.
|World University Ranking
|University of Oxford
|University of Cambridge
|Imperial College London
|UCL (University College London)
|University of Edinburgh
|King's College London (KCL)
|The University of Manchester
|London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
|The University of Warwick
|University of Bristol
Cost of Masters in Information Technology in the UK
The cost of a Master in Information Technology in the UK ranges from GBP 14,000 to GBP 40,000 for international students. The cost of a Master in Information Technology for domestic students in the UK varies from GBP 6,000 to GBP 12,000.
Computer Science and IT Courses in the UK for International Students
These are some of the Master of IT specializations provided by UK Universities.
- Bioinformatics [MSc]
- Computer Systems Engineering [MSc]
- Data Analytics [MSc]
- Software Development MSc
- Data Science MSc
- Master in Computer Games Technology
- Masters in Artificial Intelligence
- Masters in Software Engineering
Master of Information Technology in UK Entry Requirements
The entry requirement to study Master of IT in the UK is at least 55% in the bachelor's degree in a relevant field. Some universities also ask for years of experience in a similar field.
International students must also satisfy the English Language Requirements for a Master of IT in the UK. Students must bring a minimum of 6.0 with a band score of less than 5.5 and an equivalent score in other tests like TOEFL and PTE. The minimum requirement is 79 in TOEFL and 53 in PTE.
University admission requirements samples for Master Program
- Master of the IT program: Management of Information Systems and Technology MSc
- Course Duration: 1-year full time
- IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE score: 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in each session and equivalent score in other tests.
- Academic Requirement: Students must have an undergraduate degree or an equivalent qualification in information systems, computing, IT or other related subjects.
- Annual tuition fees: £10,400 for domestic students and 17,900 for international students (£ 4000 optional additional fee per year for work placement)
University of Sussex
- Master of the IT program: Management of Information Technology MSc
- Course Duration:1 year full time
- IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE score: 6.5 with no less than 5.5 for each component/80 With a minimum of 17 in listening and writing, 18 in reading and 20 in speaking / 59 with no band less than 59
- Academic Requirement: Pass undergraduate degree with at least lower second-class grades. The undergrad degree should be in a field with subjects like Information Technology, computing, computer science etc.
- Annual tuition fees: Fees for upcoming intakes are not set yet. Please refer to the website.
University of Glasgow
- Master of the IT program: Information Technology MSc
- Course Duration: 1-year full time
- IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE score: 6.5 with no band less than 6.0/ 90 with a minimum of 20 in Reading, 19 in Speaking and Listening and 23 in Writing/ 60 with at least 59 in all subtests.
- Academic Requirement: Pass an Undergraduate degree with at least a 3.0 GPA for international students.
- Annual tuition fees: £10,250 for domestic students and 24,540 for international students
Scholarships for Master of IT in the UK
The government of the UK and the UK Universities offer several scholarships for international students who wish to study in the UK. These scholarships cover the partial or complete tuition fees of international students.
- Commonwealth Scholarship Schemes
- Chevening Scholarships
- School of Computing Science: International Excellence Awards
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships
- Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships
- Warwick’s Chancellor’s International Scholarships
- Developing Solutions Scholarships at the University of Nottingham
- Bristol University Think Big Scholarships
You need to read the below-listed documents if you wish to apply for a Master of IT in the UK
- Official transcripts, character certificate and Provisional certificate of Bachelors level
- Intermediate-level transcripts, character and provisional certificate
- The 10th-level mark sheet and character certificate
- English Proficiency tests like IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE etc
- Application fees
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of Scholarships, if any
- GRE/GMAT is asked
Scope of Master of Information Technology in the UK
Depending upon your technical skills and Master of IT specializations, you can work in fields such as :
- Applications development
- Project Management
- Computer forensics
- Content management
- Quality Assurance
- Cyber security and risk management
- Data analysis and analytics
- Artificial Intelligence
- Game development
- Geographical information systems (GIS)
- Hardware engineering
- Information management
- IT consultancy (business and technical)
- IT sales
- Multimedia programming
- Software engineering (designing, building, developing and testing)
- Systems/network management
- Technical support
- Cloud Computing
- Web design/development.
IT professionals also find jobs in sectors such as Financial Services, Public Sector, Retail, Manufacturing etc., focusing mainly on technological aspects.
These are some of the IT jobs in the UK with respective salaries.
|IT Jobs in the UK
|Annual Salary in GBP in the UK
|IT Support Engineer
|Chief Information Officer