The College of Information Technology and Engineering (CITE), affiliated with Purbanchal University, was founded in 2000 as the first college in Nepal to offer Information Technology (IT) education. CITE is in the heart of Kathmandu, in Subidhanagar, Tinkune. CITE now provides bachelor's degree programs in information technology, engineering, and management.
CITE was founded to solve Nepal's and the world's severe lack of IT, engineering, and management experts. The ideals that drive the College place students at the center of the learning experience and educate them on high professional standards of quality and discipline. It aspires to offer its students intellectual insights, technical knowledge, and skills that will enable them to enter the new millennium and benefit from the extraordinary expansion of the multidimensional industry, economy, and globe.
You will be pushed to learn new skills at CITE. You'll learn about new theories as well as discoveries and technology. You'll work with highly qualified, approachable teachers with real-world expertise and have opportunities to discover mentors who will prioritize your success.
CITE provides students with innovative, professional, and tailored academic programs that focus on the learners' capacity to engage in creative, analytical, and creative thinking. Students here get educational, skilled professional, professional, and personal growth as a result of a collaborative and IT industry-focused learning style.
CITE aspires to merge the practical application with academic theory, investigate professionally essential themes, exchange life experiences, and motivate students to make a significant contribution to the world.
CITE works with business houses to form alliances with businesses, industries, and professional and social groups. The training and placement part of the college uses its advice and direction for engineering, technology, and management programs.
What are the benefits of attending the College of Engineering and Management?
- The college strongly emphasizes hands-on learning to help students prepare for future employment. As a result, graduates are well-prepared and able to enter the industry as skilled workers.
- The campus is a new and creative educational institution that tries to provide its students with the best education possible while sticking to strong ideals and maintaining a focused environment. The school is built on strong academic standards and expectations for each student, co-curricular activities, and responsibility.
- Student life at CITE is an incredible experience. Mentors and counselors are always available on campus to assist students with any concerns or give advice. CITE students are not just academically proficient but also culturally involved, staging various student-centered social events throughout the year. Students can join clubs based on their interests and participate in club-organized events.
- Undoubtedly, every CITE graduate finds work at top businesses and institutes. It has established a positive reputation and ties with educational institutions and industries, helping its students to achieve the high-paying jobs they deserve after completing their studies at this prestigious college.
- The lecturers and faculty at CITE are outstanding. They devote hours to organizing and preparing lectures and conducting weekly office hours for students to provide the best education possible. Teachers are humble and recognize the obstacles and difficulties outside the classroom.
Number of Programs
The main intake is Mangsir.
Students are chosen based on their past academic achievement and shown ability as evidenced by their results.
Applicants can apply for admission to the college in two ways: online through the college website or by visiting the college.
Documents/Qualifications required for Admission
- SLC Mark sheet
- School Leaving Certificate
- SLC Character Certificate
- Transcript of 12th-grade
- Individual Mark sheet of 12th-grade
- Character Certificate of 12th-grade
- Provisional Certificate of 12th-grade
- Migration Certificate of 12th-grade
- BE: Purbanchal University recognizes 10+2 Science/Intermediate Level Science/Diploma in Engineering or Equivalent with a minimum of 45% or second division/"C" Grade in grades 11 and 12.
Where is the College of Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) located?
The institute is situated in Subidhanagar, Tinkune, Kathmandu, Nepal.
What is the primary intake date?
The main intake is Mangsir.
What are the basic academic requirements?
Each course at CITE has academic entry criteria that students must meet to qualify for that course. Generally, the minimum academic entry is the satisfactory completion of Year 12 or equivalent for BE.
What are the prices for studying at the institute?
The prices are determined by the courses you apply for. The average cost is 6-10 lakhs per course.
Does the College provide scholarships to students?
Yes, the college does provide scholarships to students. Students are chosen based on their past academic achievement and shown ability, as evidenced by their results. For more info, see the scholarship section of the article.
What is the application fee at the College of Information Technology and Engineering (CITE)?
The application fee is Rs. 1500 and is nonrefundable.