SAIM (South Asian Institute of Management) College is a management institute in Devkota Sadak, Old Baneshwor Chowk, Kathmandu. The college was established in 2005 AD.
SAIM works with its students regularly to make greatness a habit rather than a one-time event. After good-natured students come to SAIM, the college develops them so that when they finish their few years at SAIM and move on in their careers, they are appreciated for their intelligence, personality, attitude, competencies, work ethics, and soft skills. The college strives to create the best in its students by providing the best teaching resources, practical exposures, and experiential learning opportunities, such as case studies, role-playing, internships, lecture series, and practical exposures, so that they can enter the market as a corporate athlete with both technical expertise and emotional maturity.
The hospitable learning environment at SAIM fosters friendly relationships between staff and students, allowing SAIM to bring out the best in them and live up to our tagline, SAIM for success. At SAIM, we concentrate on students' competencies, abilities, and capabilities to help them succeed. Thus, by providing a holistic educational environment, SAIM promises to provide future candidates who are visionary, critical decision-makers, change agents, and, above all, good human beings.
SAIM College offers the Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA) program over eight semesters for four years and a two-year Masters in Business Administration (MBA) program. Both these undergraduate and graduate programs at this college are affiliated with Pokhara University (PoU).
To be a reputable regional learning center recognized worldwide for excellence in management and development, teaching, and research.
To develop managers, leaders, and entrepreneurs with a powerful sense of integrity and dedication through knowledge creation, preservation, and dissemination while keeping South Asian values in mind to best serve the interests of business, government, non-governmental organizations, and society. SAIM is committed to persistently trying in the academic domain to develop scholars and equip its graduates to assume positions of leadership in South Asia and worldwide.
- To produce managers with strong management knowledge, abilities, values, leadership traits, and a positive mindset.
- To develop relevant, practical courses based on sound theory, regional case studies, and experience exchange.
- To inspire students to achieve their full potential by encouraging creativity, innovation, and successful teamwork.
- To foster faculty creativity and innovation via continuing education, faculty development initiatives, consultancy, and research. To form institution and joint venture partnerships with reputable institutions around the world.
- To develop tight relationships with the corporate and intellectual communities in South Asia and elsewhere.
- To give all participants a sense of camaraderie and companionship that accepts all cultures and religions while learning and living at the institute.
Number of Courses
2 Programs. Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA) and Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
The main intake for programs provided at SAIM College is affiliated with Pokhara University (PoU). So, the intake occurs in September.
SAIM College offers a merit-based scholarship program to both needy and deserving students.
Furthermore, SAIM provides Sri Sohan Lal Golyan full/partial scholarships to outstanding graduate and undergraduate students each year.
Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA) program:
Candidates for admission to Pokhara University’s BBA program at SAIM College must have completed 12 years of formal education or 10+2 or equivalent exams with a minimum of 40% overall or a 2 CGPA (with atleast D+ in a particular subject).
They must also have at least 40% on Pokhara University Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) exam.
Documents required for bachelor's program:
- Two current PP-sized pictures.
- Equivalency, transfer, and character certificates of SEE/SLC and 10+2.
- Grade sheet of CMAT entrance examination conducted by the college.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) program:
Students with an undergraduate degree in any field (management, science, humanities, education) or equivalent are eligible to apply for the MBA program at SAIM College.
- MBA application form, completed and signed.
- Copies of all academic transcripts with attestations and character certificates (SLC onwards).
- Original Migration Certificate of Bachelors degree (If any academic degree from a foreign university, a copy of the equivalent certificate).
- Copy of citizenship with attestation.
- Recent passport-size photos in two copies.
What are the programs offered at SAIM College?
SAIM College offers Pokhara University (PoU) affiliated Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) and Master of Business Administration (MBA) programs.
Where is SAIM College?
The SAIM College is located in Devkota Sadak, Old Baneshwor Chowk, Kathmandu.
How is the academic performance of South Asian Institute of Management (SAIM) College?
Every year, students from the SAIM College consistently place highly in various levels of national academic as wells as international results.
Does SAIM College offer a BHM program?
No, SAIM College only provides BBA and MBA programs affiliated with PoU.