The objective of the MBS programme is to enable the students to work as competent managers &
to meet the demand of higher level managers in organizations, particularly in the functional areas
of management. Upon graduation, a student should be able to function as a manager in business,
industry, government and non-government sectors, within and outside the country, in areas like
accounting, marketing, finance and general management. The MBS programme specifically aims
1. Equip students with required conceptual knowledge of business and management.
2. Prepare managers in the functional areas of management.
3. Develop knowledge and skill of business environment in national and international
4. Encourage entrepreneurial capabilities in students to make them effective change agents in
the Nepalese society.
5. Develop research capability to the students.
6. Prepare foundation for advanced studies and research activities in management sector.
Developing managerial practice for imparting skills by student is a central concern of the Faculty of
Management (FOM), Tribhuvan University (TU). The emphasis upon practice is reflected in various
Master level programs. Management program lays special emphasis on developing graduates
managerial and entrepreneurial skills over a solid foundation of theories and techniques. Through this two-year (60) credit hours program students develop their knowledge and management skills on the 2 basis of a good understanding of the existing issues like economic, social, political milieu both at the national and global levels